Author Topic: old school evocation  (Read 91 times)

Kapalika

old school evocation
« on: November 08, 2018, 12:06:11 am »
I was having a conversation with a friend in a private chatroom the other night when the subject of ancient based (such as Egyptian, Greek ect) magic came up, which bled into some mentions of grimiore type of evocation complete with protective circles and bindings. That got me thinking, about how the practices of demonic evocation has changed over time and what benefits one might have from using grimiores.

I also heard an argument (from a video they linked) that a lot of evocations these days fail because people don't bind spirits and so they can't necessarily know that they got the right spirit or not:

(edit: sorry I don't remember where in the video, I had it in the background as i was doing other stuff at the time)

Anyways, interesting stuff. I've lately found myself (partly through a book I bought a while ago and some recent experiences) drawn to older sources on demonic magic and evocation. I'll continue to look into this.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:07:54 am by Kapalika »
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Etu Malku

Re: old school evocation
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 01:28:25 am »
I find 'binding' and all that protective circle, ring stuff to be very UnWestern LHP-ish and more RHP/Abrahamic. As we (H☿D) understand that the Demonic are parts of our mind, there is no need to fear the forces summoned but rather to seek becoming One with them.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:31:17 pm by Etu Malku »
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Little Beast

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 09:07:29 am »
I find 'binding' and all that protective circle, ring stuff to be very UnWestern LHP-ish and more RHP/Abrahamic. As we (H☿D) understand that the Demonic are parts of our mind, there is no
need to fear the forces summoned but rather to seek becoming One with them.

This.

Precisely why if I want to be "traditional" about anything like Satanism or Daemonology I use the "Ophite Prayers". Usually I find any old spanner in the works just as appropriate ritually. I assume I'm a natural at this because I was circumcised at age 11 for medical reasons. When I told the nurse who attended me post-op (I repeat I WAS ELEVEN) I wanted to keep my foreskin and make it into a leather engagement ring for my future fiance her face taught me a lot about life. I had no idea she was Jewish, and if I was an adult I probably would have felt awkward.

"Demons" are funny things.

Kapalika

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 02:47:16 pm »
So neither of you believe in spirits that can exist totally independent of you? I personally don't use anything protective when I work with spirits of which I am aligned with but I don't totally let my guard down. Binding and protective circles have their uses. If you are an atheist and don't believe in any spirits sure I can see your perspective. However obviously I was looking to ask someone leaning more theistic.

As a side note I don't see how the use of a technique is 'un-LHP' when it's normally the domain of the RHP in any sense of the term to deny the application of various methods according to doctrine. Also anything gnostic, Satanic or Luciferian could be said to be Abrahamic as well, so I don't know why that's being pointed out. You also have to realize that a lot of grimiores were more so "corrupted" versions that had to mix some Christian elements in order to survive.

Also this guy was talking about evocation from a pre-Abrahamic perspective, since it's magic is based in Greek and Egyptian systems, just for the record. If any of the Setian types listen to it they might appreciate it but hell if I remember half the video by now.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Etu Malku

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 04:57:11 pm »
As a side note I don't see how the use of a technique is 'un-LHP' when it's normally the domain of the RHP in any sense of the term to deny the application of various methods according to doctrine.
Which is why I used the term 'Western' LHP.

Also anything gnostic, Satanic or Luciferian could be said to be Abrahamic as well
Luciferianism/Lucifer has nothing to do with the Abrahamic faiths, it is a Roman/Arabic deity long existing long before any of these faiths.
IAMTHATIAMNOT