Author Topic: The Book of Smokeless Fire  (Read 104 times)

BlackRose

The Book of Smokeless Fire
« on: August 17, 2020, 03:29:56 am »
I recently obtained a copy of The Book of Smokeless Fire by S. Ben Qayin. I was wondering if anyone here has read or has any experience with the entities described in this book?

For those that don't know, it is a LHP book about Black Magic in dealing particularly with Djinn. I've skimmed through the book once and now I'm going through it a second time but much more slowly trying to really absorb the information and methods within it. From what I've grasped, these Djinn are incredibly dangerous to deal with and the author explicitly explains that in the introduction of the book which I respect a great deal. It's basically stated that unleashing these Djinn is only necessary if all else fails depending on your reasons for doing so.

Anyways, I recommend it even if it's just for your reading or learning pleasure.
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~Ernest Henley

Etu Malku

Re: The Book of Smokeless Fire
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 07:20:35 pm »
I've been working in a Middle Eastern Occult tradition for the past 4 years, a lot of Solomonic Magic and studying السحر al'Sihr. The Book of Smokeless Fire is predominantly the personal experience of Qayin. I like the book and his work, however, when I researched where these 72 names came from I found it to be from a sort of Farmers Almanac that has a bunch a of folk-magic spells and herbal remedies.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

BlackRose

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 11:40:25 pm »
Interesting about the farmers almanac regarding the names. I'm highly enjoying the book, don't know if I'll ever actually try to summon any of these entities ever as I'm not filled with anger and a desire to destroy which Qayin states is the purpose of summoning these entities.

I do find it a bit skeptical though that he managed to summon all 72 of these Djinn within the book.
Qayin is a scary dude. I've watched a few interviews with him on YouTube and he seems to have a very certain aura to him...

Liu

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 05:38:24 pm »
Well I guess than I can skip that one as I'm hardly ever in the state claimed necessary for summoning those, good to know.
Or read it when I want an easy excuse for not working through what I'm reading ;)

I don't think I've seen any interviews with him, might listen to one next time I wonder what to listen to.

BlackRose

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 02:27:28 am »
Well I guess than I can skip that one as I'm hardly ever in the state claimed necessary for summoning those, good to know.
Or read it when I want an easy excuse for not working through what I'm reading ;)

I don't think I've seen any interviews with him, might listen to one next time I wonder what to listen to.

lol that's totally understandable. It's still a good read and offers some interesting ways about going about ritual work in regards to circles and triangles to build static energy and release it.

I finished reading it through another time the other night and decided to tuck it away with my other grimoires. I'm sure I'll pick it up again in the future and go through it. The Lunate character system within the book would be cool to try out next time I do an actual ritual of sorts.

Liu

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 07:09:07 pm »
I do find it a bit skeptical though that he managed to summon all 72 of these Djinn within the book.
Qayin is a scary dude. I've watched a few interviews with him on YouTube and he seems to have a very certain aura to him...
Watched a few videos with him now (including interviews - must have been at least partially the same, there aren't that many on YT) and I didn't get the same impression.
Seems like a very level-headed person who stresses a lot the importance of harmonious relationships and a balanced path and of not using malicious magick without reason.
His work with the djinn seems to have been an exception based on that.

BlackRose

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 04:03:36 am »
Watched a few videos with him now (including interviews - must have been at least partially the same, there aren't that many on YT) and I didn't get the same impression.
Seems like a very level-headed person who stresses a lot the importance of harmonious relationships and a balanced path and of not using malicious magick without reason.

I shouldn't of used the term scary to describe him, more-so I meant as in he seems like a very powerful magician; quite intelligent to say the least. I wish there was more interviews that I could watch or listen to with him. Ever since reading The Book of Smokeless Fire I'm really intrigued.

Etu Malku

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 12:38:04 am »

I shouldn't of used the term scary to describe him, more-so I meant as in he seems like a very powerful magician; quite intelligent to say the least. I wish there was more interviews that I could watch or listen to with him. Ever since reading The Book of Smokeless Fire I'm really intrigued.
IAMTHATIAMNOT