Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 2890 times)

Xepera maSet

What are you reading?
« on: June 18, 2017, 04:16:52 pm »
Currently I am reading "Godel's Proof," which so far questions the ability to use axioms in mathematics. I've been interested in philosophy of math since becoming a Platonist, and it's a good read. I'd love more of a these books for non-mathematicians if they exist.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

The stars don't tell the future, Donkey.
They tell stories.
- Shrek

Onyx

Re: What are you reading?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 08:57:25 pm »
Recently got the MindWar "trilogy", read the first half or so of MindStar, started reading MindWar. FindFar is next.

Electrodynamic Man is one the way, which I'm pretty excited about as it is supposed to explain Dr. Burr's experiments in better detail. Am also enjoying Ancient Egyptian Materials and Industries which is amazing in it's detailed explanations, fun to browse through at least.

My brother is a mathematician, I'll ask him if he can recommend anything related to philosophy/Platonism.
Arise thus in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being, for I am the same – I who am the Highest of Life.

Onyx

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 10:13:23 pm »
My brother is a mathematician, I'll ask him if he can recommend anything related to philosophy/Platonism.
He said he didn't really get into that sort of thing and couldn't recommend anything in particular.
Arise thus in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being, for I am the same – I who am the Highest of Life.

Xepera maSet

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 06:57:09 pm »
I am also reading Justice by Michael Sandel (philosophy of justice) and Nightside of Eden by Kenneth Grant. 

They tell stories.
- Shrek

pi_rameses

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 11:23:15 pm »
Sourcebook of Indian Philosophy and An Idealist View of Life. Both by Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. I have the latter in PDF format if anyone is interested.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

merytseth

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 12:09:07 am »
The Gods of the Egyptians, in segments at least, along with Goddesses, Whores, Wives, and Slaves, an study of women in classical antiquity.

Xepera maSet

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 12:15:47 am »
The Gods of the Egyptians, in segments at least, along with Goddesses, Whores, Wives, and Slaves, an study of women in classical antiquity.
I'm the same way, I'm reading like 5 books at any given time it seems. There's just no way to keep up.

They tell stories.
- Shrek

pi_rameses

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 12:24:30 am »
Done with Radhakrishnan. Currently reading John Fowles' The Magus and Her-Bak: Egyptian Initiate.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 12:26:32 am by Nylfmedli14 »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Xepera maSet

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 12:32:35 am »
Done with Radhakrishnan. Currently reading John Fowles' The Magus and Her-Bak: Egyptian Initiate.
Let me know how you like Her-Bak! 

They tell stories.
- Shrek

Xepera maSet

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 03:40:28 pm »
Apparently Peter Levenda wrote a fact filled Lovecraft fiction called "The Lovecraft Code," so I got that. Only to chapter two but it's not bad, definitely read worse. Quite lurid, but the dude loves Kenneth Grant so I expect nothing less!

They tell stories.
- Shrek

Onyx

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 02:17:52 pm »
Electrodynamic Man arrived. It appears to be pretty exhaustive, full of charts and data, photos of test subjects etc. I have a feeling I won't be getting much work done today.

Briefly, this discovery is that man is an electric organization, an inseparable part of a universe of law and order. He is not - as some have supposed - the accidental consequence of the random association of molecules or of haphazard evolution.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 03:13:07 pm by Onyx »

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 02:49:23 am »
Currently two books at once.

Mysteries of The Temple of Set by Don Webb and The Playboy Book Of Horror and the Supernatural. The latter was published in 1968 and is a collection of short stories. So far, it has some  nice little gems.

merytseth

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 01:12:52 pm »
Currently reading Alchemy: An Introduction to the Symbolism and the Psychology by Marie-Louise von Franz, a very interesting (and very readable) book on Jung's work with alchemy as it applies to individuation vs. the collective consciousness.

Neutrino

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 04:08:51 am »
The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are by Alan W. Watts (focuses on the Vedanta Hindu philosophy, Watts tries to translate the meaning of eastern religions to westerners)

Shadow Wolf

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 03:47:53 am »
I'm 600-some pages into A Storm of Swords, third book in the Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones book series. About 500 more pages left to go, and two more beefy books left after this one.
Slowly your troubles continue to multiply and to grow as a direct result of your being misguided,
Decieved, misdirected or fooled.
All of these are variations of the basic ego-gloried-live them in which you follow the gospel truth.