Author Topic: The Imperishable Star volume V guest papers  (Read 813 times)

Xepera-maSet

The Imperishable Star volume V guest papers
« on: December 13, 2019, 05:44:37 pm »
As with TIS iv we are looking for those interested in publishing an article in TIS V. The OS has always stated you don't have to be a member of our group to "get it", we're really more an administration trying to obtain and share LHP knowledge and ideas from all angles. We'll probably do 2-4 if anyone is interested, please feel free to comment or pm the administration if you're interested.

If you previously had an article that wasn't published also let us know, that's normal even for members.

MRT

Re: The Imperishable Star volume V guest papers
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 10:17:16 pm »
What are the conditions for non members?

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 10:24:14 pm »
Really just competency and dedication :). As long as it's informative or illustrative and makes your point well it's pretty much in. I'd recommend pulling up The Imperishable Star v.4 and looking at the guest articles there from @Mindmaster  , @Kapalika , and @Frater V.I.M.

Really the main thing is trying to diversify content, the opposite of most orgs hahaha

MRT

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 10:45:49 pm »
And a maximum words or anything?

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 12:16:49 am »
And a maximum words or anything?

Probably 10-15 pages max. Many are 3-10.@Kapalika 's paper was really freaking good but I think 20 pages was a little overwhelming for the newsletter. I don't remember how long the Life Fields paper was but it was two authors. I think Liber Draconis is about 10 pages.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 12:19:59 am by Xepera maSet »

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 12:18:42 am »
Then again TIS4 was overwhelmingly huge and basically a book, we're hoping for like ~50 pages a newsletter max moving ahead, at least until I win the lottery and don't need a day job!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 12:20:42 am by Xepera maSet »

MRT

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 12:37:53 pm »
perfect; and then my last question, when is the deadline?

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2019, 02:19:20 pm »
perfect; and then my last question, when is the deadline?

There is not one at this time. Basically we want to release in 2020, preferably the first half haha. It's very much quality over quantity, like I told the other guys I'd rather publish one bomb newsletter ever 5 years than rush. So basically the deadline is how long you need to be satisfied with it :)

Once it's more together an official deadline will be set.

MRT

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2019, 02:47:41 pm »
Perfect  :thumbsup:

Onyx

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2019, 04:17:10 pm »
I would like for us to release v.5 sometime next year, but recognize that it can take time to place thoughts and conclusions into words. We also live life beyond the screen, so there is no rush on my part.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 04:18:56 pm by Onyx »

Kapalika

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 04:37:20 am »
Ya, I was gonna say, mine was 6k words and doing it right on the heel of moving was something I wish I could of always of done differently. It did touch on a lot, but I'd really recommend people stick around 1k to 2k words. That's roughly what's ideal for articles and what I stick to in most of my writings.

Other than the 1k-2k benchmark, I'd also recommend writing up the first draft with plenty of time, sitting on it a while, then coming back maybe say 2 or 3 days later. I also recommend a citations where you can get them if like me, you did some research for it as well. But don't also be like me and forget what page something is on in a book and not give the pages and can't figure it out last minute. Keeping notes is good for this.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

MRT

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 08:31:16 am »
i just hope i can FINALLY decide which article i'm gonna do XD
Many many ideas but i just can't choose  :facepalm:

Jezefel

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2019, 09:07:50 am »
So if we wanted to write an article, would we submit it here once finished?

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2019, 12:57:31 pm »
If you write an article pm any of the mods and we'll get it all formatted and such for the newsletter

Jezefel

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2019, 11:04:21 pm »
Alrighty, will do.