Author Topic: My Experience with a Lam-like Entity.  (Read 105 times)

Olive

My Experience with a Lam-like Entity.
« on: October 03, 2018, 01:56:35 pm »
So, It's taken me a while to digest this experience and follow up on some of the many things that came out of it. As far as I know, I have never yet mentioned this encounter on the forum except in oblique reference. To be clear, I still have never read any of Crowley's experiences with it - so I can't say if there is any similarity between the two other than a half-resemblance. (If any of you have read up on the subject, please share any noteworthy similarities or differences you notice.)

Several months ago, I was in Satsang with one of my students (I've taught no more than 3 people in person so far; only one of them is still actively pursuing greater knowledge and ability). I gave a short discourse on some basic principles of sanctification, and then conducted a simple rite. Afterwards, we began a meditation session together.

Quite a while on, I had entered a profound state of concentration and restful awareness - when suddenly a light broke into that sacred temple. I saw standing before me a being in simple red robes. His form shimmered in the vision of my second-sight in a curious way that I could not quite grasp. The body was humanoid, covered almost entirely by that scarlet cloth - but the face peered at me from under the hood. When I saw the face it was as if I was looking at it from up close, though he remained a fair distance away. Because of this, I could see his visage in great detail. I saw a small, neotenic face with no healthy color in it whatsoever. The skin was an unforgiving slate grey, almost stonelike. I realized that it wasn't really skin, as I saw the subtle impression of overlaying scales. Most striking of all were the eyes. There four of them: two on top of each other on each side of the face, all four with a diagonal orientation. The eyes were the most remarkable hue of pink I have yet perceived. Yes, pink. Bright pink, fully and without deviation. There was no pupil or sclera, the entire eye was that piercing color wearing the glisten of false moisture.

I said nothing.

The entity raised its two arms and brought the hands in front of where a human heart would be, about a foot inbetween them. There in his hands a shape began manifesting. It was a two dimensional star written in lines of blinding light, though there was no impediment to viewing it. I was extremely interested by this, and I tried to count how many points there were on the outside of the object. There were seven points, no - eight. Now seven, now eight, now seven... and perhaps more. The created figure was shifting in a mind-boggling way. I could see the general shape of of it at once, but when I observed the details it began moving in that unearthly way. It befuddled my second sight. Normally, when I perceive objects in (let's just call it) the Astral plane, they at once reveal themselves to me in full. This is what I've referred to as 'True-sight' here before. It is also present in dreams if you are sufficiently lucid. When I see an object in that space, there is no need to deeply observe it and look it over for details. Everything it is, is immediately revealed in a direct way. Even if there is some particularly strange or noteworthy characteristic somewhere on it, that too is contained at once in the direct perception of the idea behind the manifested form. An example I've used before involves seeing a man with a totally blank face in a dream, and at once knowing that in the context of the dream, he represents your father. There are many other examples of this type of phenomenon, but that's not the point of this post.

The interesting thing, was that the shape - and perhaps the entity itself, refused to reveal itself at once to my spiritual perception. Was it hiding itself behind a glamour, of sorts? Or was it simply unable to reveal itself fully in that provisional space of meeting? I began to open my mouth to speak (not the physical one, I was far from my body at that point) but at once he let the mystical star projection cease and lifted one hand. I had the sense that he had placed one finger over his mouth, but I was unsure if this had actually happened. What I was sure of, was that the same message was delivered. No, it meant. Not that way. Not here. It's difficult to explain, but I knew at once that this was what was meant. We were in a sacred place, too holy for words - even those that are spoken in the mind.

I stared into its eyes for a long moment, becoming aware that a more fundamental level of communication was taking place between this being and my inner spirit. I have no words for it, but I felt it deeply. I was being taught. There was much more happening here that would continue to unfold for me over time.

I started to waking consciousness, seeing that my friend and student had fallen into a deep sleep. So deep in fact, that I was entirely unable to wake him up - so I left at once without the opportunity to say goodbye. We had been doing meditation together for some time, so this struck me as extremely odd. How had he fallen in the beginner's trap and lost himself again, after all our efforts? I drove in silence to my home, puzzling all the way about the experience. I remember thinking that he had looked somewhat like a grey alien, but with less exaggerated features, and he was very tall rather than diminutive. His scales and those unforgettable rows of eyes and his strange clothing, the star he had showed me. All this set it far apart from the experiences with greys or even reptillians I had heard of before.

I have experienced many incredible things in my practice, some much more powerful than what happened here. But it remains a unique experience that has stayed with me. The entity appeared to me again much later while I was in the midst of a beautiful visionary experience. By that time, I had mastered much of star lore. The different kinds of seven pointed star and the eight pointed star were now to me as natural to draw as the pentagram. I had already seen and done so much in this vision that I was confident, perhaps even a little bold. This time I was the one to manifest a shape before me. It was a heptagram with a blessed image of the moon contained within that I had worked up and charged as a personal symbol. This projection, was something like a demonstration of my progress so far. It was impossible to tell if he was pleased, or just indifferent. And then I was gone, moving on through different parts of the vision-space.

This second experience was not, I think, a direct encounter as the first one seemed to be. It's more likely that I was exploring the depths of my spirit in this state; I came across the part of myself that contained the unspoken teaching I received the first time. If so, I may be able to reach him again - if not make him move.

---

So, there are a couple of other things I could mention where this experience came back to me, but I think this is enough for a starting point. Any thoughts on what happened here? Is this anything like what crowley recorded with LAM? It may be totally different but the resemblance is sort of uncanny to me. Every time I see this drawing I remember the being's face, even though it was different in significant ways.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:40:41 pm by Olive »
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Olive

Re: My Experience with a Lam-like Entity.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 03:45:51 pm »
Fixed a couple of typos and annoying repetition of words.

Members this might possibly interest: @NEMO 93, @LoveCube, @pi_rameses

Oblique reference:

I went on a road trip today to visit a Buddhist priory. I met a monk of 40+ years there. He was quite friendly and generously taught me several things in the time we had. The order was supposedly Zen, but I was surprised to find that they don't make use of Koans at all and don't teach anything about the Patriarchs.

It was also rather unlike Zen in that the monk was not especially communicative of secret things. I asked him about an encounter with an entity I had during meditation a few months ago that was quite extraordinary. He told me that it was possible to act with compassion towards such beings and to offer them charity, but he wouldn't or couldn't give me any advice on how to go about that.

There was certainly a lot of wisdom in him, I felt like his presence was far more instructive than anything he said. I noticed that his astral body was extremely subtle - only detectable when slight disturbances rippled through him. I wish I could know what he detected in me - but monks don't give anything away!

This conversation about compassion to immaterial beings with the monk was brought on by me telling him about this experience in private. I didn't go into all the details, because I was unwilling to be self-indulgent in his presence. (From the "What are you doing right now?" thread)
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley