Author Topic: Dr. Aquinos thoughts of WM Puzzles me a bit.  (Read 1442 times)

Sutekh

Dr. Aquinos thoughts of WM Puzzles me a bit.
« on: September 17, 2018, 06:48:57 am »
Tonight I was reading through Dr. Aquinos new Satanic Bible. It kinda puzzled me however when he mentions WM being used to control or influence the masses. Here is what I mean, "Its power derives rather from what it gets people to believe and do when it is used as a psychological individual- or mass-control device. Thus, for instance, any sort of advertising or propaganda is an application of WM, though neither users nor targets may [and probably wouldn't] employ that term."

I just feel that this point of view of WM confuses it with other view of LBM. Do any of you have this same feeling on this?

Little Beast

Re: Dr. Aquinos thoughts of WM Puzzles me a bit.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 06:58:02 am »
Forgive my ignorance. What is WM? "White Magic"? I know LBM as Lesser Black Magic, but kind of get confused as to the LaVeyan and Setian definitions. It has been many years since I've read the Satanic Bible and I seem to recall the CoS definition was just "magic is magic"?
I'll be a thorn in your side,
'Til you die
I'll be a thorn in your side
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

W_Adam_Smythe

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 07:10:23 am »
Tonight I was reading through Dr. Aquinos new Satanic Bible. It kinda puzzled me however when he mentions WM being used to control or influence the masses. Here is what I mean, "Its power derives rather from what it gets people to believe and do when it is used as a psychological individual- or mass-control device. Thus, for instance, any sort of advertising or propaganda is an application of WM, though neither users nor targets may [and probably wouldn't] employ that term."

I just feel that this point of view of WM confuses it with other view of LBM. Do any of you have this same feeling on this?

What page/s are you referring to?

I'll look them over and give you my thoughts. I am nearly half done with it as I have multiple projects going on and my reading time is also divided.

Onyx

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 08:49:16 am »
It's on page 213.

I think the point is that WM is non-effective when done on a personal level, and only effective when used to basically brainwash others. This is why he mentions advertising and propaganda.

LBM on the other hand is more direct and "surgical" in nature, the goal being to cause change in a particular situation. Or more precisely, a change in the collective SU of the people involved.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 08:57:08 am by Onyx »

Little Beast

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 09:56:53 am »
I'm wondering if my question was unclear, or whether I should phrase everything in internet hipster abbreviations. WTF is WM LMAO ZOMG? If it's "if you have to ask you'll never know" I'm completely fine with that, but to be so openly dismissive of a question defeats the purpose of a forum in the public domain.

I jest, and am merely being facetious. For anyone who's unaware CoS is an acronym for Church of Satan. My question still remains however.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:22:14 am by Little Beast »
'Til you die
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

Onyx

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 11:45:03 am »
White Magic.

Little Beast

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 12:10:24 pm »
The original post does then suggest a very true premise. Not to delve into mundane politics, but the "happy happy joy joy" of the original Disney films was certainly mind control. Old Walter was most definitely a Nazi. Sounds like white magic to me.

MEANWHILE:

If you're into duality: magic that is sympathetic or "white" can most certainly be used to influence others, thus used manipulatively. It's far more influential to put a little bit of energy into many others and thus have more energy to feed off when your puppets own source grows (nurture).

I use red magic so I really can't understand what fundamentalists are on about.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:29:52 pm by Little Beast »
'Til you die
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

Onyx

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 12:46:59 pm »
Terms get confusing sometimes. It's funny that in the Satanic Bible Anton LaVey says:

There is no difference between “White” and “Black” magic, except in the smug hypocrisy...

In the Satanic Church we draw no dividing line between white or black magic. Magic is magic, be it used to help or hinder. You the magician should have the ability to decide what is just and then apply the powers of magic to attain your goals.

Yet from Michael Aquino's 1972 introduction:

He turned to the pipe organ as a means of living and devoted the greater part of his efforts to what was to become his life’s work—Black Magic.

LaVey’s disturbing theories and bizarre operations of ceremonial Black Magic eventually attracted a following of similarly minded individuals.

The worship of any deity or deities—under any guise whatsoever—is repulsive to the Black Magician...

Burton Wolfe also used the term "Black Magic" in both of his introductions:

...and they carried on their black magic openly instead of underground.

It has been clear from the first edition that many people want to read this book to learn how to start Satanic groups and ritualize black magic.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:49:21 pm by Onyx »

Little Beast

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 12:56:51 pm »
Terms get confusing sometimes.

Only for those who want to be the leaders of sheep. It's one of the reasons I respect Dr Aquino so much. The man has stood strong as saying the truth of the original CoS was theistic, despite all the humanist opposition.

He has all the documentation, and still these atheists try and prove otherwise. Good joke. Party time when someone bothers raising Ayn Rand from the grave. If anyone heard what her ghost would say everyone would ignore LaVey. I guess it would be ironic if a ridiculously Disneyfied McSatanism ever got exposed as humanists in gothic drag. [REDACTED]

It would be nice to read Aquino's final take on that whole messy business.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:21:14 pm by Little Beast »
'Til you die
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

Onyx

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 01:25:26 pm »
From The Church of Satan:

Any notion that the Church of Satan was internally an atheistic institution prior to 1975 is laughable to anyone who was involved with it beyond the most superficial level. It was the Church of Satan, not a cabaret or expressionist encounter group. Anton LaVey knew this, I knew it, the Priesthood of Mendes knew it, and any Satanist holding at least the II° knew it. Publicly the Church put out the “atheism with psychodrama” line so that it wouldn’t scare society beyond tolerance-level. After 1975 Anton LaVey merely slipped smoothly into this image, which was all that he could do in light of his betrayal of the Prince of Darkness.

By the way, can you explain "Red Magic", perhaps on the Gnostic Satanism board? I see different definitions of the term.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:27:12 pm by Onyx »

Little Beast

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 02:03:30 pm »
I'll give a hint here for now. The Dreaming in my land runs deep. The mythology of the Austral (Southern) places the Dreamtime higher in importance than "Northern" mythos. The "Rainbow Serpent" is our blood, symbolic of the land itself and all the "colours" within it. Indigenous mythology doesn't separate the people from the land (they are the one and the same) thus various Gnostic groups here understand the imported dualism of other cultures and religions and their false dichotomy (good and bad/white and black).

Appropriately, we say the blood of all people runs red. I'm sure you will find a reference point in the GS subsection already. While we're talking about colour, "yellow magic" here is an ancient descriptor of nuclear power (radioactive rocks). Something that was known about a few thousand years before the Manhattan Project.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:05:05 pm by Little Beast »
'Til you die
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

Sutekh

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 04:21:02 pm »
@W_Adam_Smythe Pg 213, I felt like posting this again even though Onyx may had already posted this. I figured that it might be easier for you to find the info right here instead of scrolling back up.

Beleren777

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 04:01:40 am »

If I were to manipulate you for my purposes, that is LBM. You can see the individuality of will in that statement. I believe the difference you are looking for is that individuality. Mass control as he is saying seems more WM because it is trying to convince people to become part of a group, to comply, to conform.

If you have the Black Magic essay or the Temple of Set book, look at the section titled "The Natural Approach to the Objective Universe".

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 04:17:31 pm »
Bump