Author Topic: On Summoning the Demonic  (Read 156 times)

Etu Malku

On Summoning the Demonic
« on: September 21, 2018, 10:17:17 am »
To all these 'wizards' who fall out of bed and accidentally conjure Amdusias, or mutter a few spooky words and poof there's Alloces sitting high upon his steed! I personally do not buy it and in some ways find it offensive to those of us who take this seriously. A brief talk with someone like Jake Stratton Kent, who is an expert on this stuff, will bring you to your senses as to the monumental amount of preparation and grueling work that is needed to properly instill the specifics of the spirit being conjured into one's psyche, the long arduous repetitive process of ritually dis-inhibiting the temporal lobe (particularly the left temporoparietal junction), and then creating the appropriate platform for which to experience this spirit.

Aleister Crowley, had at the time, a unique view of the Goetic demons. Instead of actual entities, he saw them as aspects of a person’s mind. He believed one could control these aspects through ritual. By commanding a specific demon, one would be able to tap into a part of the subconscious and harness it’s attributes.

Back in the 'old' days (Neolithic to be exact) they drilled holes in your skull to let out the demons, this is called Trepanning. Funny thing they weren't that far off base as the brain's temporal lobe is the location of the keyhole or entry point to the release of "referenced material" from other sections of the brain. This reference material comes in the form of "psychic" or "spiritual" phenomena, out-of-body and near-death experiences, alien abductions, past lives experiences, one's earlier repressed traumatic memories and the mystical or God experience . . . and seeing demons/angels.

Demonic "presences" are not surprising and in no way negatively reflects on the person having the experience. It is a normal and natural happening to a dis-inhibited temporal lobe, some institutionalized temporal lobe psychotics have daily communications with spiritual entities. Though, it is suggested that if you are experiencing these psycho-pathological disturbances in your normal everyday life, you might consider a psychiatric evaluation.

But, if we are purposely dis-inhibiting the temporal lobe, for instance during ritual work, then we may expect to experience an occasional visitor or two in our ritual chamber. Fortunately (or maybe, unfortunately) they can never materialize into the objective universe. If anyone has proof of physical manifestation I'm sure the entire world would be interested and you would stand to become not only the first person to evidence this but filthy rich . . . what are you waiting for?

When Swiss scientists electrically stimulated an epileptic patient’s brain, things got really spooky. The patient reported a shadow person sitting behind her, copying her every move. When she sat up, it also sat up. When she bent forward and grabbed her knees, it reached around her body and held her. The doctors then told her to read a card, but the shadow person tried to take it out of her hand. What happened was the scientists had stimulated the left temporoparietal junction, the part of the brain that defines the idea of self. By interfering with the area that helps us tell the difference between ourselves and others, the doctors screwed up the brain’s ability to understand its own body, thus leading to the creation of a copycat shadow person. Researchers are hoping this is the key to understanding why so many people, both schizophrenic and healthy, encounter shadow beings and other creatures like aliens.

Boo

IAMTHATIAMNOT

Liu

Re: On Summoning the Demonic
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 02:54:22 pm »
Thanks for posting, that was an interesting read.

About those neolithic skull-holes, I heard of them before, but I didn't think there was a definite explanation to it?

To all these 'wizards' who fall out of bed and accidentally conjure Amdusias, or mutter a few spooky words and poof there's Alloces sitting high upon his steed! I personally do not buy it and in some ways find it offensive to those of us who take this seriously.
I would assume the explanation for this can be found in your own post: If perceptions like that are caused by problems with the temporal lobe, then these people likely have those, at least in a less severe form that they have some amount of control of.

I am a bit on the fence regarding whether perceptions like these are completely psychological or also manifestations of something spiritual. I tend to be quite skeptic of anything paranormal, and I have yet to see any definite proof, all I know of is lots of anecdotal evidence, for which however other explanations can be found, and be it mere chance:
- people whose visitors were also perceived by random other people that happened to come in
- spirits moving stuff
- several people independent of each other channeling the same information about a spirit
- spirits telling people stuff that the people couldn't know on their own and that turns out to be true

I know that some people try and do some scientific research in that area that looks promising (albeit normally rather about psychic abilities than about spirits). But I guess I can only be fully convinced of it if one of the things mentioned happens to me (and better more than once) without other explanations seeming too likely.