Author Topic: An observation of people who follow the LHP  (Read 586 times)

Deidre

An observation of people who follow the LHP
« on: August 23, 2018, 01:55:30 am »
You're more rational than other religious folk. lol Seriously, I've been around religious people all of my life...my parents are Catholic (they're not rational, no offense to Catholics),  and a variety of others, and it would seem that those who follow the LHP seem grounded. Seem...to understand themselves.

Seem to accept their own darkness, and not fight against it, but embrace it. For in it, we find ourselves...we find the light. We are all battling something, and in many religions, there is this idea that we should just give it all to God. While I believe that, I believe that God wants me to sort things out, he wants me to forgive others, forgive myself, and come to him yes, but understand thy self.

I just wanted to share this. Of course, there are exceptions. But, just as a general observation, especially on this site, y'all aren't afraid of being your true selves, darkness and all.
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

Mindmaster

Re: An observation of people who follow the LHP
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 03:48:10 am »
You're getting the LHP entirely...

The others are simply running in fear from everything including themselves. They participate in a religion because of a fear of eternal damnation, do not question the rules for that same reason, and then feel guilty when their basic human nature pulls them away. No one is happy living in fear or guilt... If you find a way to coexist in those beliefs without taking those negative elements, then you're probably heading the right direction. Some of us are just "dark" in nature and not merely rebelling like some teenage edge lord. (Hey, it was just a phase! :D)

But, define "God"... I hate to ask, but it's such a nebulous word that unless you're taking about a specific belief system it can mean a lot of things. Just trying to understand you here really... I mean, you explain what you feel "God" would want... I'm just picking your brain for a conversation, ignore if it's too personal or whatever.

pi_rameses

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 12:07:36 pm »
You've said it @Mindmaster.

I went on the LHP because I found it reasonable. I acknowledged it as a viable path. In many myths spanning myriad cultures, Chaoskampf describes the struggle of a hero against some dragon of delusion to overcome their base Self.

Certainly, gods are involved in helping said hero but completing that Great Work falls squarely on the hero's shoulders. I fully Grant gods such as these that aid you and not entirely shield you from the world. In Jungian psychology, the hero is you and the dragon is your shadow.

Despite the perils on the LHP, there is also a danger associated with repressing your shadow as most on the RHP do instead of confronting it and embracing it into a integral new Self. You have only to look in the current news for examples like the whole Catholic priest pedophilia. These were things of which Satanists were accused a few decades ago.
"Some say Kos, others Kosm.
As you did for the vacuous Rom,
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

-Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

Deidre

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 01:26:39 am »
You're getting the LHP entirely...

The others are simply running in fear from everything including themselves. They participate in a religion because of a fear of eternal damnation, do not question the rules for that same reason, and then feel guilty when their basic human nature pulls them away. No one is happy living in fear or guilt... If you find a way to coexist in those beliefs without taking those negative elements, then you're probably heading the right direction. Some of us are just "dark" in nature and not merely rebelling like some teenage edge lord. (Hey, it was just a phase! :D)

But, define "God"... I hate to ask, but it's such a nebulous word that unless you're taking about a specific belief system it can mean a lot of things. Just trying to understand you here really... I mean, you explain what you feel "God" would want... I'm just picking your brain for a conversation, ignore if it's too personal or whatever.

Hmm, God to me comes from probably my monotheist roots, if I'm honest. But, that's just me. After separating from religion and just following my heart, my mind...where it leads me...I feel personally like one God exists, and he cares about us. He is all powerful. But, this isn't to say I would dismiss anyone's views on what they feel...I share my faith, and I think that where I'm at now, I have a peace about it all.

But, I hear you. It's subjective what we all believe.
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black