Author Topic: Xeper and Remanifest-words of the Aeons  (Read 346 times)

NEMO 93

Xeper and Remanifest-words of the Aeons
« on: August 14, 2018, 09:24:39 pm »
I was going over the later heads on Michael Kelly's various Apophis works which is the angle I most appreciate Setianism from. I suppose one could argue if it's a separate tradition or not but Kelly studied in Temple of Set and he uses it's language a lot.

He mentions how some words that Magus utters are refinements of an Aeon.

Michael Aquino uttered Xeper or Xepera Xeper Xeperu. I have come into being and by my coming into being the way of coming into being is established.

James Lewis uttered Remanifest which modified the Aeon's formula to Xeper and Remanifest. Remanifest is the realization that an adept is always remanifesting and coming into being, any thing that is being undone is just allowing remanifesting and xeper. This helps the adept to become unbreakable.

I really love this as it helps me put into perspective and words the realizations I've had on my own in a way that makes sense. Kelly describes understanding Remanifestation as seperating the personality from the Self. Whenever I mention crossing the abyss or ego death, I'm referring to the death of the personality- whch in my own personal work I used to remanifest a stronger personality more suited to current needs.

Stephen Flowers/Edred Thorson uttered Reyn til Runa, or seek after the mysteries. I'm not sure if this is it's own Aeon or an addition to the formula of the Setian Aeon.

Michal Kellys word is a formula TINAMIWYAN, or There Is Never A Moment In Which You Are Not, and is an evolution of the Remanifest word, and therefore the Xeper and Remanifest formula, much inspired by Reyn Til Runa as it explores several mysteries of time and space that are made possible by a realization of Remanifestation. He also borrows from Kenneth Grant's concept of the Wordless Aeon to declare himself an anti-magus who offered an anti-word and therefore declared a Wordless Aeon.

This refinement of an Aeon makes me wonder if it's possible to live in more than one Aeon. For example someone who's beginning a LHP may still have their Subconcious in the Osiran Aeon until they break them. There's alternative Aeonic theories, that are more historically accurate than Crowley's views in chaos magic. If we break down Thelema free of it's dogma to Crowley's formula "Do what thou Wilt shall be the whole of the Law, Love is the Law, Love under Will" one could argue that Will always triumphs even over love in decisions and that a love for the current universe is qute satanic making it compatible with LHP philosophies such as the Typhonian Aeon of Ma'at culminating in a Aeon of Horus-Ma'at in the meanwhile for certain individuals. Theoritically, if we break down Aeons into their formula, any could be possible- Satan-Set, Set-Ma'at, Set-Apophis, and so on. I wonder what the risk would be in combining more than 2 Aeons. I've specicially seen Horus-Ma'at referenced in Grant Morrison's Invisibles and Heru-Set referenced by the Egyptians but would it be possible to combine more? Without Danger? I would say Kelly's Apophis works by their very system is a Set-Apophis paradigm and one could not exist wihtout the other in the paradigm. Typhonian is similar to Draconian for obvious reasons but quite difference, would Heru-Set-Ma'at-Apophis be possible?  And that's without thinking about the more historically accurate aeons such as animalism>shamanism>paganism>monotheism>atheism>magick(?).

From the chaos magic perspective, any paradigm can hold a ton of weight and support various practicies- but the question in combinging Aeons for a paradigm is how far until that paradigm snaps or causes trouble? In addition, how does one differ a Word of a Magus that refines an Aeon from one that creates it's own Aeon? All of the words I've mentioned, other than Remanifest, could have valid arguments for refinements or their own systems.

pi_rameses

Re: Xeper and Remanifest-words of the Aeons
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 09:33:12 am »
Very interesting thoughts. i studied chemistry but I'd say that I'm more into Alchemy nowadays. The illustrative passage from Crowley struck me as especially interesting so I thought I'd address it:

Hydrogen has no love for Hydrogen; it is not the nature, or the 'true Will' of Hydrogen to seek to
unite with a molecule of its own kind. Add Hydrogen to Hydrogen: nothing happens to its quality:
 it is only its quantity that changes. It rather seeks to enlarge its experience of its possibilities by
union with atoms of opposite character, such as Oxygen; with this it combines (with an explosion
of light, heat, and sound) to form water. The result is entirely different from either of the
component elements, and has another kind of 'true Will', such as to unite (with similar
disengagement of light and heat) with Potassium,

It is true that hydrogen can combine with itself. There are at least seven naturally occurring diatoms - none of which change by quality but only quantity (their atomic masses double and are more stable). The diatoms include hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, fluorine, etc.

Even still, hydrogen would much prefer to bind to oxygen to form water. This preference or love under will, the scientific community has given it the term electronegativity. In general, elements that are furthest to the right and furthest down are more electronegative except for the noble gases and fluorine. It can also be described in terms of electron affinity.

From the Periodic Table of Elements, it can be seen that oxygen is more to the right and further down than hydrogen. Furthermore, it wants to be stable like noble gases and requires two more electrons. This is the octet rule, which you can think of as an octave. This can be done with one or two hydrogen atoms. One hydrogen atoms leaves the entire molecule as negatively charged (OH-).

Both the hydrogen and the oxygen tug at each other for those electrons but neither are extremely electronegative as to wrench it all away as is done in ionic bonds so they form something moderate called covalent bonds. Even better, the more electronegative oxygen can take on two hydrogens at once. And when it does, the molecule formed has a neutral charge. The same is true for both hydrogens as a corollary. So H20 is preferable to OH- as the True Will..

All of this is merely to expand on that line in that Crowley was right and expressed his views more charismatically than drudged scientists.

PS.
Potassium and every element in the same family or column on the Periodic Table besides hydrogen are very hygroscopic, meaning that they react violently with water. Lots of heat, light and energy is produced.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 09:40:37 am by pi_rameses »
"Some say Kos, others Kosm.
As you did for the vacuous Rom,
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

-Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

Onyx

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 02:11:49 pm »
I'm not really familiar with Michael Kelly's work. But I think the concepts of Xeper/Remanifestation are fundamental concepts however one chooses to slice or dice them.

I've spoken to one person who suggested that the Aeon of Ma'at permeates all others. My interpretation of that is in the sense of having balance and order in one's journey on the LHP, which can be rather experimental or even chaotic at times. Like how the Pentagram resting on a single point represents balance, there is a little Ma'at in that symbolism.

So Aeons do seem to overlap some, but I prefer to view this phenomena (and Aeon-Enhancing Words) from the perspective of the Aeon of Set. Crowley sorted out the Aeon's this way, as I understand it (please offer advice here, I'm no Crowley expert):

Aeon of Isis - Materialism over Spiritualism (animalistic life)
Aeon of Osiris - Spiritualism over Materialism (sacrifice and death)
Aeon of Horus - True-Will balanced with Love (a bit of a conflation of LHP/RHP?)

Others are:

Aeon of Ma'at - Balance, Justice
Aeon of Set - Xeper, self-initiation into Becoming

This may reach into a realm of absurdity, but like the Aeon of Ma'at one might consider an "Aeon of Runa" as another that permeates all others, as throughout history people have sought mysteries. I suppose it boils down to whether one adopts the concept of a ~2000 year timeline, or sees Aeons more in terms of useful mental constructs.

I'm not sure how to sort all of this out though, we need @Xepera maSet to make one of his diagrams. 8)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:13:23 pm by Onyx »

Olive

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 02:12:52 pm »
So, is there any word on if my original post can be recovered, Onyx? I'm not sure if NEMO ever saw it. If it's not possible, I'll perform surgery on it later to roughly restore it.
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Onyx

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 02:17:58 pm »
I'll check the backups I get right now, thank you.

Edit: this is taking longer than expected and I have to go to work. I left all the windows open and will try to get to it sometime later today.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:48:33 pm by Onyx »

pi_rameses

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 10:44:42 pm »
@Onyx I'm available over the weekend too if you need some help.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:46:36 pm by pi_rameses »
"Some say Kos, others Kosm.
As you did for the vacuous Rom,
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

-Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

Setamontet

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 07:42:30 pm »
Xeper is an ancient Egyptian verb/noun (pronounced Khefr) written as a stylized scarab beetle, which in English roughly translates as “ To Become” or “ To Evolve” or, “I Have Come Into Being”.  We all have within ourselves our own individual hidden truths of higher being.  The path and quest of Xeper is to uncover and to ultimately become the very embodiment and most complete and supreme manifestation of these truths.

“Xeper is the experience of an individual psyche becoming aware of its own existence and deciding to expand and evolve that existence through its own actions.”  It is a dynamic spiritual transformation in one’s life in which the horizons of the potentiality of one’s own being expands.  It is the establishment of a new higher mode or state of existence.  Xeper, like in Alchemy, is the transformation of the soul or psyche from a lower state or base element into that of a higher state or divine element. 

Xeper happens.  For instance, Xeper happened to me on that day when I first truly heard that piece of music which would inspire me to devote the next eight + years of my life learning music theory and piano technique.  Xeper happened to me on that night when I first invoked the Name of Set in a Working of Greater Black Magic and Came Into Being as a Setian.  In those moments of dynamic spiritual transformation, major paradigms in my life were shifted and I was changed forever.  Xeper is that which transformed humans from what we were 2 million years ago into that which we are today, and which will continue to transform us into other forms.  Hence, it occurs on both a macrocosmic (racial) and a microcosmic (individual) level.  Xeper continues to occur through the Remanifestation of these transformations of being.

Remanifestation, an Aeon Enhancing Word, is another essential principle of the Aeon of Set and the path of Xeper.  It is what we do after Xeper happens, after a higher state of existence has become established.  It is the renewal and rebirth of the self through deliberate use of all that has been previously in order to bring about one who Comes Into Being as a new more fully faceted Being. 

It is through the continual exercise and application of the knowledge, powers, and abilities which we have attained thus far, to our continuing work, which enables us to uncover even deeper mysteries, develop stronger more refined abilities, and to establish new higher states of existence.  Without Remanifestation, Xeper would only be a single event happening.  Xeper and Remanifestation, in essence, is the food for the soul; we Come Into Being and continually feed and nurture that Being through the exercise of the re-energized Black Flame.  This is the process of psychecentric evolution.

The Black Magical Formulae of the Aeon of Set is Xepera - Xeper - Xeperu = "I Have Come Into Being And By The Process Of Remanifestation I Have Become The Creator Of That Which Has Come Into Being".

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 01:30:54 pm by Setamontet »

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

Etu Malku

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 10:35:18 pm »
“Kheper-i kheper kheperu kheper-kuy n kheperu m khepra kheperu m sep tepy.”
I Became and the Becoming became. I Became by becoming the form of Khepra,
god of transformations, who came into being in the First Time
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:36:51 pm by Etu Malku »
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Beleren777

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 05:01:51 pm »

Stephen Flowers/Edred Thorson uttered Reyn til Runa, or seek after the mysteries. I'm not sure if this is it's own Aeon or an addition to the formula of the Setian Aeon.

I don't believe Runa replaces Xeper as an Aeon.

Quote from: Stephen Flowers, Temple of Set, Appendix 89

Runa, therefore, is obviously an Aeon-enhancing Word rather than one intended to usher in a new aeon.

Etu Malku

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 10:29:53 pm »
Ryn Til Runa does not usher in a new Aeon, or an Aeon of any sort. Like the other words uttered into existence by ToS Magi it is a 'new factor' introduced and set into a dynamic motion.
IAMTHATIAMNOT