Author Topic: On Man's Carnality and its Deception  (Read 83 times)

Etu Malku

On Man's Carnality and its Deception
« on: January 06, 2019, 12:12:16 am »
I find there is one related aspect found among every species, the aspect of survival. However, nature a.k.a. the objective universe is hard at work from the moment of our biological inception looking for ways to destroy us. I find the objective universe to be our nemesis, we all do things to attempt to thwart this force of entropy like diet, exercise, meta mind exercises, etc.

Objective reality is universally accepted by many faiths and philosophies as an illusion, and nowhere is this illusion stronger than in Perennial Philosophy, the philosophy that that all the world's 'RHP' religions share a single, universal doctrine. This doctrine posits that the highest good that human life can achieve is through the union with a Supreme Being / Energy of the Universe. The way in which this is achieved is through the deception of one's conscious awareness into believing that one has been accepted by this Supreme Being / Energy otherwise known as the objective universe.

The Western LHP does not take this stance, the objective universe is seen as it plainly is, a non-conscious, unintelligent memetic mechanism composed of Time, Space & Matter. To absolve one's self into this is antithetic to the Western LHP goals of individuation and autotheism.

To become More than Animal, more than Human is our goal . . .
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Xepera maSet

• Xepera maSet utcha ahAsartchet
  • Administrator
  • Mephistopheles of the Southern Deserts
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
Re: On Man's Carnality and its Deception
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 12:32:58 am »
I agree with all but one thing. Time is actually part of the subjective universe, it is a perception. Specifically it is the perception of things occuring in 3-Dimensional space. That times exists for us shows that we are, at least to some extent, separate from the 3D-reality / OU.

Working overtime to uncover
the mysteries of existence
(as described by Onyx)

I have come into being like Set,
the Separator who contends against Osiris for Eternity.

Etu Malku

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 12:40:44 am »
I agree with all but one thing. Time is actually part of the subjective universe, it is a perception. Specifically it is the perception of things occuring in 3-Dimensional space. That times exists for us shows that we are, at least to some extent, separate from the 3D-reality / OU.
Excellent point . . . I have to agree with you!
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Olive

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 10:58:19 pm »

How can something “occur” within 3D space unless a temporal dimension is fundamental to it? I could see an argument for time being subjective if we consider that the OU is actually four-dimensional and already “completed” so to speak from start to finish. Then we could say that time is the subjective perception which plays each 3D slice of the whole in sequence. Like a needle sliding down the ridges of a record. But this seems to have certain philosophical consequences - like Fatalism, for instance.

I understand the argument that time is a perception, inasmuch as matter and space are also perceptions. Are you saying that the OU has a separate existence of space and matter, but that time is not a part of it?
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Mindmaster

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 06:58:48 am »

I agree with your comment, but you mean 4 Dimensional Space. :D

Anyway, there is no way to separate our perceptions from "reality", in essence the entire puzzle of philosophy and science in general.

But, I was thinking along these lines and realized that we really have no way to ascertain that other creatures even experience time as we do -- or that even other humans experience it the same way we do. Obviously, you can take this notion to some infinite space of confusion, but it remains perplexing to say the least. Our biology portents to some base level agreement on these matters of dimension, time, and form, but all we may be agreeing with is the consistency of our own anecdotal experiences in the end. :D