Author Topic: New Pentagram  (Read 1356 times)

Onyx

New Pentagram
« on: May 29, 2017, 05:06:07 pm »
Working on a new Pentagram, with a raised design and sharper points.

Setamontet

Re: New Pentagram
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 03:31:32 pm »
Dear Onyx, awesome craftsmanship!  Do you plan to make the angles of the inner engraved pentagon and five trihedrals sharper? Then it would be perfect.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 03:55:31 pm by Setamontet »

"From the Ninth Angle is the flame of the beginning and ending of dimensions,
which blazeth in brilliance and darkness unto the glory of desire." - Michael Aquino

Onyx

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 03:57:17 pm »
The curved edges are a side-effect of the 1/4" round cutting bit, going to clean those up with a razor blade before painting.

Sutekh

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 01:13:54 am »
Interesting and nice design. Originally I used the Samael and Lilith Pentagram for my workings in general. However I enjoy using the Pentagram of Set more due to the fact that I enjoy gazing upon plain symbols without letterings and other newly strange designs within it. The Pentagram of Set in general has been a meaning to me representing the powers of Darkness and the Subjective Universe.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Setamontet

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 01:28:48 pm »
How's it going with the new pentagram?  Btw, what material is it made of?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 01:30:26 pm by Setamontet »

which blazeth in brilliance and darkness unto the glory of desire." - Michael Aquino

Onyx

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 02:18:14 pm »
I still need to paint it, probably red (or violet) on FLAT black (learned that the hard way), but kind of want a UV reactive color if possible. This was made from 1" thick house insulation foam like my previous one.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:21:45 pm by Onyx »

Hammerheart

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 06:13:29 pm »
That's really cool, please do share pictures of it once you have it painted, that will look great. I want to work on designing some sort of sigil that combines Satanic and Pagan imagery. For example, a Mjolnir with an inverted Pentagram at the center, and within the Pentagram could be a Sunwheel or possibly an eye. I figured I could use it for ritual.

I have had partial success with a red on black Pentagram found online That said, I think the craftsmanship of creating your own Pentagram can go a long way when it comes to ritual.

Onyx

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 08:00:33 pm »
Thanks, I hope to have it done in a week or two. A personal sigil is a worthwhile pursuit, good luck with your own design. I may make a few more of these and experiment with different paint jobs, my current red/black version has been problematic in some settings.

I failed to mention the bold shape of this Pentagram was inspired by the one @Setamontet made on glass:
http://orderoftheserpent.org/forum/index.php?topic=41.0

Also working on a trapezoidal mirror/shelf, will add a picture when it's complete.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:13:15 pm by Onyx »

FraterNought

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 01:36:37 am »
This is superb, congratulations on such fine craftsmanship. 

Is this done with wood and utilizing a router? If not, would you mind expanding on how this piece came to fruition? 

Setamontet

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 12:48:55 pm »
Thanks, I hope to have it done in a week or two. A personal sigil is a worthwhile pursuit, good luck with your own design. I may make a few more of these and experiment with different paint jobs, my current red/black version has been problematic in some settings.

I failed to mention the bold shape of this Pentagram was inspired by the one @Setamontet made on glass:
http://orderoftheserpent.org/forum/index.php?topic=41.0

Also working on a trapezoidal mirror/shelf, will add a picture when it's complete.

By Setamontet,

A Pentagram of Set of my own construction. Flat round glass plate, and masking tape to form the pentagram and circle.  Carefully cut out the excess tape with sharp cutting tool.  Spray paint back side silver, and front flat black. Let paint dry and use tip of cutting tool to carefully remove masking tape, resulting in below;

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:58:56 pm by Setamontet »