Author Topic: First authorized and official Order of the Serpent pendant  (Read 1838 times)

NatashaSetesh

Re: First authorized and official Order of the Serpent pendant
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2019, 02:15:15 pm »
Oh :( this project. This is on hold, none of the makers have been able to make a high enough quality pendent. One pealed, one looked ghetto as hell, one was literally sideways, and one you couldn't see. Then I bought a house and furniture and an engagement ring and haven't had the money for the project. Started a new job today though so soon!

Haha wasn't expecting the word ghetto in there. Were you trying to make it from surgical or stainless steel? The reason I ask is I think the steel is the best way to go as it does not discolor, looks just like silver, never tarnishes, and it's about half the price of silver (which now costs what gold used to cost) it keeps your investment down and profit up plus lol it's harder to sell stuff like that when it's hundreds , just a thought, and I really hope you stumble on a solution and decide let us know 👻 Thanks for reading and good luck in your endeavors👽Xeper

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-founder | OSM Founder
  • Administrator
  • 𓆣𓏏𓏛𓀺𓏇𓃩 𓐣𓂛𓁵𓆖
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 01:24:31 pm »
You know something I love about this organization? Openness

"That which bends, break it down
That which breaks, burn it down
That which withers, seal its tomb"
- Junius

Km Anu

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 05:54:13 am »
Pendants might be a task, but I can most definitely make us bumper stickers with sticker mule, I've done it for a lot of my old customers. Also, Snaptee is a very easy tool for designing t-shirts. I have a pretty dead store there, and wouldn't mind making another so members have merch to purchase.

When you look into snaptee, you will find it expensive (Like 35 bucks a shirt before shipping, and even more if you want a hoodie) but after comparing with local screenprint costs its about the same, but I live in Alaska and everything is more exspensive here. Really, these are things I have no problem setting up, but I wouldn't want to be the one handling money. Stickermule doesn't distribute by small order, but snaptee does. I'm nearly certain that snaptee pays out 10% to the designer so the shirt sells likely wont net much (Unless we sell a ton, maybe advertise outside of the forum?) but I've ordered from them before, and my customers have never complained about quality.

I know it isn't a pendant, but for many it may be enough.

Hapu

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2019, 07:47:30 pm »
Is there a thread or article somewhere that explains your design for the Order of the Serpent pentagram? I'm sure a lot of thought went into your selection and placement of the five symbols.

Km Anu

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2019, 08:28:37 pm »
Is there a thread or article somewhere that explains your design for the Order of the Serpent pentagram? I'm sure a lot of thought went into your selection and placement of the five symbols.

Is this addressed to me? Is it in reference to my avatar?

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-founder | OSM Founder
  • Administrator
  • 𓆣𓏏𓏛𓀺𓏇𓃩 𓐣𓂛𓁵𓆖
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2019, 08:44:44 pm »

From the statement:

"The insignia of the Order is a pentagram, representing that point of inner-consciousness where the individual Self exists. The pentagram is within a circle representing the physical shell of the Self, but the points of the pentagram do not touch this circle, symbolizing the continued separation between Self and Body. The separation of the metaphysical (pentagram) from the physical (circle) exists because the elements of both are independent and distinct from one another. Stemming from this pentagram are five symbols, from Norse, Sumerian, Egyptian, Chinese, and alchemy. It is meant to represent the diversity of interests within the O.S. We are not simply a Setian, Thelemic, Asatru, Hermetic, Luciferian/Satanic, or any single approach, but a place for such individuals to help each other grow, and help share useful information."

Further, the symbols transliterated is "Draco"

"That which bends, break it down
That which breaks, burn it down
That which withers, seal its tomb"
- Junius

Hapu

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2019, 02:01:44 am »
"The insignia of the Order is a pentagram, representing that point of inner-consciousness where the individual Self exists. The pentagram is within a circle representing the physical shell of the Self, but the points of the pentagram do not touch this circle, symbolizing the continued separation between Self and Body. The separation of the metaphysical (pentagram) from the physical (circle) exists because the elements of both are independent and distinct from one another. Stemming from this pentagram are five symbols, from Norse, Sumerian, Egyptian, Chinese, and alchemy. It is meant to represent the diversity of interests within the O.S. We are not simply a Setian, Thelemic, Asatru, Hermetic, Luciferian/Satanic, or any single approach, but a place for such individuals to help each other grow, and help share useful information."

Further, the symbols transliterated is "Draco"

Thank you.

Norse, Sumerian, Egyptian, Chinese, and alchemy. That's a good cross-section.

I think I would buy merchandise that had that pentagram on it. For some reason I keep seeing it carved into a knife handle.