Author Topic: Making your own incense  (Read 638 times)

Deidre

Making your own incense
« on: July 07, 2018, 05:16:42 am »
I'm going to give this a try, seeing that I recently read up on the meanings and effects of different spices, when mixed together. I might use it with meditation, or maybe another spell. I'll see what moves me.

Just curious if you ever make your own incense, and use it in your own rituals?
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

NEMO 93

Re: Making your own incense
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 08:22:41 am »
I wish I did, I usually buy a specific incense online that's manufactured or a special blend from a trusted Etsy shop.

I think creating one's own blend of incense is a wonderful exercise, however, and probably makes that tool that much more special in rituals.

Mindmaster

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 08:33:42 am »
I'm going to give this a try, seeing that I recently read up on the meanings and effects of different spices, when mixed together. I might use it with meditation, or maybe another spell. I'll see what moves me.

Just curious if you ever make your own incense, and use it in your own rituals?

Not really, but I have a few I like. :D (partial to dragonsblood or jasmine)

Anyway, if you want next level shit find you a mugwort (warning: not safe in houses with newbies, aka mothers carrying babes). But, anyway... Just a plant of this in your vicinity is well, enlightening to say the least. If you're going for effect... You can put dried mugwort on some coals and get ready for some fun. :D

Anyway, look at incense as something to be tailored... You're trying to get an effect so think about what each of things does for you.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 08:36:31 am by Mindmaster »

Deidre

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 03:58:48 am »
Thank you for the responses. I guess I should consider the effect I'm looking for in the ritual and plan that way.
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black