Author Topic: Satanic Creationism  (Read 1288 times)

Sutekh

Satanic Creationism
« on: May 24, 2017, 05:08:17 am »
During the past decade I recalled HammerHeart bringing up this subject on theism. I was more or less deeply atheistic at the time, but I have been going through the conclusion that an unknown entity does exist outside of this Universe who is the Prince of Darkness as a Unified aspect whether it is Satan, Lucifer, or Set in general. Originally it has been quite confusing for me to tackle down life after Death, however I have gone towards the process that when man dies he himself travels to his own subjective Universe in general. What I am curious about is how this Earth came to be and was created? Evolution has always been an understanding but strange theory in general, I don't believe that we likewise evolved from the fish to be our ancestors. I am curious of how many of you regard how us humans came to be and how this whole universe came to be Satanically Speaking. Understanding that the O.S. Is a very individualistic school among the Left Hand Path I would like to hear and seek more understandment of the topic of creationism within the theistic point of view.
"To achieve Xem, the Setian must perceive what he can of Xem, and must Become that
perception. He must incorporate the knowledge, understanding, and lessons of that perception
into the Setian's being. Remanifesting that ennobled state, the Setian will perceive more of
Xem, and will be able to Xeper further towards Xem. It is only through pursuit of this
repeating cycle of perceive / achieve that the initiate will eventually near and reach Xem"- Ruby Tablet of Set

Hammerheart

Re: Satanic Creationism
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:10:17 pm »
I am not a a "creationist" by typical standards. My theory on the origin of existence is complex, and it would be hard to place into words, however, I will say that the gods created existence and existence created the gods. This sort of creates a paradoxical loop, and could explain why existence is temporally indefinite. As far as evolution goes, I am going to say that I agree with the theory as there don't seem to be any logical alternatives. That said, I could potentially disprove it by saying that mutations are usually recessive, making it hard for them to actually have an affect on the gene pool. I am not very educated in genetics, so I will side with evolution as being true.

I have heard from some Satanists that they believe that Yahweh created the cosmos as sort of a prison, and Satan is the liberator who is somehow trying to free the universe from Form. I know little about the the MLO's theology, the this seems pretty in line with their Chaosophy. I used to have beliefs regarding Chaos as a sacred realms of sort, but I've more or less developed a new understanding of this.

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 08:11:23 pm »
Well imo, before this cosmos there was primordial chaos, infinite unactualized potential, existing free of time. This logically implies that inevitably, within timeless all-possibility, an Order would come to fruition and create a cosmos. Hell, maybe millions of different cosmos, I mean even modern physical "science" it's more insane than most ancient myth at this point. Either way we happen to be in one that allowed for consciousness to arise, and thus here we are, a Dr. Manhattan-esque miracle. I love Setian metaphysics so much because it literally makes few to no assumptions, it just describes things as is in the most concise way, and works without much reliance on faith, creationism, purpose, etc. 

pi_rameses

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 07:37:19 pm »
Essentially, I am in agreement with @Xepera maSet as I think the Setian view is parsimonious. I think dualism need not be discarded because there seems to me to be opposition, polarity or somehow balance (or some combination of this) almost everywhere I see. As i mentioned in another forum, the idea of monistic idealism led my thoughts to consciousness and eventually to Thelema, LaVeyan Satanism, Setianism and Xeper.

In relation to the avowed dualism, I would also say that Zoroastrianism and Gnostics were particularly interesting due to their evaluation of Ahriman (or the demiurge for the Gnostics) as evil. Interestingly, early Christians were called heliognostics or "sun-knowers". This makes sense given the context that the Bible may be read as an astro-theological document. Hence, the son of God is really the sun of God.
"Some say Kos, others Kosm.
As you did for the vacuous Rom,
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

-Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

merytseth

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 07:58:53 pm »
Well imo, before this cosmos there was primordial chaos, infinite unactualized potential, existing free of time. This logically implies that inevitably, within timeless all-possibility, an Order would come to fruition and create a cosmos. Hell, maybe millions of different cosmos, I mean even modern physical "science" it's more insane than most ancient myth at this point. Either way we happen to be in one that allowed for consciousness to arise, and thus here we are, a Dr. Manhattan-esque miracle. I love Setian metaphysics so much because it literally makes few to no assumptions, it just describes things as is in the most concise way, and works without much reliance on faith, creationism, purpose, etc.
I would say that it is impossible to say anything truly logical about "before" this cosmos, because even our most robust logical structures break down at that point and fail to mean anything.  It sounds a little like you're describing something like probability currents in QM, which would certainly become quite important and rather chaotic at any "beginning" we can conceive.
I know very, very little about QM, but I can say that according to what is known about this cosmos, and our best logical conclusions as to how it began (either big bang, or inflationary universe, etc), it seems to me quite unlikely that it could occur without something "outside" our objective universe to function as a catalyst.  I think Aristotle described it as the "unmoved mover" which is perfect, indivisible, and represents pure contemplation or active intellect.  That sounds rather Setian to me, but I would have to do a little more reading on several subjects to form a more complete opinion.

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 09:50:58 pm »
I would say that it is impossible to say anything truly logical about "before" this cosmos, because even our most robust logical structures break down at that point and fail to mean anything.  It sounds a little like you're describing something like probability currents in QM, which would certainly become quite important and rather chaotic at any "beginning" we can conceive.
I know very, very little about QM, but I can say that according to what is known about this cosmos, and our best logical conclusions as to how it began (either big bang, or inflationary universe, etc), it seems to me quite unlikely that it could occur without something "outside" our objective universe to function as a catalyst.  I think Aristotle described it as the "unmoved mover" which is perfect, indivisible, and represents pure contemplation or active intellect.  That sounds rather Setian to me, but I would have to do a little more reading on several subjects to form a more complete opinion.
I agree about "before" being a tricky subject here. In my personal view, from our perception there never was a before, the "birth" of chaos would seem to immediately end in creation, and with creation is where time comes in. In this way there is a dualism still, yet both matter and chaos exist "eternally".