Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched  (Read 5110 times)

Xepera maSet

Last Movie You Watched
« on: May 24, 2017, 04:37:49 am »
I just finally watched Gods of Egypt and, dammit, I loved it. Need the Blu-ray for sure. 

CLEARING MY HEAD, WILL LIKELY RETURN

merytseth

Re: Last Movie You Watched
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 01:43:59 pm »
I just finally watched Gods of Egypt and, dammit, I loved it. Need the Blu-ray for sure.
Wow, really?  I only saw the advertisements, and it seemed like a broad-brush Clash of the Titans style action romp.  If it's good, I'm interested.
The last movie I saw was The Bye Bye Man.  A satisfying enough supernatural thriller.

Before that, we saw The Void, which I highly recommend.  Dark, intense, and lots of fun.  Has a Clive Barker-esque feel.

Setamontet

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 02:03:30 pm »
I was disappointed with the Gods of Egypt, I thought they could have done a lot more with the story line.  I give it about a 2 1/2 out of 5 stars.

I recently watched Suicide Squad starring Will Smith, it wasn't too bad.  I give it about a 3 out of 5 stars.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:13:10 pm by Setamontet »

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

Setamontet

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 02:20:30 pm »
I also recently watched again The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  That film is awesome 5 out of 5 stars.  I liked how she got revenge on the guy that raped her!

The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

Xepera maSet

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 03:44:49 pm »
I love Fincher's American version of Dragon Tattoo. I also recently watched Nocturnal Animals again, always awesome. My copy of the Watchmen Ultimate Cut should be here today, I've somehow never seen it!

merytseth

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 04:08:07 pm »
I prefer the Swedish Dragon Tattoo films, but the American adaptation is definitely solid, and the Trent Reznor score is fantastic.

The Watchmen Ultimate Cut is definitely well worth it if you're a fan of the graphic novel.  I'd imagine that the "Black Freighter" being cut in as it was in the comic may be a little strange to people unfamiliar with the source material, but I loved it.

Setamontet

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 04:21:59 pm »
Sin City is another one of my favorites; "The Hard Good Buy".  Marv played by Mickey Rourke is fucking awesome and funny.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 06:05:12 pm by Setamontet »

Xepera maSet

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 05:22:06 pm »
I prefer the Swedish Dragon Tattoo films, but the American adaptation is definitely solid, and the Trent Reznor score is fantastic.

The Watchmen Ultimate Cut is definitely well worth it if you're a fan of the graphic novel.  I'd imagine that the "Black Freighter" being cut in as it was in the comic may be a little strange to people unfamiliar with the source material, but I loved it.
I'm the biggest Watchmen fan out there, I'm very excited. I got the $60 collector edition with the hard copy novel and all, and it's getting a full shelf on one of our bookshelves. At this point I'll probably buy some Watchmen statues too. 

Xepera maSet

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 03:44:38 am »
Well I'll be dammed, the Watchmen Ultimate Cut is the best piece of cinema I've seen in my life, and makes up for any former shortcomings of the movie in full. 

pi_rameses

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 07:42:01 pm »
Anger's Lucifer Rising. And yes, I did watch Nocturnal Animals recently. And Under the Skin because I honestly liked Scarlet's performance in that movie over Ghost in the Shell. I can't blame her. I think the delivery of the movie (G.i.t.S) made sense in some places but not really in others. The anime with its movies are top-notch.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:48:37 pm by Nylfmedli14 »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

merytseth

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 12:41:36 am »
Well I'll be dammed, the Watchmen Ultimate Cut is the best piece of cinema I've seen in my life, and makes up for any former shortcomings of the movie in full.
It really is damn close to perfect.

Xepera maSet

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 02:21:57 am »
It really is damn close to perfect.
You will probably appreciate this!

merytseth

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 03:03:34 am »
Nice!  Mine looked similar, but I sold my standalone copies of the film, Black Freighter, and the Motion Comic to the local used bookstore after I got the Ultimate Cut, since it includes all of them.

Xepera maSet

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 10:52:15 pm »
Second viewing of Gods of Egypt and I can confirm my love for it. Watched Suicide Squad extended edition and, while still pretty disappointing, it definitely beats any of the marvel movies now. I really hope we get to see more Jared Leto joker, preferably R rated. 

Xepera maSet

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 01:43:24 am »
Wonder Woman was so bad I want to cry. RIP DCEU :(