Author Topic: Spells and feeling overwhelmed?  (Read 709 times)

Deidre

Spells and feeling overwhelmed?
« on: June 23, 2018, 01:18:58 am »
I shared with you all that roughly two weeks ago, I used a spell, for the first time ever. It was very basic, simple...but powerful. I felt different, the next day. I invoked God in the spell, and in some ways, it felt like a very powerful prayer. Well, this spell ''worked.'' I can hardly believe it, but I put forth my negative energy from the situation, and the spell I chose was a banishing spell. But, I wouldn't ever want to harm anyone, it was to simply ''banish'' my boss' negative bs and energy away from me, and my coworkers.

Okay, fast forward to last week, HR started talking with him, people started complaining about him. I had never really said much about him, as I'm not a confrontational type, so...fast forward even more to this week, and it's like my work place is totally different. He was called out by HR ...in a harsh way. Basically, I heard today that if he doesn't shape up, he will have to leave. I honestly can't believe it.

Of course, this has been a long time coming. I've worked here for a few years, and he's been a jerk for most of that time. But, in a matter of two weeks, ironically right after I used that spell...the energy in my work area began to change. Like I could feel it. I feel different. If I'm honest, I feel a little overwhelmed, because since that spell, I had also used incantations to give the spell a ...nudge. lol

So, my question for you all is when you've done spells or incantations...have you felt a sense of calm, but also a feeling of being overwhelmed? I feel overwhelmed in that I can't believe that I'm witnessing so much change in such a short amount of time, and all the while I thought this situation was hopeless.

"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

NEMO 93

Re: Spells and feeling overwhelmed?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 09:08:13 am »
Ayo, since I'm the local tolkien chaos magician I can't help but to chime in. I love all the philosophical posts here but I can't weigh in as much cause to be honest as I can when it comes to praxis. Cause if I'm being honest, my types just in it for the thrill of a ride.

While chaos magic is just a label to mean someone who rejects rigid beliefs instead opting for an open mind that can use any belief as a tool, I find chaos a wonderful description of how it happens. You tend to get carried away, especially once you create a feed-back loop. This is why I tend to reject the pure isolation/division philosophy a lot of LHP like to uphold. What I can say, it creates a current- rife with synchronicities, thing taking care of themselve, and being taken in the right direction. Add in a non-linear time paradigm and it becomes impossible to answer if we're performing rituals because we're picking up on a current of if we're creating a current by doing the ritual or a bit of both.

Either way, the philosophical meandering is useless in praxis, at least when you're in the throes of a current. Much like surfing, just focus on riding out the wave then think about it after.

Yes, things often get carried away. In fact, there's a whole phrase for manifestations clearly related to the spell that are not in line with the intent called "tangential yoga." Say you cast a love spell on a certain person, synchronicities may pop up with another person pointing. Say you cast a spell to get money, it may not work out but you may end up seeing the number 23 or 93 everywhere and it might lead to you a new job offering if followed. Of course, not every spell spirals out of control or even lives up to it's casting. I casted a spell via servitor for a large sum of money and got 20 dollars in cash on my door step the next day. Not exactly the money needed to put me through college(as requested) but definitely an unexplained event clearly related.

Honestly, my personal magickal style? Fuck it, go with it. When the spells get carried away, double down. Keep doubling down. It often works out and takes where you need to go. At the very least, the constant back and forth of swapping energy with the universe creates this sort of large conduit battery which you can use to cast other spells with. You can feed some of this energy back into the original spell if it hasn't fully manifested yet to keep that original propulsion going as long as you show it that you are going somewhere by following the new leads.

The following song by Joy Division perfeclty describes that "zone" for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhCLalLXHP4

I've been waiting for a guide to come and take me by the hand,
Could these sensations make me feel the pleasures of a normal man?
These sensations barely interest me for another day,
I've got the spirit, lose the feeling, take the shock away.
It's getting faster, moving faster now, it's getting out of hand,
On the tenth floor, down the back stairs, it's a no man's land,
Lights are flashing, cars are crashing, getting frequent now,
I've got the spirit, lose the feeling, let it out somehow.
What means to you, what means to me, and we will meet again,
I'm watching you, I'm watching her, I'll take no pity from you friends,
Who is right, who can tell, and who gives a damn right now,
Until the spirit new sensation takes hold, then you know,

Sure it might be a bit reckess, but all the best magick and science is! Granted, I'm in it for the discovery and thrill of it as well as learning it so I plunge into rather than just using it in last tidch scenarios. But come on, it's totally awesome when the wave gets so strong that you simply talk about something and it starts happening instantly. A current once led me to form a bond with friend that I can old describe as "platonic sex magick" as anytime we would talk about something it INSTANTLY happened. We mentioned how we never had champaigne before, ended up winning a bid to be the center of attention at a improv show just to embearass her(and we got free champaigne). That whole weekend as filled with saying stuff and it happening and it just getting more frequent and oddly specific. That whole phase of my life is gone as is that person but that forward trend is still going. As I xeper and remanifest after a recent crossing of the abyss and returning from it(in a thelemic sense as well as setian-draconian), I'm currently building my own unique paradigm off of bits and pieces of the last wave I choose to keep. And some that I didn't even realize was a synchronicity back then. It could all be meaingless coincidence as that's what I made of it at the time, and I'd probably still say that right now if I was talking realistically- but beliefs shape reality so theoritically, you could retroactivelly charge a past event to have meaning that manifests now. If it's already manifested, why retroactively charge? Feed-back loop.

This all probably sounds a little crazy but if I'm being honest, half of this was to retro-actively enchant past synchronicities as it was on topic and great timing to do so. Also, you tend to end up in that mindspace after you've ridden a synchronicity trail for a few months. That's why it's VERY important to step away from it for a while if you apply this technique- it's easy to full yourself with innefective bullshit that doesnt help you or worse hinders you. But thats avoidable with a bit of self-awareness, and probably the reasons a lot of chaotes banish with laughter.

Deidre

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 04:50:50 pm »
Thanks Nemo! I like that ''riding out the wave.'' That is helpful. I'd say that with the first and only spell I've used thus far, I was very focused, yet nervous. I felt like I didn't want to mess anything up, as I've never done a spell before. I invoked the name of God, and took my time. I don't only think the spell ''worked,'' but know it did. The changes that have happened in the last two weeks at my work place have been astounding. Seriously, amazing. The thing I've read about spell casting though, is that the end result might be what you had hoped for, but the path to it, you might not have expected. That is true.

What basically happened is my boss started lashing out at just one coworker of mine, although his negativity was banished ''from me.'' My intent at first, was for his negativity to be banished from me, but then as the paper burned during the spell, I wished for his negativity to be banished from me work team. He was called out by our HR Dept, but instead of taking a meek stance and apologizing for his behaviors, he lashed out more, I heard. lol Then, towards the end of the meeting, I heard he had calmed down. Thing is, he has no choice but to change his ways now.

I never thought this day would come, where my boss would get called out for being a work place bully, but I honestly believe that the spell gave fate a nudge.

Re: your point about being reckless. Idk, I've read that it's important to make sure you're calm and not reckless when carrying out  spell, lest it turn out how you don't want it to.  :\
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:54:18 pm by Deidre »
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

NEMO 93

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 11:41:34 pm »
That's awesome! I'm glad it went so well and things are getting so much better for you.

And like all things in life, there's a balance. In my experience, that excitement of doing something new and not knowing if it will work is key to the gnosis for spells. So I don't like to play it too see. On the other hand, I'm not going to do something completely reckless like invoke all 72 demons of the Goetia at once and ask them to "just help." I'll have a general plan but I try not to control it too much. Often when I don't get what I want, I'll get what I need.