Author Topic: Why a black candle? (and other questions)  (Read 610 times)

crossfire

Re: Why a black candle? (and other questions)
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2018, 08:27:19 am »
If you can find a scent that reminds you of the scent of hot lava flowing into the ocean, that would be perfect.  Rain falling on freshly laid hot asphalt would be another scent to go after.  Another might be the smell of a driftwood fire on the beach.  (You want a strong association with fire & water, along with some earthiness.)
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
~Carl Jung

Setamontet

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2018, 04:36:01 pm »
Interesting. For my own clarity, how do you define powers of darkness for your rituals?

Well for ritual purposes the Powers of Darkness are;
1. the heightened sense of Self,
2. higher intellect,
3. the Magical Link,
4. Imagination,
5. focus of mind and will,
6. the Daimonic Elements.

These are the essential powers summoned and employed during a Greater Black Magical Working.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:06:50 pm by Setamontet »

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

Deidre

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2018, 07:05:18 pm »
Interesting. For my own clarity, how do you define powers of darkness for your rituals?

Well for ritual purposes the Powers of Darkness are;
1. the heightened sense of Self,
2. higher intellect,
3. the Magical Link,
4. Imagination,
5. focus of mind and will.

These are the essential powers summoned and employed during a Greater Black Magical Working.

You know what’s interesting though? None of what you describe is dark. To the RHP, it might be considered dark which is sad, because the LHP is about accepting and influencing Self. And the RHP is about denying self. How could that (what you describe) ever be dark, you know? :-)
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

pi_rameses

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2018, 08:46:21 pm »
Precisely. The more mature initiates of LHP understand that both LHP and RHP practices have their place. The fact that we prefer one path to the other and use "dark" semantics is as justified as any other form of speech. The alternative is to grant neither this nor that in which case, nothing further need be said.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 08:48:09 pm by pi_rameses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra

Setamontet

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2018, 02:26:09 pm »
You know what’s interesting though? None of what you describe is dark. To the RHP, it might be considered dark which is sad, because the LHP is about accepting and influencing Self. And the RHP is about denying self. How could that (what you describe) ever be dark, you know? :-)

Furthermore, regarding the Powers of Darkness.  There are also the Daimonic Elements that are summoned in a working of GBM; the divine spirits, forms, principles, symbols, gods, neteru, daemons, whose essences enshroud the ritual working.  This is where the line between the subjective and objective universes becomes blurred via the Magical Link.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:58:24 pm by Setamontet »

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey