Author Topic: Call to the Old Ones and Opening of the Gates  (Read 284 times)

Setamontet

Call to the Old Ones and Opening of the Gates
« on: May 21, 2017, 09:17:27 am »
Call to the Old Ones and Opening of the Gates
by Setamontet

I'a Nyarlathotep!  The Black Prince who rideth the whirlwinds of the Abyss, hail thou Messenger who brought to the Earth the Shining Trapezohedron, thou who giveth to man substance of being and the knowledge of the Nine Angles.  Open the Gate of Darkness that the black light of Starry Wisdom may illuminate the way.  Come forth, O thou Herald of the Barrier, and enshrine within me your primordial essence.

I'a Yog-Sothoth!  Master of Dimensions, thou Faceless One who doth order the planes and the angles, and who art the gateway to worlds beyond time and spiritual black dimensions.  Come forth, and guide me through the night of thy creation, and enshrine within me your primordial essence.

I'a Shub-Niggurath!  Primal Father and Lord of the Angles, Master of the World of Horrors, hail thou Black Ram of the Sun, and Deathless One!  Come forth from thy burnt and blackened temple beyond the gates more ancient than time, and enshrine within me your primordial essence.

Hail, Nyarlathotep!
Hail, Yog-Sothoth!
Hail, Shub-Niggurath!
We are become as One!

The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be again!  They came and man was here: they sleep and we watch for them.  They shall sleep, and we shall die, but we shall return through them.  We are their dreams, and they shall awaken.  Hail, to the Ancient Dreams!

Unto the beginning and the ending of dimensions!  May the undefiled knowledge of the Shining Trapezohedron enfold my being, and guide me as I Xeper and Remanifest in the Quest for the Infernal Graal. Open wide the Gates of Ry Leh and bring forth upon this world unfathomable creations.  Let lose the Hounds of Tindalos that they may devour the souls of the righteous, and rend asunder the temples and mosques of the death-gods of men!  The Way is Yog-Sothoth, and the Key is Nyarlathotep!

I'a I'a Cthulhu fhtagn!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:07:46 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

Sutekh

Re: Call to the Old Ones
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 09:44:30 am »
Out of curiosity these entities within your rite, are they from part of H.P. Lovecrafts influence? I was just wandering.
"Absolute power corrupts man, absolute power corrupts mans soul, his soul then rots away. He and his soul must be cleansed." - Sutekh

Setamontet

Re: Call to the Old Ones
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:51:59 am »
Yes, they are all inspired by the Lovecraftian mythos.

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,

Blackwulf

Re: Call to the Old Ones and Opening of the Gates
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 06:27:36 pm »
I really like Lovecraft.  Have you ever read Clark Ashton Smith?  He was a pen pal of Lovecraft and wrote some great stories too set in the same universe.    

Xepera maSet

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 06:48:42 pm »
I love this. I just heard it discussed in a podcast that the shining trapezohedron from Haunter in the Dark was actually inspired by the lens of a telescope. This makes a hell of a lot of sense considering that the Starry Wisdom cult would obviously have studied the stars. Anyone know when a lens like that may have come into existence? Could the author have been shocked by looking into the stars? 
"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

Setamontet

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 09:44:40 am »
I love this. I just heard it discussed in a podcast that the shining trapezohedron from Haunter in the Dark was actually inspired by the lens of a telescope. This makes a hell of a lot of sense considering that the Starry Wisdom cult would obviously have studied the stars. Anyone know when a lens like that may have come into existence? Could the author have been shocked by looking into the stars? 

Reminiscent of the Black Flame, the Philosopher's Stone, the Grail, the mythos of the Shining Trapezohedron is fascinating to me.  A geometric object with 24 trapezoidal faces, containing transformative "forbidden" knowledge, which originally transformed the human race in aeons past.  It was rediscovered by the Egyptian Pharaoh Nephren-Ka and he erected a temple to it, keeping it enshrined within a windowless crypt.  And eventually it was again re-discovered by the Starry Wisdom Sect who also used it as a source of unfathomable and transformative knowledge.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 10:13:12 am by Setamontet »