Author Topic: Soooo, I cast a spell today  (Read 1338 times)

Deidre

Soooo, I cast a spell today
« on: June 06, 2018, 12:34:46 am »
I never thought I would feel brave enough to do this, because I believe in God, and was always taught (old habits die hard) that God wouldn't like anything having to do with spells.

Well, I've been dealing with a very stressful situation at work for a few years. My boss is a total asshole. A bully. I have tried to look past his flaws, I've prayed for him, I've prayed for my own peace and strength. And of course, I believe prayers work, and are answered. (this is what I believe) But, again this week, he blurts out something rude again, and I'm just done. I'm going to resign at the end of this month. I'm waiting until then, because I'm going to make a pretty great bonus, and don't want to resign too soon.

In the meantime, how do I cope with this guy? I looked up different thought process and meditation advice last night, and then...I ran across spells. In particular Wiccan spells, for ''beginners.'' lol This particular spell that I chose is super easy, and I didn't want anything too challenging.

Basically, the instructions are to write out the name of the person in your life who is harming you in some way, and you can invoke anyone to help you drive the force of this person away. You then, get a fire safe plate and burn the paper with written name, and as it burns, that is when you meditate upon driving these negative spirits away from you. Driving this person away from your life.

Then, you are to take the ashes and the plate, and dump it somewhere off of your property. Don't dump the ashes in your kitchen garbage can for example.

It's supposed to take a few days to ''work,'' so there you have it. That's what I did after work today.  :D

Some thoughts to this - I read that when you cast spells, you should be calm, as if you are agitated or stressed, the spell can become a curse to your target, and harm them. I have no desire to harm my boss. Just want him to stop being a jerk to me and others. Also, you shouldn't tamper with anyone's free will, so in other words, love spells and such should be avoided, because someone should fall in love with you naturally, not through a spell. I'm not sure how much I believe just yet but there is power in our own intentions, and the energy of those intentions, I believe.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:36:45 am by Deidre »
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

NEMO 93

Re: Soooo, I cast a spell today
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 01:51:41 am »
Congratulations! As a chaos magician, I perform rituals and cast spells all the time and am fascinated with the tech. Chaotes tend to try to break the spells as much as they can to reverse engineer and see what appears most true and most false. If it helps, view spells as just a powerful form of prayer- I mean, there's a reason that prayer in more orthodox countries can be so intense or catholic mass is so ritualistic.

The remain calmed thing. There's two many gnosis available- a sedative one(meditation, exhuastion or sleep deprivation, yoga, etc.) or excitatory(dance, sexual gnosis, fear, etc.) so calm might be a mistranslation- what I think they mean to say is you should be in control of thoughts and not let them wander as usually spells are effective when devoid of lust of result. Also, introducing anxieties into spell craft accidentally may cause some fixations that cause unexpected intentions to manifest- which is why meditation is usually recommended practice at the beginning of all magickal ventures.

For love spells, there's mixed thoughts on this. Again, chaotes are the mad scientiests of the spell world so I'm not concerned about ethics- I once tried a love spell from the Greco Magickal Papyri mainly because I wanted to see what would happen since it calls on basically every underwold God in Egypt, Greece, and Rome and that'd be awesome tech if I could reverse engineer it.

So the thing about love spells is they work much easier without any target, because it's manifesting from a blank canvas as a general intent. When performing a target, it's not gonna make them love you like some magic potion no 9. Basically, it's going to cause you to transform (and therefore your friendship/relationship) with them enough so that they love you. This isn't so much bad because of a concept of free will but because it often creates voalatile unstable relationships. It's the classic be careful what you wish for.

Repellent spells and curses seem to work better because you're exorcising your own negative emotions, and repelling people is easier psycholgically- less transformation. Plus, if it's a curse it's really easy to make someone believe they've been curse and jinx themselves without actually cursing them.

Deidre

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 04:44:16 pm »
Nemo, thanks for all that info!

So you go by the label “magician?” That’s interesting.

What I didn’t expect from the spell, is how positive I would feel today about my life in general. I mean, I’m happy and try to be positive but I feel free or something. I haven’t seen my boss all day which isn’t unusual so I’m not chalking that up to the spell lol What I asked to have happen, was for his negativity to be banished from me. To not have him be mean and bully his staff anymore. Burning his name written on paper was symbolic I guess, of that type of banishment. 

I think it worked better than anticipated. :)

Olive

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 07:40:13 pm »
I think you were right to follow the advice to remain calm. I agree with Xepera that there are different approaches, but I would not describe this one as sedative. (Neither would I describe meditation or yoga that way.) I think it is more about peace and clarity, being very aware of the intentions you are putting into the working, acting from your very center. Peace is infinite vitality. Clarity is knowing that what you do is only to produce greater freedom and bliss for yourself, and nothing else.

The other type of working mentioned is more excitatory and emotional. It can certainly still be useful to magicians and witches, but is a little more tricky to use skillfully in my opinion, especially for beginners. The wild emotional energy you're using to fuel the experience is like a churning tempest - full of power in the moment, but it obscures the sky. These can easily draw you in a bit deeper than you expect or prepare for. It can often be a case of "raising waves where there is no wind" - which again, is fine if you know what you're doing. :)

I find that the first type ages better. You would never look back at them and think that you were just too wrapped up in the moment or that you ended up deepening your attachment to something, because the very nature of clarity is that you know exactly what you are doing and you do it with as much sobriety and awareness as possible. You can only really look back at them and say "I did what I knew what was right for me then, but my perspective has changed."

But all of this is just an intellectual discussion about my perspective - your experience is worth more than all my explaining could ever be. I am glad to hear that you had a positive first experience and that it was effective for you! Whatever the outcome of your situation may be, be glad to know that you have already taken the first step and hardened your resolve to free yourself from the negativity that was afflicting you. Peace be upon you sister.
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Deidre

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 01:09:09 am »
I think you were right to follow the advice to remain calm. I agree with Xepera that there are different approaches, but I would not describe this one as sedative. (Neither would I describe meditation or yoga that way.) I think it is more about peace and clarity, being very aware of the intentions you are putting into the working, acting from your very center. Peace is infinite vitality. Clarity is knowing that what you do is only to produce greater freedom and bliss for yourself, and nothing else.

The other type of working mentioned is more excitatory and emotional. It can certainly still be useful to magicians and witches, but is a little more tricky to use skillfully in my opinion, especially for beginners. The wild emotional energy you're using to fuel the experience is like a churning tempest - full of power in the moment, but it obscures the sky. These can easily draw you in a bit deeper than you expect or prepare for. It can often be a case of "raising waves where there is no wind" - which again, is fine if you know what you're doing. :)

I find that the first type ages better. You would never look back at them and think that you were just too wrapped up in the moment or that you ended up deepening your attachment to something, because the very nature of clarity is that you know exactly what you are doing and you do it with as much sobriety and awareness as possible. You can only really look back at them and say "I did what I knew what was right for me then, but my perspective has changed."

But all of this is just an intellectual discussion about my perspective - your experience is worth more than all my explaining could ever be. I am glad to hear that you had a positive first experience and that it was effective for you! Whatever the outcome of your situation may be, be glad to know that you have already taken the first step and hardened your resolve to free yourself from the negativity that was afflicting you. Peace be upon you sister.

Thanks for this insight, Olive! I feel that the spell may have worked, hard to completely tell, although he was a jerk today, but strangely to someone else on my work team. Honestly, I want to try the spell again, or another one for banishment. Still invoking God, as I feel it can act like a form of visualizing prayer/intention, if that makes sense?

I'm not sure how to handle Christian friends of mine that I've shared this with (I shouldn't have, right?) who seem to think that ALL spells are evil. That the LHP is evil, and going to lead me down to a dark place where demons will possess me. I'm not kidding, this is what I've had to hear.

Any thoughts to this?

pi_rameses

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 06:44:56 pm »
Congrats!
"Some say Kos, others Kosm.
As you did for the vacuous Rom,
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

-Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

Liu

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 07:14:54 pm »
I'm not sure how to handle Christian friends of mine that I've shared this with (I shouldn't have, right?) who seem to think that ALL spells are evil. That the LHP is evil, and going to lead me down to a dark place where demons will possess me. I'm not kidding, this is what I've had to hear.

Any thoughts to this?
I find it hard to grasp that some people actually think like that. I'm surrounded by atheists. If I would tell them of my interest in occultism, I would likely be made fun of, or perhaps they would fear for my mental health, but I can't think of anyone who would react like that. Well, different continent, I guess...

What I would draw from that reaction of your Christian friends, though, would be the realization that compared to those people you have a huge amount of mental freedom, that you are able of drawing your own conclusions instead of basing them on religious dogma, and that therefore you are on the right track.

How to exactly deal with your friends, well, I don't know them or your situation well enough to tell whether it's worth the try to make them more open-minded or whether it's better to keep such things entirely to yourself.

Deidre

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 02:40:54 am »

Any thoughts to this?
I find it hard to grasp that some people actually think like that. I'm surrounded by atheists. If I would tell them of my interest in occultism, I would likely be made fun of, or perhaps they would fear for my mental health, but I can't think of anyone who would react like that. Well, different continent, I guess...

What I would draw from that reaction of your Christian friends, though, would be the realization that compared to those people you have a huge amount of mental freedom, that you are able of drawing your own conclusions instead of basing them on religious dogma, and that therefore you are on the right track.

How to exactly deal with your friends, well, I don't know them or your situation well enough to tell whether it's worth the try to make them more open-minded or whether it's better to keep such things entirely to yourself.

I have mainly atheist friends, and they know me, and that I like to learn about different views and religions. My Christian friends, I don't have as many, but of those I do have, they are somewhat skeptical of anything that isn't Biblical. To me, learning about Wicca for example, it seems innocuous in terms of the cherry picking that I tend to do with many beliefs. I like certain things about the LHP path, but not all. Not everything in every religion/belief resonates with me. I imagine I'm not alone in that.

To devout Christians, they believe they are helping, and not judging. I try to understand the intent, but they should also try to understand that casting spells can be considered forms of prayer. I choose to invoke God, and to me, it really felt special, that spell.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Olive

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 02:23:59 pm »
I've seen several faith healers and the like employed even by traditional churches in the Bible Belt. If they wouldn't consider that dangerous witchcraft and demonolatry, I see no reason for them to cast doubt on your personal affirmations. Spirituality is not just a chance to read scripture or to bow your head in church. It touches all parts of life, so it can be enjoined to a practice, a ceremony, a mindset, even an art. Don't be bothered by those who don't tend to incorporate their faith in the same way you do.

I'm reminded of a passage from the sermon on the mount. (Matthew 6)

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Upon hearing this, a Christian might say "Well, okay - but your 'spells' don't sound like the Lord's Prayer. Don't you think that means you are taking it too far?" But in this case we should also look at the next verse.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

It's not about repeating what has been said before you. It's about establishing a personal connection with God. And the way I see it, no man has the authority to judge you based on how you go about this.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:26:10 pm by Olive »
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Deidre

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 10:44:54 pm »
I've seen several faith healers and the like employed even by traditional churches in the Bible Belt. If they wouldn't consider that dangerous witchcraft and demonolatry, I see no reason for them to cast doubt on your personal affirmations. Spirituality is not just a chance to read scripture or to bow your head in church. It touches all parts of life, so it can be enjoined to a practice, a ceremony, a mindset, even an art. Don't be bothered by those who don't tend to incorporate their faith in the same way you do.

I'm reminded of a passage from the sermon on the mount. (Matthew 6)

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Upon hearing this, a Christian might say "Well, okay - but your 'spells' don't sound like the Lord's Prayer. Don't you think that means you are taking it too far?" But in this case we should also look at the next verse.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

It's not about repeating what has been said before you. It's about establishing a personal connection with God. And the way I see it, no man has the authority to judge you based on how you go about this.

This is so true, and I'll always be drawn to the RHP, but I'm also drawn to other beliefs. Nothing that would harm anyone...nothing that would come between me and God, at least I don't think so.

I have a question, so on Friday, my boss lashed out at one of my coworkers on the team. She didn't answer a text of his in a timely manner. She was working from home that day, and she texted me to tell me all this. She showed me the text thread, and basically, he wants to ''punish'' all of us, for her not answering his text?? I'm not responsible for what my coworkers do. What's next, I won't get my bonus if she doesn't earn hers? I have prayed for strength, and I have strength, and peace...but I don't know if I should use this same spell again, and pray again.

I was reading about spells last night, and how it's all about your intention, and the warning many Wiccans give is to not be angry, or emotional. To be calm, and to not wish harm on the target, because it can be possible that you can create a ''boomerang'' effect. Anyways, what do you think? Have you ever cast multiple spells for the same problem?

VenusSatanas

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 02:14:58 am »
Over the years of working with Witchcraft and various other forms of magic, I have distilled it down to a simple process. Spells on paper work great!! But that's because I have been using magic for years, and I've come to understand the mechanics of it.

When it comes to paper spells, like the one Deidre performed, I save them for quick situational action. A spell that is going to make someone make a major life change is better suited to a reading through divination first (ie. with Tarot cards) so that I can understand the various situations surrounding that person.

For instance, a reading might reveal a personal flaw or something that is hidden behind the scenes! For something to have a long-term effect, I find that knowing as many details as possible is what makes a spell well-targeted.

And long term spells are better suited for ritual work, I find. That might involve a photograph, a piece of hair or personal item, some memento of my target, a poppet doll, notable items that are influenced by them, timing by the moon & stars, and various other scenarios that will come to me when the time to cast the spell is just right.

But! I used to be vicious with magic in this way. And it worked ~ But what I find is that the more I looked for things that I could change, the more I lost of myself in the process. Nowadays, I see things in a different light - perhaps more grey than black. I usually reserve spell casting for situations that enable me to create balance rather than chaos.

On a side note - have you considered working with crystals? Stones like Rose Quartz have a natural vibration that reaches out to it's surrounding area and creates a communicative, friendly environment. No spells required, just some meditation and research and experience.

Good luck with your spell adventures! You never know until you try <3

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 02:24:40 am by VenusSatanas »
I am ~ I will ~ I create

Deidre

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 03:00:18 am »
Over the years of working with Witchcraft and various other forms of magic, I have distilled it down to a simple process. Spells on paper work great!! But that's because I have been using magic for years, and I've come to understand the mechanics of it.

When it comes to paper spells, like the one Deidre performed, I save them for quick situational action. A spell that is going to make someone make a major life change is better suited to a reading through divination first (ie. with Tarot cards) so that I can understand the various situations surrounding that person.

For instance, a reading might reveal a personal flaw or something that is hidden behind the scenes! For something to have a long-term effect, I find that knowing as many details as possible is what makes a spell well-targeted.

And long term spells are better suited for ritual work, I find. That might involve a photograph, a piece of hair or personal item, some memento of my target, a poppet doll, notable items that are influenced by them, timing by the moon & stars, and various other scenarios that will come to me when the time to cast the spell is just right.

But! I used to be vicious with magic in this way. And it worked ~ But what I find is that the more I looked for things that I could change, the more I lost of myself in the process. Nowadays, I see things in a different light - perhaps more grey than black. I usually reserve spell casting for situations that enable me to create balance rather than chaos.

On a side note - have you considered working with crystals? Stones like Rose Quartz have a natural vibration that reaches out to it's surrounding area and creates a communicative, friendly environment. No spells required, just some meditation and research and experience.

Good luck with your spell adventures! You never know until you try <3

First, welcome here :)
Thank you so much for your thoughts. I appreciate hearing from your experiences. I believe in God, so I come at this from a different approach as well. I'm intrigued by teaming or pairing my prayer life with spells. I have read that spells are all about intentions, and in some ways, through our intentions and channeling of positive energy, we can bring about certain outcomes. I have tried to understand my boss, befriend him, pray for him. He is a lonely, sad guy, if I had to guess...and he brings that loneliness and sadness to the job every day. If anything, before trying this spell, I had grown peaceful about things, and realize that we can't change others, only how we react to them.

But, there is an unfairness to him being there, at this point. I'm simply tired as others are, of walking on eggshells for a guy who doesn't belong in the role he's in. I wish no ill intent, or harm to come upon him, but I also wish he'd find a reason to leave.

I have never tried crystals, I will look into those. I liked the paper spell, mainly because it was easy. lol  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:03:41 am by Deidre »

NEMO 93

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 03:45:12 am »
@Deidre  Er, yes and no. I tend to prefer the term occultist when discussing but my core belief will always be chaos magick and it's practicioners are chaos magicians. It's the belief that nothing has absolute truth and everything remains possible. That there are many states of conciousness one can achieve and many ways to effect the world that is possible and all you have to do is perform an action that you have given meaning. Life+Significance=Magick. Magick is the act of bestowing meaning upon life, or subsects of life. I tend to go with occultist because it implies an interest in the darker aspects and a "scientific" approach to it but I'm starting to come around to witch as it describes my current style of magick and current paradigm forming much more accurately. (Hekate has become a new matron deity.) Chaos magician is a term I tend to use only around other chaotes because a.) the associations of silly stuff, which I can confirm we get up to- lots of fun pop culture magick and expirimenting with just giving the simplest, sometimes dumbest things meaning and seeing if it works- sometimes it can be the most effective and b.) people who aren't into occultism at all think the chaos addition is just edgey and it can be hard to explain nothing is true, everything is permitted to them.

I strongly suggest looking into Hoodoo as well as some of the old grimoires. Pslam magick is VERY common in some hoodoo workings as well as the lighter medieval grimoires. I believe I have two grimoires that are almost nothing but prayers to the monotheistic God with intent. Hell, if you want to get technical a lot of planetary and pagan magick is prayer to angels, planets, or gods or goddesses with intent.

Surprisingly, I do like crystals a lot too. I highly recommend them. it's a little ironic considering how anti-new age I am in my own world views and practices but a lot of it works for me. No offense to anyone who likes new age stuff here, I actually dig a bit of it, I just have problems with how a lot of practicioners white-wash magickal practices and pagan history and deities.

Paper spells are easy, what you can do is put a bunch of associations (crystal, incense, etc.) on an altar along with the paper and use that to cast a spell or a bottle spell which is esentially all of that goes into a bottle. I highly recommend Billy Brujo's youtube channel for all kinds of magickal spell fun, he gets the right spirit of approaching them as fun arts and crafts projects.