Author Topic: What has Satanism done for your life?  (Read 505 times)

Kapalika

What has Satanism done for your life?
« on: May 25, 2018, 03:23:15 am »
Today someone asked me "And how did that turn out for you? What good has he done for you?" in reference to me being a Satanist. I gave my answer, best I could at the time.

So I ask ya'll as well, what has Satanism done for your life?
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Kapalika

Re: What has Satanism done for your life?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 03:27:45 am »
I actually hadn't really thought about "what good" or what Satanism "has done" for my life...  I don't see how reality should be determined by the situation in one's life. At the same time though I've seen positive affects from practicing Satanism, but it's a complicated subject. I think the biggest thing for me was learning to accept and love myself for who I am, while also trying to always improve as a person in a proactive way that most people don't (since they are less in tune with themselves and deny the shadow and the darkness).

That's probably the best answer I can give at the moment without thinking about it more.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Liu

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 07:40:48 pm »
A whole lot, but it can be mainly grouped into 3 categories:

- inner strength and motivation
Having a deity, a religious/philosophical framework, the knowledge that there are other Satanists, that all gives me something I can draw from emotionally and rest upon as well as a wealth of symbolism and narratives.
Albeit I'm still an agnostic in regards to the possibility and details of the spiritual goal of self-deification, it at least is a direction in which to strive. Even if downgrading that to a mere goal of self-improvement it really strikes a nerve for me and keeps me going and also has lead me to do a lot more with my life than I otherwise might have found the energy for.

- new knowledge and openness
I learnt a lot about metaphysics and philosophy from studying different forms of the LHP. And it has opened me up to the possibility of paranormal phenomena being more than just the result of mental delusion.
Before I came to this path I was basically a physicalist with a slight bent towards pantheism, so I really had some open-mindedness to gain.
And it improved my English-skills (it's not my native language). I started reading whole books on Satanism etc. just because I was so fascinated and drawn to it, and ever since I'm capable of thinking in English.

- self-reassurance
When I was younger I was really shy and terrified of people getting to know me lest they might notice that I'm not as cute and innocent as I might have seemed.
On a moral level I already accepted my darker aspects before. I actually don't think that Satanism made me know or accept myself that much more than I already did before. I mean, it did help me with that as well, but I have the impression that I already had a comparatively good impression of my psyche, I just didn't know how to handle it. Satanism and the occult helped me categorize and sort those things a bit better, though, and I learnt that one can be open with at least some of those things without getting shunned everywhere.
While I'm still very reluctant to talk to people in real life about my religion and a few other topics, I now can much more easily talk with people in general.
I assume that would also have happened otherwise, but I think this religion helped me progress faster.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 07:47:35 pm by Liu »

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 05:34:53 pm »
Bump

"My step is great, that I may traverse the sky."
- The Pyramid Texts

Onyx

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 06:13:25 pm »
I've seen this question come up from time to time. There is that acceptance of Self, but there can also be problems.

Sometimes I think I can get away with certain things only to shoot myself straight in the foot. So I can't really go around saying much more than Satanism requires a lot of self-control for it to amount to anything.

Perhaps this is where the various paradigms can be useful. Sort of like an artist who chooses to paint with a limited color palette, and yet creates masterpieces.

But for the most part, I've had a good time riding "Satan's roller coaster". :mrgreen: This short life could be a whole lot less interesting, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:15:05 pm by Onyx »

Liu

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 06:26:31 pm »
Sometimes I think I can get away with certain things only to shoot myself straight in the foot. So I can't really go around saying much more than Satanism requires a lot of self-control for it to amount to anything.

Perhaps this is where the various paradigms can be useful. Sort of like an artist who chooses to paint with a limited color palette, and yet creates masterpieces.
I'd actually say Satanism gave me more direction, and thereby more reason to work on self-control.
Being raised by areligious humanists doesn't provide much structure.

Sutekh

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 08:31:36 pm »
So I ask ya'll as well, what has Satanism done for your life?

It has liberated and freed my self as a whole, and it has made me to where I am today.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Olive

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 10:14:42 pm »
...Satanism requires a lot of self-control for it to amount to anything.

This really stuck out to me and I agree. I had a friendly argument with a professional artist about Romantic poetry in comparison to more recent eras. From the modern perspective - restrictive and sometimes archaic formats like the Sonnet, and the sometimes impossibly demanding rhyme schemes - seem to be stagnant, almost anemic, and certainly very overblown. But to me the happenings in that narrow possibility space, that "scanty plot of ground," as Wordsworth calls it, are most resplendent among writings. The intentionality in every line is made apparent by the perfection of the word choice. She applauded my argument, though not conceding the point. It seems to me a universal principle that restriction creates form, and freedom gives vitality. Some of the best masterpieces of all time have been constructed under the auspicious interplay of these two principles. How much more this should be true for those of us who make art of ourselves, and of our experience.
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Onyx

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 10:42:03 pm »
Another analogy might be my experiences growing up with very slow and limited computers. The one I had was a measly 1.0 Mhz, and 16 colors on the screen at the most. And the disk drive was slow as hell.

Such environments force you to think out of the box and be innovative, and I wouldn't be as knowledgable about computers without those "trials and tribulations" of my youth.

The difference with Satanism, etc, is that you choose the environments you wish to work within. I've been intrigued by this concept of "shape-shifting" mentioned within the Vampyrism threads, in terms of not only being effective in your own paradigm but perhaps others as well. New color palettes to explore but always at your discretion.

Olive

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 11:31:17 pm »
And even the products that were made for those machines. If we take the inspiration present in games with the best pixel art of the era and compare that your average UNREAL ENGINE 3 title - the concept is again demonstrated.

It's interesting that you mention 'shape-shifting' - constructed paradigms are a specialty of mine. I'll hunt down the relevant thread over there and post a bit on it.
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Mindmaster

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 02:07:59 am »
First, I just wanted to say I really love the way you guys share here; it's truly wonderful and rare.

My involvement with Satanism reshaped my entire life. It lead me to my wife, countless sneak peeks into the workings of the universe, and provided all the solutions I ever needed for the normal problems that occur on a daily basis. If I wasn't exposed to Satanism by seeing a copy of TSB on the shelves at the local B. Dalton bookseller one day when I was shopping there with my mother I wouldn't even be *me*. I remember being drawn to that book magnetically and couldn't leave without it. What I remember of myself previously can only be described as pathetic, and certainly do not miss that guy. Within a few months I moved from that to a very intellectual, stable, and courageous individual with a plan.

Perhaps it is more interesting in that its base philosophy applies at no matter what phase of my life that I am in. Certainly, my Satanism has grown from atheism/agnosticism to theism in that time but it's not exactly something I was looking for -- someone just whispered into my ear. :D

As I sit here typing this, I am reminded of all the great occult material it lead me to and the perspectives that would have remained unknown to me if it wasn't drilled into my core that this was my birthright. It's an unending quest for understanding and freedom, what other reward does one really need? Once you taste that, nothing else will do. I don't consider myself 'perfect' mind you, I'm aware of where the development needs to continue. But, I'm certainly "almost there" in comparison to being the "lost cause" I was before I began this journey. Hopefully, I will get there before I die, but at least I know I did my best. :D

Sutekh

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 11:13:41 pm »
@Mindmaster After reading your post I felt like sharing another thought that popped in my mind. Its interesting really of how Satanism changes and improves the individual. During my youth, the first time I read the Satanic Bible I thought that I had it down pat :P without realizing that I didn't :P. The second time reading it was actually a refresher for me :D. Though even it nonetheless refreshed me at the same time I still had the mindset like any individual would of being a follower.

You can say that I was in the LaVey COS Shit bubble for quite a while. I guess to put it in words, not only has Satanism freed and liberated my own self but it has advanced me to the spiritual side of things, to not only have I become Spiritual but my thinking has become rather independent than being a follower. If I did not go on RF and meet other people of various viewpoints on the LHP or studied the other sides of the LHP philosophy's than I would probably had been stuck to being a closed minded follower.

I guess to where I am today is a refelection of what I am saying. 8)

(took me a while to respond since I have trouble concentrating of various noises in my household caused by humans) :P

"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Jim

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 01:20:34 am »
Helped me make peace with Christianity firstly and provided a gateway into philosophy and psychology.

BillyGoat666

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 04:10:28 pm »
I'm just starting off, but I can't tell you the relief that comes with finding a name and community for what you've been feeling all along. I knew there were higher powers, but the Abrahamic God and traditions weren't the answer. Though I tried. I knew Satanism is where I was heading, but LeVay didn't do it with his atheism. I studied the Celts, other pagan ways, but it wasn't until I stumbled on to Theistic Satanism that I realized I had finally found the truth. I'm only on my second book studying it, and I don't even pretend to know how to get to the point where I can practice magik and summon demons, but I know these so-called demons, the gods of my European pagan ancestors, are the true spiritual forces in nature. I see Judaism and Christianity as the invaders and murderers of my people in ancient times, and I'm glad to be back celebrating that heritage despite the attempted destruction of its faith and people. It only took 40 years.  :D
“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
― John Milton, Paradise Lost