Author Topic: To Become A God  (Read 1247 times)

Onyx

To Become A God
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:04:13 am »
Anton LaVey declared the "watchword" of Satanism to be Indulgence. As Crowley indicated in his Book of the Law: "The word of Sin is Restriction". Indulgence is where it all begins, because without the freedom of self-exploration the Word implies, Thelema and Xeper would be unattainable.

Indulgence is important, but eventually one comes to the conclusion that it is a doorway into a deeper realm - that of the Will. The fulfillment of a passing desire may very well trigger a moment of self-realization - Xeper - which propels the individual into a new state of Being. What started on a whim becomes a life-long pursuit.

But I suppose self-awareness doesn't come without its share of caveats. I fear we may be entering a new era of Restriction, despite many attempts to free Occultists from the false stigmas associated with their practices. (There was once an organization in my town that made efforts in this regard.) The mainstream media has been quiet lately, but I wouldn't be surprised if LHP religions become the "click-bait" of the future when revenues get low.

I'll remain the "everyman" for now, but will Xeper just the same. The external universe cannot take away my godliness, for it has already been instantiated. My job is to Understand and Perpetuate what has already been placed into existence - to engage in Indulgence, Thelema, Xeper, Remanifestation - and work towards Ultimate Separation.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 12:40:01 am by Onyx »

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-founder | OSM Founder
  • Administrator
  • uab Nekhekhu (Priest of the Old Gods)
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
Re: To Become A God
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:32:53 am »
Did Anton claim the word indulgence, or was that assigned by the ToS in hindsight?

"Do not try to make the sun rise by self-sacrifice,  but wait in confidence for the dawn, and enjoy the pleasure of the night."
- Crowley

Onyx

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 12:44:40 am »
Did Anton claim the word indulgence, or was that assigned by the ToS in hindsight?
From The Satanic Bible:
The watchword of Satanism is  INDULGENCE  instead of “abstinence” . . .  BUT— it is not 
“compulsion.”

Sutekh

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 02:53:39 pm »
When you mention that "(There was once an organization that made efforts in this regard)."

What type of organization was it, out of curiosity?
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-founder | OSM Founder
  • Administrator
  • uab Nekhekhu (Priest of the Old Gods)
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 03:16:10 pm »
From The Satanic Bible:
The watchword of Satanism is  INDULGENCE  instead of “abstinence” . . .  BUT— it is not
“compulsion.”

That's cool, I had completely forgotten that and actually taught a friend that the word of indulgence was part of the ToS. Thanks for the correction. 

"Do not try to make the sun rise by self-sacrifice,  but wait in confidence for the dawn, and enjoy the pleasure of the night."
- Crowley

Onyx

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 03:29:43 pm »
When you mention that "(There was once an organization that made efforts in this regard)."

What type of organization was it, out of curiosity?
The Alliance for Magical and Earth Religions (AMER)
http://amer.astralstar.org/

Sutekh

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 04:40:22 pm »
I was surprised that Lilith Aquino was well known within this organization by stumbling upon her name on their site.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Setamontet

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 05:13:02 pm »
To work and strive towards becoming the supreme and complete manifestation of my Higher Self, to become equipped like and equal to the Prince of Darkness in my collaboration with him/It in the re-creation of the Cosmos as a reflection and embodiment of the eternal glory of the Setian/Satanic Mind and Will.

"From the Ninth Angle is the flame of the beginning and ending of dimensions,
which blazeth in brilliance and darkness unto the glory of desire." - Michael Aquino