Author Topic: Would you follow a Satan similar to the one from christian mythos?  (Read 3727 times)

Liu

Re: Would you follow a Satan similar to the one from christian mythos?
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2019, 10:26:19 pm »
Reverse-Christianity tends to have a very negative reputation among other kinds of Satanist.

This is mainly because many of its adherents (from my experience at least) are very immature, having gone there straight from fundamentalist Christianity and not having put any thought into their theology. Some even are anti-Semitic racists (but you can find those in every religion).

But if we have a serious practitioner of it who wants to discuss it I see no reason against a sub-forum for it.

pseustes

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2019, 12:13:50 pm »
You know, I'm just throwing it out there, but perhaps the forum could benefit from an actual "child-thread" about the reverse-Christian duotheistic position, in order to enhance awareness.
I'm not so sure about that since people like me tend to get attacks from the followers of what I call the cult of empowerment. Basically, their thinking has its origins in the philosophies of Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Jung et al. They claim that their system of beliefs have a pedigree that goes back a long way. My position is that the modern formulation of it as a religion, LHP, whatever was mainly created in the 60's.

Myhla

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2019, 03:49:31 pm »
I'm not so sure about that since people like me tend to get attacks from the followers of what I call the cult of empowerment. Basically, their thinking has its origins in the philosophies of Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Jung et al. They claim that their system of beliefs have a pedigree that goes back a long way. My position is that the modern formulation of it as a religion, LHP, whatever was mainly created in the 60's.

Fair enough, suit yourself. For sure, by doing so you're opening yourself up to criticism, but at the same time an elaboration of the concept could be of benefit to others. It's a 'toss-up.'

As for the rest of your response, I get what you're saying, but there are so many different types of Satanism out there now; I think it is difficult to put them all in a specific box outlined by what you mentioned. What you describe may be true of a more LaVeyan stance, possibly entering into the LHP pioneered by Aquino with Setianism (of which he surely added his own flair to it, building off of that of LaVey).

However, there has long been a more 'traditional' vein of Satanism, whether "Theistic/Spiritual/Philosophical," which has branched out in several different directions of its own as well, over the decades. Satanism itself is highly individualistic, so diversity of the concept is somewhat intrinsic to its very existence.

pseustes

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2019, 05:30:19 pm »
Fair enough, suit yourself. For sure, by doing so you're opening yourself up to criticism, but at the same time an elaboration of the concept could be of benefit to others. It's a 'toss-up.'
What would be the specific questions you would like me to answer?
Satanism itself is highly individualistic, so diversity of the concept is somewhat intrinsic to its very existence.
The demonic realm is organized like an army. The only individual of any note in this realm is Satan.

Myhla

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2019, 10:42:24 pm »
What would be the specific questions you would like me to answer?

There's nothing specific. Just a general elaboration of your worldview, for others' sake.

Personally, I have no questions.

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-founder | OSM Founder
  • Administrator
  • uab Nekhekhu (Priest of the Old Gods)
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2019, 04:18:04 am »
You know, I'm just throwing it out there, but perhaps the forum could benefit from an actual "child-thread" about the reverse-Christian duotheistic position, in order to enhance awareness.

But the LHP tradition is literally traceable through the entirety of human history into pre historical times.

"Do not try to make the sun rise by self-sacrifice,  but wait in confidence for the dawn, and enjoy the pleasure of the night."
- Crowley

Inlustratus

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2019, 06:00:29 am »
But the LHP tradition is literally traceable through the entirety of human history into pre historical times.

As a way of thinking and perhaps some rituals? Sure, we can be almost certain of that.
But how traceable is it? Ehh... It's hard to even trace some 'organizations' that aren't that old as they were more often than not secretive for obvious reasons.
*scary satanic text*

pseustes

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2019, 09:54:07 am »
There's nothing specific. Just a general elaboration of your worldview, for others' sake.

This is a Left-Hand Path Community and now that I've read many interesting articles here I feel that what I call the pure, uncompromised Theistic Satanism is against almost everything I've read here. So insistent promotion of it would probably lead to a ban and I'm not on that kind of mission.

I think I've said enough on the subject to give you some idea but let me add this very last clarification on my part:

According to the gospel of John, before Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead he stopped in front of the the tomb ('It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.') and was moved to tears. Why? By now  the reader knows what Jesus is capable of. Because, as one prominent theologian of the Eastern Orthodox Church noted, Jesus faced his true enemy - death.

Theistic Satanism is not life-affirming, it's death-affirming. It's not about the celebration of individuality, tapping into some source of dark energy. Satan is about Death and Destruction. Satan is the great Deceiver. It's about Defeat, yours and mine. So nicely, in the English language, you get a group of four big D's.

Who would follow such a path, if you could even call it 'a path'? Many, I believe. Mad people, depressed people, people without any hope and many more. There is paradoxically a sense of hope when worshiping the very embodiment of hopelessness. At least there is that, the ultimate basement floor. But some go even further and reject any kind of solace simply because it matches their inner sense of everything.

This sounds all very philosophical but I have supernatural experiences to confirm the reality of Satan and the demonic realm. But I won't explain any further. I'm already declared insane in the clinical sense in my home country so I don't need any reminders of that anymore. 

Liu

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2019, 10:27:40 am »
This is a Left-Hand Path Community and now that I've read many interesting articles here I feel that what I call the pure, uncompromised Theistic Satanism is against almost everything I've read here. So insistent promotion of it would probably lead to a ban and I'm not on that kind of mission.
The LHP is imo not bound to any specific belief system but about finding out which belief system works for one. If yours is the one that works best for you and you have put in the work to determine that, then that aspect of it at least is LHP nonetheless.

Theistic Satanism is not life-affirming, it's death-affirming. It's not about the celebration of individuality, tapping into some source of dark energy. Satan is about Death and Destruction. Satan is the great Deceiver. It's about Defeat, yours and mine. So nicely, in the English language, you get a group of four big D's.

Who would follow such a path, if you could even call it 'a path'? Many, I believe. Mad people, depressed people, people without any hope and many more. There is paradoxically a sense of hope when worshiping the very embodiment of hopelessness. At least there is that, the ultimate basement floor. But some go even further and reject any kind of solace simply because it matches their inner sense of everything.

This sounds all very philosophical but I have supernatural experiences to confirm the reality of Satan and the demonic realm. But I won't explain any further. I'm already declared insane in the clinical sense in my home country so I don't need any reminders of that anymore.

To me, satanism, be it theistic or not, is both death- and life-affirming. Yes, Satan is all that what you wrote (besides many other things), but it also is what we are, which is why worshiping the devil is not only about submitting to something beyond oneself but also about accepting what we truly are.
That doesn't make me feel hopeless, on the contrary if any. Yes, reality is horrifying, but there is no objective good and evil, everything just is, and so you can relax and enjoy the ride wherever it may lead you.

But you do sound, if not insane, then at least like you are dealing with depression or the like. If your religion is not making you happy you could at least try and change if not your beliefs so at least your attitude to them in order to make at least your subjective reality a bit more comfortable. And if you are having clinical depression you might benefit from some professional help for that.

pseustes

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2019, 10:47:07 am »
And if you are having clinical depression you might benefit from some professional help for that.
No, it's an old foe called paranoid schizophrenia. Thanks for your overall consideration, though. No amount of philosophical argumentation has convinced proponents of my classification otherwise.

Do we already meet the criteria of unnecessary self-exposure here, now?

Etu Malku

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2019, 05:32:06 pm »

I think I've said enough on the subject to give you some idea but let me add this very last clarification on my part:

According to the gospel of John, before Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead he stopped in front of the the tomb ('It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.') and was moved to tears. Why? By now  the reader knows what Jesus is capable of. Because, as one prominent theologian of the Eastern Orthodox Church noted, Jesus faced his true enemy - death.

You won't get banned for speaking about your belief system or anything theistic. It's true that the majority of LHP'ers shun theistic-anything, however, that shouldn't impede you from proselytizing and extrapolating about it.

In a not so dissimilar fashion than this post of yours I quoted above, in the Herald of the Dawn (my belief system), we recognize the archetype Lucifer in its Platonic First Form as that of the Morning Star. Ancient myths place the Morningstar into the role of the attempted usurper who is defeated and becomes a ‘fallen’ deity. Thus, we in H☿D recognize our objective/physical self as that of our lesser self or the Fallen Lucifer to which we work towards destroying and creating a Mercuræn Self through the ashes, much like the Phoenix.

In simpler terms, we do not identify Lucifer with anything necessarily beneficial to us, similar to your take on Satan, but rather as what we are in terms of a lesser image of our greater self, degraded into an objective universe of duality.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Myhla

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2019, 07:36:15 pm »
I submit to no one; that is what makes me a 'Satanist,' if nothing else does.

There are a thousand other things I could add, but I won't.

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-founder | OSM Founder
  • Administrator
  • uab Nekhekhu (Priest of the Old Gods)
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2019, 05:44:07 pm »

You won't get banned for speaking about your belief system or anything theistic. It's true that the majority of LHP'ers shun theistic-anything, however, that shouldn't impede you from proselytizing and extrapolating about it.

In a not so dissimilar fashion than this post of yours I quoted above, in the Herald of the Dawn (my belief system), we recognize the archetype Lucifer in its Platonic First Form as that of the Morning Star. Ancient myths place the Morningstar into the role of the attempted usurper who is defeated and becomes a ‘fallen’ deity. Thus, we in H☿D recognize our objective/physical self as that of our lesser self or the Fallen Lucifer to which we work towards destroying and creating a Mercuræn Self through the ashes, much like the Phoenix.

In simpler terms, we do not identify Lucifer with anything necessarily beneficial to us, similar to your take on Satan, but rather as what we are in terms of a lesser image of our greater self, degraded into an objective universe of duality.

Herald of the Dawn is platonic? Today I learned...

"Do not try to make the sun rise by self-sacrifice,  but wait in confidence for the dawn, and enjoy the pleasure of the night."
- Crowley

Etu Malku

« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2019, 09:55:48 pm »

Herald of the Dawn is platonic? Today I learned...
Being that Platonic means: "(of love or friendship) intimate and affectionate but not sexual." I wouldn't say that H☿D is Platonic.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Liu

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2019, 01:38:54 pm »
And if you are having clinical depression you might benefit from some professional help for that.
No, it's an old foe called paranoid schizophrenia. Thanks for your overall consideration, though. No amount of philosophical argumentation has convinced proponents of my classification otherwise.
I just mentioned a book on synchronicity that also discusses how it relates to paranoia and schizophrenia: http://orderoftheserpent.org/forum/index.php?topic=96.msg10172#msg10172
If you are unhappy with your situation, it might help you to give it a read - I don't know you well enough to know whether it will help, but perhaps it will as it might help you to open up to how you can interpret your experiences in ways more beneficial for yourself.

Being that Platonic means: "(of love or friendship) intimate and affectionate but not sexual." I wouldn't say that H☿D is Platonic.
You might want to re-read your previous post, you used the term "platonic" there in a different meaning, talking about Lucifer's "Platonic First Form".