Author Topic: Would you follow a Satan similar to the one from christian mythos?  (Read 3716 times)

BillyGoat666

Re: Would you follow a Satan similar to the one from christian mythos?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2018, 08:49:16 pm »
Probz. I mean, I'm 40. I have half a life left I'm guessing. If the Abrahamic traditions are right, I could be punished by God for not believing Jesus was my Lord and Savior by going to hell for torture, believe in Jesus, go to Heaven and just sit in front of God on his throne praising him and saying, "Holy, Holy, Holy" all day, or I could join Satan, live how I please, and go to Hell when I die to chill with him and the "Demons" and torture failed Christians that God has condemned to Hell. I'll take C all day.
“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Myhla

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2019, 08:59:03 pm »
If an ineffably powerful being came down and in whatever way proved beyond a doubt that they were the "Satan" of Christianity and wanted your allegiance in war against Yahweh and the heavens, would you join him?

I don't think I would/could, for the following reasons:

One: That would go against the principle of Satanism itself, of having the knowledge and capability of freewill to choose between good and evil, to have the freedom to oppose servitude. I might wonder if it were really just a test.

Two: It would lend credibility to the Christian system, and thereby spark my intuitive common sense, making me wonder if it were (in fact) true after all; possibly giving me reason to turn to Christ wholeheartedly, realizing that the enemy is doomed to destruction.

Three: I might wonder if I were, in fact, just insane.

pseustes

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2019, 09:35:32 pm »
I worship Satan as understood by the Abrahamic religions (note: religion, not mythos). Also, for me God in the Abrahamic religions is not a demiurge, i.e. a bad guy, as interpreted in the Gnostic traditions. He is the ultimate Creator and he is good. And I have rejected him.

Etu Malku

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2019, 04:20:12 pm »
I worship Satan as understood by the Abrahamic religions (note: religion, not mythos). Also, for me God in the Abrahamic religions is not a demiurge, i.e. a bad guy, as interpreted in the Gnostic traditions. He is the ultimate Creator and he is good. And I have rejected him.
Why would you reject something (i.e. God) that you find to be 'good'?
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Inlustratus

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2019, 05:00:13 pm »

Please elaborate.
*scary satanic text*

pseustes

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2019, 06:01:46 pm »
God and Satan are polar opposites. One such pair of opposites is God = love, Satan = hate. Love is good, hate is bad, no? Now if I have more hatred than love inside me, a question arises whether to try to fight it or embrace it. Many philosophies and religions recommend the former even though most of us feel a lot of hatred many times during our lives. Another possibility is to acknowledge and embrace hate. This doesn't mean that you have to act it out, though. Or you may.

I have decided to follow Satan which among other things means acknowledging hate and not fighting it. Thus I reject God.

But this is just one of many reasons.

pseustes

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2019, 06:42:56 pm »
Please elaborate.
Elaborate what?

I must be careful with my choice of words because this forum refers to something called the Sinister Tradition and I don't want to be accused of promoting something outright dangerous.

I don't belong to any groups. I'd rather choose anything written by Lovecraft than let's say groups like ONA which produce unnecessarily dense and complicated theologies which nevertheless are probably complete fiction.

I also reject all the attempts to whitewash Theistic Satanism.

Satan and its demons are the scariest things there are so there is no need for you to be or act or look scary. I'm a man in my 50s so I'm beyond that already.

Some basic principles:
  • When you worship Satan, you are submitted to it, not the other way around.
  • You submit yourself to Satan when you make a pact with it.
  • The pact with Satan cannot be annulled.
  • After the pact you cannot control Satan, it owns you.
  • You cannot ask favors from Satan or from its demons, ever.

So what I get, you may ask. You have Satan, you are with it. It's not about empowerment, though, it's about enslavement.

Etu Malku

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2019, 02:56:44 am »
God and Satan are polar opposites. One such pair of opposites is God = love, Satan = hate. Love is good, hate is bad, no? Now if I have more hatred than love inside me, a question arises whether to try to fight it or embrace it. Many philosophies and religions recommend the former even though most of us feel a lot of hatred many times during our lives. Another possibility is to acknowledge and embrace hate. This doesn't mean that you have to act it out, though. Or you may.

I have decided to follow Satan which among other things means acknowledging hate and not fighting it. Thus I reject God.

But this is just one of many reasons.
I don't see God and Satan as polar opposites at all, even within the Abrahamic faiths. They are two separate things with their own unique meanings. Within Judaism Satan is either God's heavenly prosecutor, or is the associated with the words 'ha-satan' meaning 'the adversary'. In either case Satan is unable to act without God's permission. Nowhere is he in any sense a rival of or the opposite of God.

In Christianity and Islam, Satan was created by God as an angel who rebelled against God's demands, for various reasons depending on which faith and denomination you read. Again, Satan is not an opposite of God but rather an angel meant to serve and honor God. In both religions, Satan can be seen as the angel who would not 'bow' before Man when demanded to by God because either he (Satan/Iblis) was fully devoted to God alone and refused to bow to anyone else as in some Islamic sects, or that Satan as the Serpent in the Garden of Eden guiding Adam & Eve away from the Abrahamic god and His faiths which are the chains of spiritual oppression holding back Mankind from true liberation.

In Satanism, Satan takes on various functions. Theistic Satanism or spiritual Satanism is the umbrella term for religious beliefs that consider Satan as an objectively existing supernatural being or force worthy of supplication, with whom individuals may contact, convene and even praise, rather than him being just an archetype, symbol or idea as in LaVeyan Satanism.

The word 'Supplication' means the action of asking or begging for something earnestly or humbly", it deserves attention from the definition in that this is a key difference between Theistic and non-Theistic Satanism. Non-Theistic Satanism/Luciferianism has no supplication involved, does not believe in deities other than archetypal structures, or symbols.

For non-theistic Satanists, Satan comes to represent the symbol of a rebellious libertarian-style individuality and non-conformity. As a celebration rather than a condemnation of his humanity, a seemingly non-stop lust for imagination, exploration, and creativity.

As for Good & Evil, these are subjective terms as one man's good will be another man's evil.
To accept the idea that a God exists one would expect this God to embody pure goodness, and thus it would make sense to embrace this God. If you allow your Satanism to be defined by the Abrahamic faiths, then Satan is the embodiment of all that is evil in the world, and thus it would be a mistake to embrace Satan.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Etu Malku

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2019, 02:58:57 am »
Please elaborate.
Elaborate what?

I must be careful with my choice of words because this forum refers to something called the Sinister Tradition and I don't want to be accused of promoting something outright dangerous.

I don't belong to any groups. I'd rather choose anything written by Lovecraft than let's say groups like ONA which produce unnecessarily dense and complicated theologies which nevertheless are probably complete fiction.

I also reject all the attempts to whitewash Theistic Satanism.

Satan and its demons are the scariest things there are so there is no need for you to be or act or look scary. I'm a man in my 50s so I'm beyond that already.

Some basic principles:
  • When you worship Satan, you are submitted to it, not the other way around.
  • You submit yourself to Satan when you make a pact with it.
  • The pact with Satan cannot be annulled.
  • After the pact you cannot control Satan, it owns you.
  • You cannot ask favors from Satan or from its demons, ever.

So what I get, you may ask. You have Satan, you are with it. It's not about empowerment, though, it's about enslavement.
You seem to have a very Abrahamic view of Satan, I could not disagree more with you regarding this.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Inlustratus

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2019, 11:04:37 am »

Why follow him then?
*scary satanic text*

pseustes

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2019, 11:26:27 am »
You seem to have a very Abrahamic view of Satan, I could not disagree more with you regarding this.
There was a question in the original post. I answered yes. Disagree with all your might.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 11:47:30 am by pseustes »

pseustes

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2019, 11:32:29 am »
Why follow him then?
Because I can be with Satan.

Billions of people submit to various gods and/or ideas. I've made my choice.

pseustes

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2019, 11:43:19 am »
I don't see God and Satan as polar opposites at all...etc.
Nice summary but there was nothing new for me. I've read extensively on the subject: scholarly studies, views of various sects and philosophies etc.
If you allow your Satanism to be defined by the Abrahamic faiths, then Satan is the embodiment of all that is evil in the world, and thus it would be a mistake to embrace Satan.
I've done precisely that. Don't lose your sleep over it, though.

Inlustratus

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2019, 12:15:14 pm »
Because I can be with Satan.

But you just said that you're his slave. How are you with him?
*scary satanic text*

pseustes

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2019, 03:03:03 pm »
But you just said that you're his slave. How are you with him?
A slave can be with his/her master. What the bleep you are aiming at?