Author Topic: The former role of Set-Typhon in entheogenic processes  (Read 388 times)

mesubetesh

The former role of Set-Typhon in entheogenic processes
« on: May 18, 2018, 02:16:18 am »
Greetings fellow brothers,

Got this article at the "Fall of Man official discussion group" and decided to share with you guys.
Fantastic and absolutely unprecedented content.

https://archive.org/details/SetEntheogens
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:00:29 pm by mesubetesh »

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
Re: The former role of Set-Typhon in entheogenic processes
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 03:25:34 am »
This is all very interesting. My current question on this Acosmic path is if Order is shunned in its entirety? For example, in the Diabolicon we get this passage:

"Many works did we then pursue, and the cosmic mechanism was altered by evolution of the original and unique, whose design was our decision. All that we wrought did not prove beneficent, for we did not control the futures of our creations. We left untouched the great system of mathematical behavior that gave to us a Universal reference and language, but it was our ambition that no two things should be of single identity, and that no entity should lack conceptual essence independent of its substantial form."

In the text, Lucifer and his peers keep certain aspects of order in place under their own control. In other words they transcend order and choose which aspects to use. Is all order bad? Apep was attempting actually bring about non-existence, which includes existence of the Self. Is this the goal of Acosmic LHPs? If so I cannot say I agree, I simply do not want to be slaved to the order.

"My step is great, that I may traverse the sky."
- The Pyramid Texts

mesubetesh

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 02:43:20 pm »
This is all very interesting. My current question on this Acosmic path is if Order is shunned in its entirety? For example, in the Diabolicon we get this passage:

"Many works did we then pursue, and the cosmic mechanism was altered by evolution of the original and unique, whose design was our decision. All that we wrought did not prove beneficent, for we did not control the futures of our creations. We left untouched the great system of mathematical behavior that gave to us a Universal reference and language, but it was our ambition that no two things should be of single identity, and that no entity should lack conceptual essence independent of its substantial form."

In the text, Lucifer and his peers keep certain aspects of order in place under their own control. In other words they transcend order and choose which aspects to use. Is all order bad? Apep was attempting actually bring about non-existence, which includes existence of the Self. Is this the goal of Acosmic LHPs? If so I cannot say I agree, I simply do not want to be slaved to the order.

To completely avoid all order is to die enlightened. According to the acosmic tradition  it is impossible to avoid all order in life, since we are bound to space and time. The Self is viewed as a fragment, or a spark of the primeval chaos. The self is not annihilated when it comes to the acosmic path, but it returns to its primordial source of timelessness, limitlessness and unrestriction.

To annihilate the self is to fuel once again the wheel of causality.

mesubetesh

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 02:45:55 pm »
What is devoured by Apep is the Ego and all other patterns of slavery that are imprinted on our minds.

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 03:06:36 pm »
So the self continues, is it like an afterlife situation? Do we become gods of our own realm within chaos or something like that?

"My step is great, that I may traverse the sky."
- The Pyramid Texts

mesubetesh

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 03:20:53 pm »
So the self continues, is it like an afterlife situation? Do we become gods of our own realm within chaos or something like that?

The self leaves our earthly vessel an goes towards the fathomless primordial realm from which it came from (pleroma or ogdoad or "universe b" or "realm of chaos/Isfet).

"Gods of our own realms" is a valid perspective, since there are unhindered possibilities in such state.

mesubetesh

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 03:28:33 pm »
The acosmic path is infinite and multipolar.

The path does not deny that our world is permeated (in micro, meso and macro levels) by order, but it even deepens this to help the adept's search for freedom.

To quote Liber Isfet:

“What was exposed does not imply that all knowledge on this work totally excludes the other ways (the frail ways of order) in a senseless negation. Without knowing the limits, how could one transcend them? Without even know its chains, how could a slave free itself?”

NEMO 93

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 04:17:28 pm »
@mesubetesh has a tremendous understanding of this path and a way with words that I do not. I really couldn't say it with such simplicity and accurately.

In my experience, working with anticosmic forces is like peeling layers away from your self to reach that state within. You work though a lot of stuff you've been repressing in the process.

I'm not sure I would say universe b is the goal but rather a primordial source that spawned Universe A and Universe B. I personally identify Caos/Khaos with the theological perspective on Chaos found within one of the paradigms in Liber Null. 

mesubetesh

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 04:49:49 pm »
@mesubetesh has a tremendous understanding of this path and a way with words that I do not. I really couldn't say it with such simplicity and accurately.

In my experience, working with anticosmic forces is like peeling layers away from your self to reach that state within. You work though a lot of stuff you've been repressing in the process.

I'm not sure I would say universe b is the goal but rather a primordial source that spawned Universe A and Universe B. I personally identify Caos/Khaos with the theological perspective on Chaos found within one of the paradigms in Liber Null.

Thank you very much, brother.

Liber Null is another groundbreaking work, to magick and physics. I see universe B as the thoughtless light of the kaballah, that remained by itself. While universe A, is the thoughtful light, that coagulated into what we know as our material world.

Caos/Khaos can be identified with the state in which there was no distinction between the two universes, therefore you are right.

NEMO 93

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 01:11:53 am »
@mesubetesh  I'll have to get ponder on this whenever I finally work with qlipoth. For me, I see Universe A as our universe(tree of life, if we're going kabbalistic) and Universe B as a sort of anti-universe(Klippoth/dark matter) with Khaos being the thoughtless light that spawns both.

mesubetesh

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 03:19:04 pm »
@mesubetesh  I'll have to get ponder on this whenever I finally work with qlipoth. For me, I see Universe A as our universe(tree of life, if we're going kabbalistic) and Universe B as a sort of anti-universe(Klippoth/dark matter) with Khaos being the thoughtless light that spawns both.

That is what I believe too. Both spawned from chaos.

The difference is that, Universe A (as a taint or a bastard fruit of the infinity of possibilities) or the "She yesh bo mahshavah" coagulated into material world by its own will of sharing its essence. While universe B, as the original part of chaos in opposition to creation, the She-ein bo mahshavah, remained by itself and threatens to devour all into the primordial state of unity