Author Topic: Anticosmic Satanism & Qlipoth.  (Read 321 times)

NEMO 93

Anticosmic Satanism & Qlipoth.
« on: March 19, 2018, 11:46:38 pm »
I'm reading through Book of Sitra by N.A.-A 218, author of Liber Falxier, as well as Qlipothic and Goetic magic by Karrlson at the moment. Anticosmic LHP beliefs of every kind seem to be extremely influenced by Gnosticism. I'd urge anyone to take Anticosmic to imply destruction of the Microcosm. This is actually a key belief in Tyson's view of Enochian magick which is inherently linked to western occultism.

"In my opinion the apocalype...must be primarily an internal, spiritual event, and only in a secondary way an external catastrophe. The gates of the Watchtowers...are mental constructions, when they are opened, they will admit [Satan] not into the physical world but our subconcious minds...the apocalypse is a mental transformation that will occur, or is occuring within the collective unconcious of the human race.

If we were to look at the Gnostic interpretation of the Left-Hand Path then there would be a true God on the other side of the three veils. A lot of people like to view it as chaos, some as El, or some incredibly deep Gnostic concept I don't understand yet. Let's call him El for now.

When El entered into the world he remained concealed managed to manifest the demiurge who is YHVH in Kether. There's a theory that the qlipothic forces began to emerge when Geburah turned it's judgemental forces upward and decided to revolt against YHVH as he was an impure force. Every Satanist I know, whether theistic or athiestic such as laveyan, would be quick to point the story of adam and eve as God, or YHVH the demi-urge here, not wanting humankind to access knowledge possibly to control them. The Tree of Life was mentioned to be specifically in the center of the Garden of Eden but the Tree of Knowledge was never located. It was likely The Tree of Death that Adam and Eve ate from according to certain Kabbalistic interpretations by Rabbi.

The Tree of Death offers knowledge but a huge cost, the paradise found inside the Garden of Eden. According to certain Gnostic traditions, there were universes created before ours. One was a universe where the way only good but no one could prove their goodness and one that was only evil that didn't work out for obvious reasons so a universe that was created with both. This indicated a need for balance and the need for a tree of Death thus El manifested HVHY and the Qlipoth to oppose YHVH and destroy his enslaving order.

There are quite a few LHP that suggests three sacrifices of the self, that last being the God. This is the sacrafice of the human concept of God and Godhood therefore human limitations we place on it. The Qlipoth in many places are described as Anticosmic forces. Kenneth Grant compared them to a corrosive acid that would melt away any container it was held in. They're not forces to take lightly and they may very well bring about an apocalypse. As these forces oppose order, we can't say if the transformation they bring about will be good or bad. However, they will destroy influences imprinted on mankind by the demiurge YHVH freeing us from his slavery and offering us true knowledge. However, that knowledge may come with a heavy price, a very prominent theme in Lovecraft who inspired a similar kind of magical movement. A lot of people ask why a Satanist may reject the material world: because they value knowledge over it's price. Certain types of initation, whether LHP and RHP, bring about some events that are very negative in a material world. This is why it's important in Thelemic tradition to practice Goetia as a way to embrace the material to provide the support that we need to further our Will. But like the principle of the rune Fehu wealth needs to be spent and not hoarded, and to seek initation and knowledge puts your material walth at risk. 

Furthermore, as food for thought. If Gnostic Jesus came to earth from the source to liberate people from the demi-urge who he opposes he would be on the very same side of Satan! I don't mean to imply that the Jesus is Qlipothic in any way but he would at least be adversarial and Jesus was definitely a rebel. The idea of Jesus as a pacifist ignores that he flipped tables and chased people with whips. I wonder if ha-Satan could be Jesus' shadow much like Heru-Set?

Olive

Re: Anticosmic Satanism & Qlipoth.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 08:50:30 pm »
I've posted here before about how the Demiurge and his Adversary have been twisted up together, making discussions about Gnostic Satanism difficult to parse. Is Satan the Demiurge or the Serpent? Is a Gnostic Satanist one who serves the fallen God or one who opposes him? This is something that has to be clarified on a personal basis, and interpretations abound.

I've seen Gnostics refer to the Demiurge as Jehovah-Satan or simply YHVH. I incorporate a lot of Gnosticism into my practice, but for this reason I don't call myself a Satanist or call the force I ally myself with Satan. I am relatively anticosmic on a lot of days, so I don't want to make the mistake of glorifying my enemys name in my practice.

Unfortunately this leaves me relatively bereft of names for the true adversary. I am more in favor of a name like Lucifer, the light bringer - or even Kristos Lucifer. But as far as I know, these names, while on-theme, are late constructions.

YHVH, Samael the blind, The One, The All-Seeing Eye, Ha-Satan, Jehovah-Satan, Brahma, even Brahman in certain cases - all these I consider Demiurgic names.

Lucifer, Lilith, the Serpent, Kristos, Sophia, Ganesha, the Holy Spirit, The Highest and Hidden All-Father, The Graal, The Unmanifest, The Source, Void - all these I consider holy or adversarial names.

[In my Gnostic paradigm]

I recognize El as a powerful name, but at this point I'm not entirely sure which list it belongs to. On the one hand, it can refer to the Jewish God. On the other, I've seen it used to refer to the spirit and it's Angelic emanations. (They all bear it's name as father - Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, even Samael the blind.)

I considered it Demiurgic for a long time, but more recently I've come across signs that it may refer to an old Saturnian God, which may be more complex. I've even seen people break down Israel as Isis-Ra-El, that is, the Moon Goddess, The Sun God, and El, the Saturnian God. Could very well be apocryphal but still sort of interesting. Personally I'm still trying to figure out where this sits for me.

This is probably getting a bit tangential, but I do think understanding names can be important for conversations like this, especially when we are trying to tease apart centuries old concepts that have been twisted together for so long.

As for your comment about Jesus, definitely the New Testament is very Gnostic at times. Even after all this time of being diluted and watered down, it is still there. I don't fall into the camp of Gnostic christians who, while recognizing the creator as Demiurge, still claim that Yeshua is the most important human in history and the only way to the truth etc etc. I think he was highly realized and taught about the true heavenly Father and Mother and the spirit, but I'm not ready to call him the All-Father made flesh. I'm not even ready to call him the perfected one who was prophesied to reveal to mankind how to nurture and cultivate the spiritual seed/spark within us. I think someone like Shakyamuni Buddha has a stronger claim to that - but realistically there was never going to be just one man. Only the spirit, and those humans who by one means or another are able to return to the source and reclaim the hyperborean wisdom after the worshippers of the One manage to crush and destroy the proclaimers of the last manifestation of our Gnostic transmission.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:57:25 pm by Olive »
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Xepera maSet

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 03:36:15 am »
My rough take on Gnostic Satanism/Luciferianism is thus:

- There is a "true god" that all comes from, whether this is Chaos, Consciousness, The All, etc.

- Satan/Lucifer/Serpent is the messenger of this true god sent to liberate mankind from the world of matter.

- The Demiurge is the Solar deity, who sustains and creates the world of matter to limit individuals and cause them suffering. This may be vaguely conscious but the Demiurge is more comparable to Lovecraft's Azathoth and YogSothoth.

- Demons are underneath Satan/Lucifer/Serpent and and the side of the true god, and angels are underneath Jehova/Yahweh/El and attempting to enslave mankind.

To me, the Diabolicon is the closest thing to a "holy text" I'll ever have, and I really am only interested in the Statement of Satan Archdemon. It fits Gnosticism well with Chaos as the first god, Satan as the messenger, and El as the Demiurge.

CLEARING MY HEAD, WILL LIKELY RETURN

Olive

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 07:37:41 am »
That's a very lucid breakdown, Xepera - I relate to it quite a bit. Some Gnostics have a variation on it where they say the Demiurge was overthrown by his son, who now rules over this realm in his place. (Similar in a way to the Ancient Greek stories of Kronos and Zeus.) In this layout the fallen father is represented by Saturn, the Old Sun, which brings us back to that name - El, the Saturnian god. In antiquity Saturn was associated with Lead, which makes new sense in reference to his defeated state. This is admittedly somewhat flavored by Babylonian thinking but it is a point of interest mythologically speaking.

Despite that, I don't think it is wrong to associate the Demiurge and it's oppressive powers with the Sun, as its energy is quite sinister. Too refulgent by far to look upon - covered in gold that announces his self-proclaimed glory.

(What, then, would that make the moon?  ;) )

Satan/Lucifer/Serpent is usually related to Venusian energy; the planet is known as both the Morning Star and the Evening Star by turns- he who usurps the Demiurge's authority and reveals the divinity of the spirit. The ancients associated it with Copper: a mild and gentle metal that represents knowledge, harmony, and peace.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 08:05:26 am by Olive »
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

NEMO 93

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 03:28:55 pm »
After having read from the Book of Judas, I am going to have to guess there is sects of Christians that don't recognize Jesus as all-father made flesh either. I'm thinking that view on jesus might be symbolic in the way many occultists interpret the macrocosm/microcosm relationship for everyone.