Author Topic: Interview With A Black Magus  (Read 99 times)

Setamontet

Interview With A Black Magus
« on: April 15, 2018, 03:09:44 pm »
Daimonosophy 2.0 Episode 14, new interview with Don Webb - Second Magus of Xeper and High Priest Emeritus of the Temple of Set.

https://soundcloud.com/sakaki-4/episode-14-don-webb
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 05:42:04 pm by Setamontet »

"The Path of Darkness leads to Enlightenment."

Setamontet

Re: Interview With A Black Magus
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 06:00:58 pm »
I'll admit it, this new interview reminded me how much I still miss the Temple of Set, and that the day may come when I might decide to try to re-enter.  Either way, the Temple will always be a part of me.

I've always viewed the ToS and the LHP as a spiritual free market, there is a guarantee of equal rights and opportunity, but no guarantee of equal results - it is a spiritual meritocracy.  Whether you rise or fall, it all depends on what amount of energy and talent you have and are willing to put into the Great Work of Self-directed Self-evolution.  The Order of the Serpent is of the same way.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:30:01 pm by Setamontet »

Deidre

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 11:32:27 pm »
I'll admit it, this new interview reminded me how much I still miss the Temple of Set, and that the day may come when I might decide to try to re-enter.  Either way, the Temple will always be a part of me.

I've always viewed the ToS and the LHP as a spiritual free market, there is a guarantee of equal rights and opportunity, but no guarantee of equal results - it is a spiritual meritocracy.  Whether you rise or fall, it all depends on what amount of energy and talent you have and are willing to put into the Great Work of Self-directed Self-evolution.  The Order of the Serpent is of the same way.

So, the Order of the Serpent is your own order, and you can't also follow the Temple of Set? I guess I assumed you were still following the Temple of Set, but I could be confused.
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

Setamontet

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 06:04:54 pm »
So, the Order of the Serpent is your own order, and you can't also follow the Temple of Set? I guess I assumed you were still following the Temple of Set, but I could be confused.

I haven't been a member of the ToS for about 10 years, but I try to keep up to date on what their doing as best I can.  The ToS requires II*+ members to be dedicated to them alone when it comes to other LHP groups or schools of Initiation.  My dedication now is to the O.S..
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:13:53 pm by Setamontet »

Deidre

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 10:37:47 pm »

I haven't been a member of the ToS for about 10 years, but I try to keep up to date on what their doing as best I can.  The ToS requires II*+ members to be dedicated to them alone when it comes to other LHP groups or schools of Initiation.  My dedication now is to the O.S..
I think I'm finally ready to learn more. It's not that I put it off deliberately, life gets in the way of learning, sometimes. I admit, I've been ignorant, perhaps lumping in these two schools of thought...together.  :|

Setamontet

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 03:45:13 pm »
I think I'm finally ready to learn more. It's not that I put it off deliberately, life gets in the way of learning, sometimes. I admit, I've been ignorant, perhaps lumping in these two schools of thought...together.  :|

Deidre, I would like to know your understanding of your personal God, and the RHP and LHP.

Deidre

« Reply #6 on: Today at 12:24:28 am »

Deidre, I would like to know your understanding of your personal God, and the RHP and LHP.

My understanding is that he loves me, loves all of his creation. And I can communicate with him through prayer/meditation. The RHP and LHP seem somewhat opposed, yet at the same time, they seem like they could work together. LHP seems to be about discovering the dark paths within life, within us, and how to explore that to enlightenment...which isn't entirely off from the RHP, but the difference being that RHP teaches that dwelling in the darkness can lead to an unhealthy life, spiritually. In a way, I believe that the RHP and LHP can lead one to their best self, but in different ways.

Xepera maSet

« Reply #7 on: Today at 12:46:13 am »
The O.S. has no problem with members belonging to other groups. The ToS policy states a IIĀ° or higher initiate must not belong to other religious organizations. It has not come up yet in reality, but I would argue that the O.S. is not a "religious institution" at odds with the ToS, and that a ToS member violating ToS rules here would find a welcome in neither group.

Either way I am planning to apply to the ToS myself.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"Do we believe in Satan? The only thing that really matters is that he believes in us."
- A Nameless Ghoul