Author Topic: Zuckerberg Testimony  (Read 646 times)

pi_rameses

Zuckerberg Testimony
« on: April 10, 2018, 06:20:34 pm »
I'm currently watching the live testimony. My thoughts on it so far. This has been something that has been going on in his company for years. It will be interesting to see if anything of value comes out of the spectacle. I'm dubious that FB will change.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:23:04 pm by pi_rameses »
"Some say Kos, others Kosm.
As you did for the vacuous Rom,
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

-Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

Setamontet

Re: Zuckerberg Testimony
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 06:50:01 pm »
I doubt that I will ever set up a personal Facebook account.

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

pi_rameses

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 04:54:24 am »
Not getting on it to begin with is most likely the best policy. Seeing as I couldn't help myself, it's interesting to note the alternatives that seldom get noticed. Honestly, I have been thinking what it would look like if I didn't have FB or Google. Perhaps something like this:

Web Browser - Brave
Search Engine - Quant or DuckDuckGo
Email - ProtonMail
Video Hub - Dailymotion, Vidme or Bitchute
Social - Minds and Gab.ai
Messaging - LINE

Some of these I have already implemented but I'd say I'm no longer on the fence right now.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:17:03 pm by pi_rameses »
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

Setamontet

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 01:33:44 pm »
When my black metal project starts coming together more I'll probably set up a FB account for it.  I won't be using my real name in the account, but rather my "stage name" Dagon or Lord Dagon.

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

Sutekh

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 04:38:56 am »
Not getting on it to begin with is most likely the best policy. Seeing as I couldn't help myself, it's interesting to note the alternatives that seldom get noticed. Honestly, I have been thinking what it would look like if I didn't have FB or Google. Perhaps something like this:

Web Browser - Brave
Search Engine - Quant or DuckDuckGo
Email - ProtonMail
Video Hub - Dailymotion, Vidme or Bitchute
Social - Minds and Gab.ai
Messaging - LINE

Some of these I have already implemented but I'd say I'm no longer on the fence right now.

Generally, their are plenty of alternatives that is better than Facebook. Instagram for example, is the most popular social media app by sending in posts just like Facebook, except technically Facebook owns Instagram. But you also have many other things such as Snap Chat, though I wouldn't recommend getting the app.

But I would say that Instagram is much more fun to use, since they provide you with creativity when it comes to taking photos of things you love doing.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

pi_rameses

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 11:04:14 am »
@Sutekh I'd agree that Instagram is ok. And it is possible for a company to have more than one product - one of which you can't stand and another one that you can tolerate.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 12:12:05 pm by pi_rameses »
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."