Author Topic: Meditating in graveyards  (Read 219 times)

Kapalika

Meditating in graveyards
« on: April 05, 2018, 02:19:50 pm »
This is something I've wanted to do more of; there is a good selection of graveyards near where I live but there always seems to be a decent amount of activity around them.

The fear isn't about distraction, it's about avoiding questions, prying eyes ect. It's entirely possible to get in trouble for doing rituals or meditations in graveyards or at least come across a very upset family member. I'm not saying or suggesting I or anyone else has or should do anything illegal, although if you are there at night depending on where you live you may be trespassing.

I have some experience with meditating in graveyards, including a time or two where I was doing it quasi Aghori style (as much as legally possible!) with profound results.

I wonder if anyone else has meditated in graveyards. I've felt a pull to meditate more on, and be more involved with death and decay. This has been something brewing for a while. Meditating in graveyards I want to be a part of what I'm planning to do (the other involving a new altar dedicated to Kali).

At any rate, I plan to do a simple meditation tonight and will report back how it goes. Feel free to share any of your experiences or advice ect.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 02:23:03 pm by Kapalika »
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmācāra

"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Deidre

Re: Meditating in graveyards
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 02:35:32 am »
I'm interested to know how it went. It sounds thrilling, yet a little scary. I wonder if there will be a feeling of spirits around you, coming alive, so to speak?
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

Kapalika

Re: Meditating in graveyards
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 06:00:29 pm »
Oh shit. Well, I fell asleep at 6PM and forgot about it when I woke up in the middle of the night. My short term memory isn't the best always loosing stuff xD But I think it started to rain hard that night anyway? I don't really recall. It's been thunderstorms and some snow lately. I'll probably do it tonight, but make sue I do by leaving a note by my computer. I'll likely nap again before sundown and forget when I wake up if I don't.

But to preemptively answer, I don't normally feel spirits, at least nothing like ghosts. One time, I heard what seemed like Shiva give me advice, and another time something was there but I'm still not sure what. I don't really get the sense that many kinds of spirits are drawn to graveyards.

The most "ghost" like I've felt at a grave site... was right after the funeral. The last two I've been to were like that. But I think that had to do more with the 'ritual' of the ceremony and that we were all there not very long before. But I also believe, as I experienced n the case with my dog, that having the remains (a bone, ashes ect) nearby can help one access their spirit easier. I don't think this is because of an attachment to the body but more so it being a conduit because the living person feels closer to them when they have that thing. Before I lost it (somewhere in my house) my dog's tag did the same thing, and some spiritual items my grandmother gave me also serve a similar purpose.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmācāra

"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo