Author Topic: The essence of spirituality  (Read 345 times)

Deidre

Re: The essence of spirituality
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 04:44:04 pm »
Two examples of what I mean by one paradigm informing the next one.

I pretty much retain my exercise of virtue (defined classically as arete or excellence not the scholastic term) and dialectic, both of which found its way down from Platonism to Christianity as well as Setianism. I still use this dialectical method of talking or writing. And I need not refer any further than this post although you'll notice that in other posts.
What a cool find, your post, today! I have to be somewhere now, but want to come back to this later.

Not many people admit where their paths came from, they usually only pay homage to their final destination. :)
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

Deidre

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 12:05:46 am »

I pretty much retain my exercise of virtue (defined classically as arete or excellence not the scholastic term) and dialectic, both of which found its way down from Platonism to Christianity as well as Setianism. I still use this dialectical method of talking or writing. And I need not refer any further than this post although you'll notice that in other posts.
What a cool find, your post, today! I have to be somewhere now, but want to come back to this later.

Not many people admit where their paths came from, they usually only pay homage to their final destination. :)
Okay, so coming back to this, do you feel that without the prior steps in your path, that you wouldn't have been le to where you are, or do you feel that because of those paths led you precisely to where you are?
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

pi_rameses

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 01:48:08 am »

Okay, so coming back to this, do you feel that without the prior steps in your path, that you wouldn't have been le to where you are, or do you feel that because of those paths led you precisely to where you are?

Hard to say. It may have possibly been the case that I would have apprehended LHP principles by some other means or perhaps it would have been unlikely. I observed that it was different for others. So maybe. Maybe not. All I know is that it was the path that I traveled in the objective universe. So would I alter it in any other way? Not a chance. Although I may entertain how it may have occurred otherwise. I think I'd be horrified if it turned out there was no other way for me to have come across it other than the way I did. But it would seem more magical in that vein.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 01:23:57 pm by pi_rameses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

pi_rameses

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 06:37:54 pm »
Additionally, I also conceive how the Ordo Missae can be used as a model for ceremonial ritual as demonstrated in the Black Mass. Another example of taking from the objective universe that which one finds useful for the aggrandizement of the higher Self.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14