Author Topic: The essence of spirituality  (Read 1322 times)

Deidre

Re: The essence of spirituality
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 04:44:04 pm »
Two examples of what I mean by one paradigm informing the next one.

I pretty much retain my exercise of virtue (defined classically as arete or excellence not the scholastic term) and dialectic, both of which found its way down from Platonism to Christianity as well as Setianism. I still use this dialectical method of talking or writing. And I need not refer any further than this post although you'll notice that in other posts.
What a cool find, your post, today! I have to be somewhere now, but want to come back to this later.

Not many people admit where their paths came from, they usually only pay homage to their final destination. :)
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

Deidre

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 12:05:46 am »

I pretty much retain my exercise of virtue (defined classically as arete or excellence not the scholastic term) and dialectic, both of which found its way down from Platonism to Christianity as well as Setianism. I still use this dialectical method of talking or writing. And I need not refer any further than this post although you'll notice that in other posts.
What a cool find, your post, today! I have to be somewhere now, but want to come back to this later.

Not many people admit where their paths came from, they usually only pay homage to their final destination. :)
Okay, so coming back to this, do you feel that without the prior steps in your path, that you wouldn't have been le to where you are, or do you feel that because of those paths led you precisely to where you are?
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

pi_rameses

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 01:48:08 am »

Okay, so coming back to this, do you feel that without the prior steps in your path, that you wouldn't have been le to where you are, or do you feel that because of those paths led you precisely to where you are?

Hard to say. It may have possibly been the case that I would have apprehended LHP principles by some other means or perhaps it would have been unlikely. I observed that it was different for others. So maybe. Maybe not. All I know is that it was the path that I traveled in the objective universe. So would I alter it in any other way? Not a chance. Although I may entertain how it may have occurred otherwise. I think I'd be horrified if it turned out there was no other way for me to have come across it other than the way I did. But it would seem more magical in that vein.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 01:23:57 pm by pi_rameses »
Master Willem was right. Evolution without courage will be the ruin of our race.
-Lawrence

pi_rameses

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 06:37:54 pm »
Additionally, I also conceive how the Ordo Missae can be used as a model for ceremonial ritual as demonstrated in the Black Mass. Another example of taking from the objective universe that which one finds useful for the aggrandizement of the higher Self.
Master Willem was right. Evolution without courage will be the ruin of our race.
-Lawrence

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 03:39:21 am »
I myself like labels because they help me categorize things and it empowers me. It doesn't matter if anyone else knows wtf a Setian is, it matters to me knowing that this is the path and the deity I am most devoted to. In other words it is mostly for me, and then comes in handy during philosophical or theological discussions. However, I do agree that there are underlying truths in all religions. I, unsurprisingly for a Setian, compare this to the constellations of the nigh sky. Different cultures saw different shapes and stories in the stars, but they were still observing the same objectively existent stars and cosmic events.

"The Dragon became as a many-headed Serpent,
It's fiery tongues bearing forth speech
Into all the kingoms of the Earth."

My book, "Behold: the Prince of Darkness!": https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1726037460/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_1726037460

None

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2018, 07:51:09 am »
@Deidre I tend to agree with your post. As you know, I went from Catholic to Pyrrhonian sceptic to Setian. And each prior belief (or lack therof in the case of Pyrrhonism) informs the next one. I'm excited for what the future holds.

Interesting bit of synchronicity: I saw this video yesterday and it reminded me of a bio I wrote.

This is so beautiful I just registered and named my username after what she calls herself in this video: a “None”.

This is so my first post ever.

Have been lost in egoic thought drawing parallels between many different religious beliefs for sometime, but have always found myself more on the skeptical agnostic point of view. I found this site by trying to understand the logical theistic and atheistic argument for Satanism, lucifer, demons... do they have a point? Perhaps are they right?

What I have found by hearing much about looking inward and keeping an open mind reading many of the posts on here the past few days and finally registering to post for the first time just now, is that we are all both different and the same inside. That balance is key. That true will and individuality is also a path to unification and spirituality.

Forgive me if I sound like I’m contradicting myself, I’m quite naive when it comes to the terminology, having never read a bible or conformed to a religion before. But I have regarded myself as an artist for most of my life, and always felt some level of spiritualism attached to the creation of art, even in my most most aethestic of days.

Anyways, thank you for sharing this video and I’m very grateful to have found this community here and to be able to read and share and listen to all of you with such open mindedness towards belief. .

Kapalika

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 09:18:13 am »
That balance is key. That true will and individuality is also a path to unification and spirituality.

Pretty much. Sometimes people try to make these mutually exclusive but you can come to one or the other by either direction.

As an artist I also find a lot of spirituality in art... for me, music in a way is a lot like magic. Sometimes, I feel closest to the things I consider sacred when I'm meditating, only conscious and aware of music I'vet set for that purpose. Psychedelic trance, particularly the stuff in the vein of older styles (Goa) are amazing for this, not so much the newer progressive styles.

Anyways it's as if I become one with the music, and in that moment I'm stuck in my mind, which is the oscillations and vibrations, which is mirroring the Universe. And I'm everything at once, but also, as one awareness I'm aware that I'm me.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmācāra

"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

pi_rameses

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 12:41:20 am »
@Deidre I tend to agree with your post. As you know, I went from Catholic to Pyrrhonian sceptic to Setian. And each prior belief (or lack therof in the case of Pyrrhonism) informs the next one. I'm excited for what the future holds.

Interesting bit of synchronicity: I saw this video yesterday and it reminded me of a bio I wrote.

This is so beautiful I just registered and named my username after what she calls herself in this video: a “None”.

This is so my first post ever.

Have been lost in egoic thought drawing parallels between many different religious beliefs for sometime, but have always found myself more on the skeptical agnostic point of view. I found this site by trying to understand the logical theistic and atheistic argument for Satanism, lucifer, demons... do they have a point? Perhaps are they right?

What I have found by hearing much about looking inward and keeping an open mind reading many of the posts on here the past few days and finally registering to post for the first time just now, is that we are all both different and the same inside. That balance is key. That true will and individuality is also a path to unification and spirituality.

Forgive me if I sound like I’m contradicting myself, I’m quite naive when it comes to the terminology, having never read a bible or conformed to a religion before. But I have regarded myself as an artist for most of my life, and always felt some level of spiritualism attached to the creation of art, even in my most most aethestic of days.

Anyways, thank you for sharing this video and I’m very grateful to have found this community here and to be able to read and share and listen to all of you with such open mindedness towards belief. .

Welcome @None and glad you can relate to it.
-Lawrence