Author Topic: King Mob- Journal II  (Read 736 times)

NEMO 93

King Mob- Journal II
« on: March 12, 2018, 03:33:24 am »
I had deleted past journal thread for reasons, I don't like to amass too much personal information in one thread.

But I just had to posted with how delighted I've come with my blapshemy lately, of basically everything single tradition I used. Working within the Nordic system? Okay but I'm siding with the Thursatru philosophy. So I'm anticosmic? Alright, well I'm gonna take some buddhist philosophy and praxis. Alright well, that's actually a good idea for foundation and doesn't invalidate your focus on Norse for sorcery rule. Nope, read that Slavic middle path book you have to learn how to reconcile both practice. Alright will that might be beneficial and not too different- and pre-order that new anticosmic egpytian book coming out.

It's pretty much EVERYTHING people complain about in Westerner's syncretic magic but part of the fun of your own path, especially in chaos magick, is creating a unique paradigm and sorcery style. I compare it to Bruce Lee's Jet Kune Do philosophy. Understand the philosophy of other beliefs than strip it of everything but the practical, it takes a lot of work but it's very rewarding when it begins to come together nicely.

NEMO 93

Re: King Mob- Journal II
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 08:27:03 pm »
Today’s been a pretty great day for me.  :mrgreen:

I’m honored to now be an O:.S:. Administrator! In addition to this, I have been accepted into the Dragon Rouge. It will not effect my participation is with the  O:.S:. as there are no bylaws or responsibilities preventing me. Also, any writings I do will still be published only in TIS. It’s simply another place for me learn and I feel a structured curriculum is to my best benefit at the moment.

Frater Sisyphus

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 10:00:35 pm »
Congratulation King Mob on the admin position! It's pretty awesome  8)

I've never heard of Ordo Draconis et Atri Adamantis before but best with it! It would feel great to be accepted into an order!
(Personally I don't have much of an interest for 'orders', although I have participated and attended various OTO events - like the Gnostic Mass and public conferences and discussion groups. I have also studied a lot of various curriculum from Golden Dawn to A∴A∴ to etc etc)

The Jet Kune Do method you describe is a useful thing in comparative religion too. It's an area where you begin to see very clearly how different systems of doctrine, dogma and/or of practice are not only more similar than you'd realize but also sometimes helpful to incorporate (which I think most of us here do anyway to an extent).
When you do it on yourself though, is where things become really interesting  :D (I've examined the skeleton of Thelema before, for instance)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:09:24 pm by Frater Sisyphus »

NEMO 93

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 02:50:37 am »
Thank you! It was pretty great to wake up to the admin offer alone not to mention that and the acceptance.

I'm very typically anti-order as well although I wouldn't mind in participating in OTO events like that. I've studied A:.A:. curricilum on my own for a couple years too and feel pretty knowledgable within that whole system but I'm trying to explore a different paradigm now.

I've had my eye on Dragon Rouge for a while. I have a few reservations but my main draw is that while the iniatory tracts do provide structure and guidance, ALOT of it is left to the individual more-so than other order systems. One even creates their own initiatory rights. As I'm in America and not Sweden, I'd be more of an affilate(and can do the 0 and 1st degree programs on my own) with access to the forum and newsletter. It was founded by Thomas Karllson who's a pretty well known and respected occult author and I do a lot of work in Draconian currents.

I love comparative religion for the reason I mentioned. There was a good CNN show called Believer that attempted to do just that with fringe religions.

NEMO 93

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 08:24:15 pm »
I've been working on my first article for The Imperishable Star volume IV this week and I'm really enjoying it. It's entitled Liber Draconis: The Acosmic Path of the Serpent.

While it's a bit post-modern with heavy influences from other acosmic philosophies and references to other texts, it's still my own unique take on it. I don't think anyone's ever combined Albert Camus' Absurdism with Acosmic or Anticosmic philosophy before and I'm making great effort to strip the edginess and nihilism away from it to create a more practical introduction to it. My biggest complaint with anticosmic and acosmic texts is there need for dark atmosphere makes the philosophy incredibly obtuse to the point of even seeming like immature LARPing.

It's actually become a ritual for me to cement my current paradigm not only organizing it into a coherent system but to also manifest in a physical form.

Blackwulf

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 03:05:00 am »
Congratulations on the admission to Dragon Rouge and becoming a moderator.  I have read and worked with the Uthark.  I have gotten a copy of Gullveigarbok, very interesting so far and I can understand the source points on most of it, but I am not going to comment more on it until I have finished it and digested it a bit.   
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 03:30:04 am by Blackwulf »

NEMO 93

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 04:46:36 am »
@Blackwulf  Thank you! I've yet to read it, I just got my copy.

Oh, I love Gullveigarbok. A combination of Grant Morrison's Nameless and Gullveigarbok is what transferred me to Left-Hand Path. Did you get the original edition from fallofman or the edited and republished version featured on Ixaxaar? I'm not quite the difference though I'm aware of it. I certainly favor Ekortu's interpretation of Gullveig and like his arguments. I'm excited to hear your thoughts when you're ready!

If you enjoyed Gullveigarbok, I highly recommend Loki as well, the second volume in the Thursakyngi series. Honestly, I probably work with the Loki book more in practice.

NEMO 93

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 01:25:27 am »
Hey guys, I'll be gone for a week or so while I make up college work.

Frater Sisyphus

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 03:59:20 am »
Best, King Mob!  :)

NEMO 93

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 05:33:52 am »
@Frater Sisyphus

Thanks! I've been out sick on and off a few weeks and it's really interuppted my flow and put me behind. Luckily, I have a tudor for French and did a chaos magick pop culture ritual for will power. I'm gonna try to catch up with one course tonight but I also have to get up early.

It's a shame because there's a lot of interesting threads and I've noticed it's a lot more active.

I might be on here and there depending on how fast I get everything done.

NEMO 93

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 09:40:00 am »
I'm just about caught up in everything.  :)

I don't think I did too well on my french test.  :(

I just have to finish catching up in French and I should be good.

I have mid-term and a research paper to write this coming week and the week after, however.

So that means I should be slowly becoming more active.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 09:41:45 am by King Mob »

NEMO 93

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 07:44:59 pm »
I'm back, school is over in a couple weeks.

A recent experience may have led end of a recent ordeal that was preventing interactions from others as well.

My old magical name is no longer relevant so I have chose a different name, I'll be writing articles and participating under NEMO 93 now (although I wish my articles written before today still be published under the former magical name.)

I hope everyone is doing well!

Olive

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 11:55:47 pm »
Congratulations on the change. It's amazing how much power is in a name... no one understands this until they have truly named themselves, don't you agree?

May this new direction allow you to reach ever greater heights of the soul.
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

NEMO 93

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 11:17:28 pm »
@Olive I definitely agree. I also took my name from a character in a hypersigil as well so there's baggage in that name.

I feel like everything else, names of a light and a shadow as well. The shadow-side of the name wss getting to strong so I banished it and chose a new one.

Hopefully this one will serve me better.