Author Topic: How often do you perform rituals?  (Read 113 times)

Frater Gaster

How often do you perform rituals?
« on: January 26, 2018, 11:36:06 am »
How often do you perform rituals approximately? Or, if you're into direct magick (vampirism, healing, etc) how often do you practice / perform it?
"I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run."

- Odin

Xepera maSet

Re: How often do you perform rituals?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 03:08:55 pm »
I basically never do any kind of ritual or ceremonial magic.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"The Degradation of the Great Bear, Draco, and other types of eternity,
 proved to be the creation of Hell."
- Kenneth Grant

Olive

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 04:36:33 pm »
I perform simple natural rituals in my circle almost daily, but it is nothing you would be impressed to see. Most of the heavy lifting is done internally.

I do more elaborate ritual magic under the full moon of each cycle. Beyond this my ceremonial workings are on a as-needed basis. Other parts of my practice occasionally incorporate ritualistic elements but they are not totally necessary.

As far as direct magick, I try to create a healing atmosphere for everyone I interact with directly. I don't go in much for vampirism, though. There are too many energy vampires out here already honestly. I just take precautions to protect myself from them.

Liu

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 05:30:09 pm »
To me, spontaneous devotional "rituals" without structure or real goal come much more naturally than rituals with a magick purpose. The devotional kind I do like every day (often just short prayers, sometimes much more lengthy stuff).

But haven't even done much active meditating recently, mainly due to health reasons.

The only other kinds of kinda spiritual rituals I currently do regularly are "meditations" on goal-setting, and a daily single-card Tarot reading.

I also sometimes do self-work via guided trances, and do general mindfulness-practices whenever I think of doing so.

On one side I kinda feel third-eye-blind anyway in regards to direct magick - if something like this, that is supposed to have a semi-immediate effect, at best gives me headaches, what use can it be? On the other I know that I'm a beginner with much too less practice who doesn't even really know where to start and is struggling with his tendency to immediately dismiss anything possibly paranormal as bullshit.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:32:50 pm by Liu »

King Mob

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 11:36:55 pm »
@Liu  you'll get the hang of it, I was in your shoes in what feels like yesterday when I started out then I went too far in the other direction and am more or less recentering now.

Wow, this is an incredibly hard question to answer. How would you define ritual? Does it have to be an intentional ritual? Is something as small as declaring something would happen a ritual? What about ritual prep time?

I'm trying to find myself again, magically and artistically. According to my need and intuition is my ritual time. I find in a lot of ways, I don't need to do rituals so much as I need to follow synchronicities for things to fall into place. However, if you're doing this then you can see the aspect of your life related to synchronicity as one big ritual, could you not? On the other hand, I need small rituals more than ever in order to find a ritual style that works when it comes to need.

My synchronicity side is ever present lately and everything is tying into one another in a most beautiful way. I am not having as much time to make way for smaller rituals, but I'm trying to set aside some time to develop a new spiritual life now built out of the ashes of what remains left over.
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Onyx

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 01:07:11 pm »
It varies a lot. I try not to rush GBM, and plan ahead for formal workings (especially operative ones). Often I will simply meditate on the Black Flame, a more direct approach, especially if I'm already in the proper mindset. In either case, I wait until I'm inspired instead of forcing it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:58:49 pm by Onyx »
Never again will I follow, I will choose my own path.

Frater Sisyphus

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 11:47:09 pm »
It depends, if we're talking on a regular basis; most days I do a LBROTP followed by some meditation.

At different points when I've had a partner, I've tried to get them to help me with tantra/sex magick but it's not something that comes (or needs to) along on a regular basis, much like astral projection (which I only do occasionally)

On one hand, planned ritual and structure are things I strive to keep in my path of transformation (as they are psychologically really powerful tools) but then they're not the only important aspect of magic.

I know rituals are part of balance* between the intellectual, emotional and the spiritual. However, I can't say if I have that balance yet.

*the balance between taking stuff in (mind) and bringing stuff out (body), basically. Manifesting stuff at the same time as learning stuff.

93/93
Namaste

Frater Sisyphus

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 11:49:49 pm »
I don't need to do rituals so much as I need to follow synchronicities for things to fall into place.

This is very often the case for me too

93/93
Namaste