Author Topic: Ever curse somebody for a petty reason before?  (Read 515 times)

NEMO 93

Ever curse somebody for a petty reason before?
« on: February 23, 2018, 06:35:47 pm »
I'm usually not a petty person, and I actually avoid curses. I generally don't have a reason to. But one of my colleagues caught me in a really bad mood, and irked me, because of their personality and how we interact at times when I already have a bit of stress now.

I feel like kind of a dick because I'm friends with him outside of this but I do have a strong dose of misanthropy that going to school with a lot of *younger* people than me generally evokes because of differing levels of maturity and I can't help but to think "I'm a little salty right now and you're young and inexperienced and it'd probably be a good learning experience for you."

Probably won't do it as we get along outside a few minor annoyances but man, I didn't realize I could be so petty. It's odd as I'm generally someone who avoids baneful magick.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 05:47:57 pm by pi_rameses »

pi_rameses

Re: Ever curse somebody for a petty reason before?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 05:58:20 pm »
Although it's not how I'd describe baneful magick, I find it curious how you framed it as something that could be of benefit to the target and not just the caster. At any given time, I feel it best to abstain from my initial impulses and only execute actions after some careful consideration. There is a joke around here that we don't live in the city that we reside. Rather, in Pettyville because much of what is seen seems much ado about nothing or quite superficial. Even worse is that often we know it and map more meaning towards it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:41:27 am by pi_rameses »
"Some say Kos, others Kosm.
As you did for the vacuous Rom,
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

-Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

Onyx

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 07:25:41 pm »
I think the key here is focused intent. It should be possible to curse their annoying actions in an effort to prevent them from being directed at you, without actually causing any real harm to the perpetrator. But I wouldn't view that in terms of helping anyone but yourself.

Mindmaster

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 03:47:58 am »
I think the key here is focused intent. It should be possible to curse their annoying actions in an effort to prevent them from being directed at you, without actually causing any real harm to the perpetrator. But I wouldn't view that in terms of helping anyone but yourself.

We could argue that in many ways living is its own curse, most people have the capacity to screw themselves up enough without any help. The pattern seems to be we don't get what we want unless we're lucky. The success of a curse then would seem to be profitable most of the time whether or not we acted, so are we merely pandering to our own confirmation bases in this case? :D

NEMO 93

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 03:02:22 pm »
I'm removed from the pettiness now and didn't do it as I really don't do baneful magick without good reason.

I still think baneful magic can be at the benefit of others. My reasoning is if you stop assigning negative and positive to experiences, experiences generally considered negative could be a learning and growing experience that builds character.

Saying intent is key is a pretty good idea to make it less random and more focused on the traits that could use a bit of growth rather than general person.

Of course I agree with everyone here in that you have to be careful because it's really easy to justify anything even though you probably shouldn't.

pi_rameses

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 03:14:27 pm »
Ok. Got it.
"Some say Kos, others Kosm.
As you did for the vacuous Rom,
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

-Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

Deidre

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 03:50:06 pm »
I’ve never done this but many “petty” incidents that upset us stem from our ego being disrupted, I’ve found. If we can somehow in a heated moment, separate ourselves from our egos, we might refrain from cursing others.

And a few days can do wonders for the mind. I try not to react anymore in the instant someone upsets me. After a few days, it’s not that what they’ve done doesn’t matter, but they don’t.

I’ve discovered that thinking this way can help me in these situations.
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

Kapalika

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 05:33:25 pm »
One time it could be seen as such. But it was a Christian pastor being toxic as fuck and cancerous saying all kinds of hateful shit and claiming SRA type of shit right to my face.

I met him at the park.

Fucking hated that scum bag.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 07:42:04 pm by pi_rameses »
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo