Author Topic: What do you do when your magick hits a roadblock?  (Read 440 times)

NEMO 93

What do you do when your magick hits a roadblock?
« on: January 13, 2018, 03:05:01 am »
I'm at a loss, none of my enchantments are working.

I can do divinations with a 90 percent accuracy if I had to estimate, and my invocations seem to work. But I can't get any of my enchantments to work. Not regular ones, not evocations, the last successed I had were King Paimon which was great but none of the other Goetics are working for me thus far. Well, the jury's still out on one. Fingers crossed he comes through, I'll know by tuesday. Even my own spells and sigils aren't seemingly working. I used to great at this kind of thing but I don't know, I miss being able to effect the world and write my own reality/life to some extent.

Any advice?

Mindmaster

Re: What do you do when your magick hits a roadblock?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 06:20:20 am »
My guess is this sort of starts and ends with you, personally.

Often we have a need to just do things in the real world for the enjoyment of the voyage so to speak, and it might just be that. I've had some personal workings not take effect because I was so personally involved in micro-managing the aspects in the real world that the magic didn't need to work, so to speak. I loosely refer to this as "agency" in that the more that you are personally responsible for how things will go down the less the universe needs to interfere with the natural course. So it's typically not so productive to work your magic on things where you have complete control, but where there are many unknowns or uncertainties that are factors. Also, there are lessons we must all learn and the struggle may be a learning process, you will find your magic acts will not shape these sort of destiny-type experiences at all. There are things we are all put here to figure out, and if it's some sort of soul-learning type situation you will find you cannot cheat the test. The only way to get around that is to determine that is the case by getting in touch with your inner self a great deal and attempting to be receptive to the inner prompts of your intuition to guide you. It's important also to know that while divination can be useful guides, you can actually alter the results directly through your desire or failure to accept the information provided. It is a lesson we must all learn the hard way, unfortunately. :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:22:36 am by Mindmaster »

NEMO 93

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 10:10:24 am »
Yeah, I had that trouble with divination in the past and I've mainly learned from it. I've gotten in touch with my inner self but I think I need to learn to recognize when it's speaking to me. I've found lately that my deep soulful longings have ended up pointing me to where I need to go completely by accident- and its always improptu synchronicity that brings that wonderful feeling of magick that has things go completely right.

I need to give some thought to that destiny thing- it could be at play depending on how life precedes but also, I think im putting WAY too short of a time limit on it as well as not actually being passionate about it like I used to. I need to fix those if I want my enchantments to work.

I just finished reading Octavo and that helped me sort of shift a new paradigm that I really want to try out.

I also completely re-invented my magickal style, in multiple ways, by making it a art project in a manic frenzy and using a new paradigm. I think I'm going to expiriment more in enchantments. Again, I feel like I'm kind of getting in touch with my true self/magickal self's style of enchantment as well.

Still even though it's a personal question, how do you guys shake things up when it stops working? Scientific tests? Following your gut? Paradigm shifting?

Ave Lucifugus

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 05:31:15 pm »
Take a breather. Then come back to magic with full force. During the preparation of the ritual, and during the ritual itself, take on the mentality that you are omnipotent. That you can do anything, that you can manifest your desires easily. Then, as you already know, pretend as if your desire has already manifested. Do something that's interactive but unrelated to magic.

Mindmaster

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 09:02:37 pm »
Still even though it's a personal question, how do you guys shake things up when it stops working? Scientific tests? Following your gut? Paradigm shifting?

I've had it be something as simple as just needing to be out in the wild more, so to speak. Less online time, more outdoor time, more socialization in real life... Truly the real problems of the modern age... :D Anyway, I recommend at least that you get yourself out and about in some way it'll give your inner promptings some way to communicate because you aren't so busy cramming your head with mental static. Find things to do that calm/clear your mind and relax you, basically. Only you will know what that is, but they will help... Also, I tend to do a lot of historical studying during these times (I actually enjoy reading, and can relax my mind a bit doing that...)

It took me a long time to learn about the fated patterns or destiny things, that's not even stuff I've read much about. (It is not typically the interpretation of Pagans or Western Occultists, usually they're all on the Karma or True Will business.) That's all been trial and error for me, there are just fences along your pathway that you cannot move past because they are something your soul is basically here to learn - it doesn't have the solution, needs one, and you need to conquer it. For the rest, the macrocosm is willing to give you anything you need - but it in that particular case what you need is the solving of the problem, for the evolution of the self. That's why there is "no cheating" as I've stated before... It takes a lot to figure out what these obstacles may be, but it is worth it in the end - mostly they manifest in things you can look back throughout your life and analyze, a little thought to the patterns in your life can help you determine where you have been running on a treadmill, in most cases, so to speak.

Also, it's important to know that your ability to do magic is basically at the whim of your "higher consciousness" and if you are moving away from things it supports (for lack of a better definition) these problems do occur. It knows things like why you're here, what you need to learn, and most of all its own capabilities. Establishing the line of communication to that end can help, can improve the intuition, and also provide insight on when magical efforts would be fruitless. It's perhaps better to think of the "I" as a team, and the better the various divisions of our consciousness work the easier it is to get magical things done. Anyway, you can't hurt anything with that sort of self-alignment, you will only profit. :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:05:21 pm by Mindmaster »

crossfire

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 09:45:02 pm »
In my opinion, the most wonderous workings are the ones that you don't recognize the effect until long after it has firmly taken root. :)

edit to add:  those also are actually the ones to cause permanent transformation instead of temporary effect, so they are the most powerful, imo.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:53:21 pm by crossfire »
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
~Carl Jung

Mindmaster

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 12:45:32 am »
In my opinion, the most wonderous workings are the ones that you don't recognize the effect until long after it has firmly taken root. :)

edit to add:  those also are actually the ones to cause permanent transformation instead of temporary effect, so they are the most powerful, imo.

The most frustrating thing I've had happen is that it was working, but I didn't know it. I wasn't seeing the results that I desired the most, but rather another solution was provided. Someone would state that this of course is unintended results, or I did something wrong maybe... But, actually it worked out better for me in terms of saved time and aggravation. It's really hard to quantify these things without doing the math much later...