Author Topic: So I am thinking of getting a tattoo in the future  (Read 360 times)

Sutekh

So I am thinking of getting a tattoo in the future
« on: January 10, 2018, 05:38:51 am »
I have been lately thinking about getting a tattoo for the future when I am perhaps in my mid or maybe early twenties, depending if I choose to join FreeMasonry.

I am still thinking this through which to me isn't any rush. However I have a few questions on getting a tattoo from an artist? From most of the videos that Iv'e seen, they say that artists tend to have a liking for a reference of similarity of their design to yours, If I am correct?

I know that it goes against an Artist ethical side of copying another's tattoo design, which I will never bring up if I ever come face to face with an artist.

My question is this, if I plan on getting a Masonic Symbol or a Bands name? Would it be best to print out an image online and show it to an artist? So that way the artist knows more of what I want put on? Hopefully if I give them a printed image they might give me some good advice before starting.

I also know that before one gets a tattoo they should research an Artist that does good quality instead of cheap.  I would like some feedback from those that have gotten tattoos :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:43:45 am by Sutekh »
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Xepera maSet

Re: So I am thinking of getting a tattoo in the future
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 01:35:00 pm »
All my tattoos are exactly what I brought in, including the errors I didn't notice so be careful! If you know what you want specifically bring in the image or have someone you know maybe design it (@onyx actually designed my last tattoo). If you just have a general idea, bring in a few examples for the artist to see.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

The stars don't tell the future, Donkey.
They tell stories.
- Shrek

Xepera maSet

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 01:38:33 pm »
As for cost my minimum has usually been $60 I think. That was just the lowest they charged for my simplest tattoo, though I've known artists who've given back some money or even thrown in very small but free tattoos. Always cash for tattoos, and go with enough for a good tip. My biggest tattoo was $100 down and after the guy decided that was enough and didn't even charge me more, so I gave him a crazy tip haha.

They tell stories.
- Shrek

Sutekh

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:52:39 pm »
If you just have a general idea, bring in a few examples for the artist to see.

Which I am guessing are online images as these examples.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Xepera maSet

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 11:28:40 pm »
Either that, your artwork, or someone else's.

They tell stories.
- Shrek

Xepera maSet

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 11:32:26 pm »
@Onyx might have my rambling notes on my Set tattoo still.

They tell stories.
- Shrek

Sutekh

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 03:20:08 am »
Always cash for tattoos, and go with enough for a good tip.

Ah, at first I was thinking about using a credit card as an alternative.

Onyx

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 04:27:40 am »
The guys I've gone to have an ATM machine right next to the counter, a not-so-subtle hint that they only take cash.  :mrgreen:

Arise thus in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being, for I am the same – I who am the Highest of Life.

Xepera maSet

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 04:31:03 pm »
Yep, I haven't seen a parlor without an ATM. One with a fee of course ;).

They tell stories.
- Shrek