Author Topic: "I created the material universe so I could define myself." - Prince of Darkness  (Read 1228 times)

Xepera maSet

How goes your project?
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"The Degradation of the Great Bear, Draco, and other types of eternity,
 proved to be the creation of Hell."
- Kenneth Grant

pi_rameses

I think I've sufficiently reviewed logic so I'm still at the stage of restating Kastrup's presuppositions and facts as normal propositions.

Also forgot to mention this resource that I came across: https://jdkato.github.io/2016/09/09/tombstonejs-a-propositional-logic-library.html

I see the potential of turning this project into a program to calculate validity and soundness of logical propositions from premises to conclusions, much like Tombstone.js. There are some further works or directions mentioned there also. Very exciting. Good groundwork.

As an automated process, I envision it being able to solve problems such as this link, which is normally done by hand:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43091653/translation-to-predicate-logic-with-lexicon
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:31:23 am by pi_ramesses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Xepera maSet

Check this out, thanks to @crossfire for mentioning process philosophy.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/actual_occasions

- Kenneth Grant

Xepera maSet

I think this process philosophy is the key.

"Process philosophy is characterized by an attempt to reconcile the diverse intuitions found in human experience (such as religious, scientific, and aesthetic) into a coherent holistic scheme. Process philosophy seeks a return to a neo-classical realism that avoids subjectivism. This reconciliation of the intuitions of objectivity and subjectivity, with a concern for scientific findings, produces the explicitly metaphysical speculation that the world, at its most fundamental level, is made up of momentary events of experience rather than enduring material substances. Process philosophy speculates that these momentary events, called “actual occasions” or “actual entities,” are essentially self-determining, experiential, and internally related to each other.

Actual occasions correspond to electrons and sub-atomic particles, but also to human persons. The human person is a society of billions of these occasions (that is, the body), which is organized and coordinated by a single dominant occasion (that is, the mind). Thus, process philosophy avoids a strict mind-body dualism."

- Kenneth Grant

Xepera maSet

This sounds a lot like Set, and one where he created the universe but also is not a typical God who controls it. Actually, to me it sounds like Set-Horus.

"Most process philosophers speculate that God is also an actual entity, though there is an internal debate among process thinkers whether God is a series of momentary actual occasions, like other worldly societies, or a single everlasting and constantly developing actual entity. Either way, process philosophy conceives of God as dipolar. God’s primordial nature is the permanent ground of value and determinacy and a storehouse for universals, or “envisaged potentialities.” God’s consequent nature, on the other hand, takes in data from the world at every instant, changing as the world changes. A considerable number of process philosophers argue that God is not a necessary element of the metaphysical system and may be excised from the process model without any loss of consistency."

- Kenneth Grant

Xepera maSet

"Whitehead argues that the best description of ultimate reality is through the principle of creativity. Creativity is the universal of universals—that which is only actual in virtue of its accidents or instances. Thus, creativity is frequently compared to the notions of Aristotle’s “being qua being,” Martin Heidegger’s “Being itself” (more appropriately “Becoming itself”), or even the material cause of all events. Creativity is the most general notion at the base of all that actually exists. Thus, all actual entities, even God, are in a sense “creatures” of creativity."

- Kenneth Grant

Xepera maSet

Life Fields, anyone?

"The enduring objects one perceives with the senses (for example, rocks, trees, persons, etc.) are made up of serially ordered “societies,” or strings of momentary actual occasions, each flowing into the next and giving the illusion of an object that is continuously extended in time, much like the rapid succession of individual frames in a film that appear as a continuous picture. Contemporary commentators on process thought suggest that individual actual occasions vary in spatio-temporal “size” and can correspond to the phenomena of sub-atomic particles, atoms, molecules, cells, and human persons (that is, souls). Likewise, these individuals may aggregate together to form larger societies (for example, rocks, trees, animal bodies). According to this model, a single electron would be a series of momentary electron-occasions. Likewise, the human subject would be a series of single occasions that coordinates and organizes many of the billions of other actual occasions that make up the subject’s “physical” body."

- Kenneth Grant

Xepera maSet

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/process-theism/

"The question of the metaphysical relation of God and creativity is a watershed between process theism and more traditional forms of theism. Process philosophy, modifying a statement from Plato's Sophist (247e), affirms that the most concrete real beings—in Whitehead's language, actual entities—are characterized by the power to act and to be acted upon (Plato says real beings act or are acted upon). In process metaphysics no actual entity is wholly determined by the activity of another; or phrased positively, every actual entity retains some power of self-determination, however minimal or slight it may be. According to this view, to have power in relation to others is to have power in relation to other entities with some degree of power. This is process philosophy's doctrine of universal creativity. Hartshorne says, “To be is to create” (Hartshorne 1970, 1, 272). The logic of the matter does not change if God is included in the metaphysical scheme. For process theism, God is the supreme or eminent creative power, but not the only creative power. Thus, process theists speak of God and the creatures as co-creators (Hartshorne and Reese 2000, 140; Hartshorne 1967a, 113)."

- Kenneth Grant