Author Topic: "I created the material universe so I could define myself." - Prince of Darkness  (Read 2901 times)

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism

"The Dragon became as a many-headed Serpent,
It's fiery tongues bearing forth speech
Into all the kingoms of the Earth."

My book, "Behold: the Prince of Darkness!": https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1726037460/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_1726037460

pi_rameses

Ok cool. That is his most recent one although he has been saying that the universe has the same organizing principle or is like a mind at large since Brief Peeks Beyond (and maybe even Why Materialism is Baloney but haven't read that one).

So I'm assuming when you ask how does he get from one thing to another thing, you want to see what logical operations he uses to arrive at his conclusions from his stated premises. Is that right?
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
Ok cool. That is his most recent one although he has been saying that the universe has the same organizing principle or is like a mind at large since Brief Peeks Beyond (and maybe even Why Materialism is Baloney but haven't read that one).

So I'm assuming when you ask how does he get from one thing to another thing, you want to see what logical operations he uses to arrive at his conclusions from his stated premises. Is that right?

Precisely.

My book, "Behold: the Prince of Darkness!": https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1726037460/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_1726037460

pi_rameses

Reading this again, I'm reminded how unique of an experience it was and still is for me. It seems to me that Kastrup doesn't start from the nervous system appearing like the universe. Rather something closer to experience particularly from the field of excitations called TWE. Also when he says the universe, he doesn't necessarily mean the extrinsic appearance or the intrinsic view unless he had explicitly stated as such. That's Fact 8 I think.

This is all written in a Continental way that I would like to see them as propositions and do some predicate calculus. Those inferences are derived from what he says are the facts of reality. So you have to ask yourself whether you agree with those four facts. And furthermore, the five additional facts that were unpacked from the four. Fact 9 stood out particularly too.

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
I usually don't say this, but can you explain that like I'm five? Haha. Having kind of an Osirian Friday night.

pi_rameses

Ok. Let's break that statement apart starting with the first paragraph of my previous post. When he says TWE, what is the picture that pops in your head? How do you imagine it?

Whatever that image is, let's drop it for a minute and try a thought experiment. Imagine that you are not Xepera maSet right now.

You are now transposed as TWE. But TWE is not really a person. It's more of a place that is filled with stuff. So to make it easier to ELI5, let's fill the place with water. Ok. So you're a lot bigger now. Colossal really and full of water. Nothing outside of you exists. There is no way for someone else to look at this body of water from the outside. Everything can only be found in TWE, which momentarily is you. Keep this image for awhile. I've got more to say on this.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:52:04 pm by pi_ramesses »

pi_rameses

Ok. We're still on the first paragraph here and you're TWE. Not a person but a field full of water. The contents of your field (the water) is you. You are very still and quiet.

Then suddenly, something happens. You start moving as ripples. The ripples reverberate everywhere throughout you. You see the ripples themselves exactly for what they are: ripples.

Something else happens. Some parts of you starts to dissociate into whirlpools. The whirlpools in no way threaten you because you see that there is nothing different about the whirlpools. It is made of water around it and circled about to make a vortex and they are much smaller than you and they don't seem to want to gang up on you. You know this because they are in you and inasmuch as they experience you experience that too. You are TWE. So you experience everything. You also notice that between two different whirlpools that they can not experience each other unless they are very close to each other when their boundaries touch or if they connect with each other. In short bursts at any given time they can do this although they see each other. But they can not sustain it continuously as you do.

And you are still TWE. Before we switch over to the perspective of a whirlpool, what questions do you have so far? Mind you that the answer to that question lies within you. And so this back and forth is an act of self-reflection within yourself using everything you have access to at your disposal. Ripples and whirlpools and still waters. All water.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:53:29 pm by pi_ramesses »

pi_rameses

This will be uncomfortable for you to imagine. But TWE preceded all of the whirlpools. As it turns out, you are a whirlpool and I'm another whirlpool. And all of our registered users are whirlpools and some of our guests. But some of our guests are ripples. I'm referring to the bots and web crawlers.

Let me know if you have questions as TWE before switching over to the whirpool that you are most familiar with. As TWE, your questions will be difficult for me. I might not be able to tell you exactly what to do or know that I'm correct. But I can offer ideas.

So say you had a particular question about something that Kastrup said, although I can't imagine why you're playing dumb or hard to get (No offense, TWE. I'm just kidding :)). You should already know the answer. But if you don't you just look into Kastrup's whirlpool and there it is. Done. So maybe you're having a rough day and seem to have forgotten to do that. You're welcome! It was my pleasure. A humble whirlpool at your service.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 02:42:56 pm by pi_ramesses »

pi_rameses

Ok. Let's switch vantage points. You are no longer TWE. Now you're a whirlpool in TWE. This will be more conducive for me as it will be one whirlpool interacting with another. There is nothing to the whirlpool but water but it has localized and has set boundaries between itself and its not-self. For all intents and purposes, it is a dissociated alter ego of TWE.

As one whirlpool to another, we recognize a unique experience of what it's like to be our own whirlpools - better than anyone else. This is the intrinsic view. And aside from TWE, you alone experience. Note that this distinction is only the case as a whirlpool. For TWE, there's not really that distinction but it does and does not experience that distinction insofar as you are a dissociated alter of it. Confusing, I know.

When you look out at the world, you see other whirlpools. Focus in on my whirlpool. You are not granted that same intrinsic view of my whirlpool as you are with yours. Nor am I granted that intrinsic view of yours. If that were the case, we would each be well on our way to dissolution into TWE.

But I have an extrinsic view of you and I can interact with you. As a whirlpool, we can move closer and make contact with each other to examine one another closely. You can ask me some questions on my intrinsic view and if I'm forthright, then I'll tell you. But even better, you could strap me to a polygraph or scan me through an fMRI as further validation for correlates in my brain activity.

Questions or thoughts on this one? As one whirlpool to another?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:02:36 pm by pi_ramesses »

pi_rameses

Concerning my intrinsic view: if it's any indication, somehow I don't think I hit the mark on actually explaining this to a 5-yr old.  :facepalm: I need to talk to a 5 year old about ontology.

pi_rameses

Some questions a 5-yr old might ask:

Why are we switching vantage points?

Why are there two views for every whirlpool but just one for TWE?

What is a dissociated alter?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:05:51 pm by pi_ramesses »

pi_rameses

Precisely.

In preparation for this logical exercise, I'll be reviewing logic again.

Logical Operations:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz0n_SjOttTfIrI1skTfvcIzGqWSR1gJu

The 18 Rules of Inference (I expect Kastrup to have used these to arrive at his inferences from his facts of reality):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz0n_SjOttTcSVIs0wqp645KaRCpZ4R82

100 Days of Logic:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz0n_SjOttTcjHsuebLrl0fjab5fdToui

Logical Fallacies:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz0n_SjOttTcxvEUVgyvuQN0vneqO917_

pi_rameses

It's a lot of videos so I have condensed it to the parts where exercise problems are brought up and solutions worked through:

Logic Problems:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcqmJaC1QHk-ed8o_Fuk3BdsfWCOiIb3t

Logic Solutions:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcqmJaC1QHk_zMhDItb3qobSjbKJ96Gyi

pi_rameses

I think I'm going to focus in on predicate calculus as that is what combines propositional logic with categorical logic into a working system.

I'll also refer to Lewis Carroll's Symbolic Logic and Frege's Begriffsschrift to reformat Kastrup's facts and inferences into normal propositions that can be expressed symbolically.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:31:23 am by pi_ramesses »

pi_rameses

Ok. We're still on the first paragraph here and you're TWE. Not a person but a field full of water. The contents of your field (the water) is you. You are very still and quiet.

Then suddenly, something happens. You start moving as ripples. The ripples reverberate everywhere throughout you. You see the ripples themselves exactly for what they are: ripples.

Something else happens. Some parts of you starts to dissociate into whirlpools. The whirlpools in no way threaten you because you see that there is nothing different about the whirlpools. It is made of water around it and circled about to make a vortex and they are much smaller than you and they don't seem to want to gang up on you. You know this because they are in you and inasmuch as they experience you experience that too. You are TWE. So you experience everything. You also notice that between two different whirlpools that they can not experience each other unless they are very close to each other when their boundaries touch or if they connect with each other. In short bursts at any given time they can do this although they see each other. But they can not sustain it continuously as you do.

And you are still TWE. Before we switch over to the perspective of a whirlpool, what questions do you have so far? Mind you that the answer to that question lies within you. And so this back and forth is an act of self-reflection within yourself using everything you have access to at your disposal. Ripples and whirlpools and still waters. All water.

I am using water here as an equivalent to consciousness. I didn't state that explicitly until now.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:06:34 pm by pi_ramesses »