Author Topic: Satanists are cats  (Read 1132 times)

Kapalika

Satanists are cats
« on: January 08, 2018, 07:43:20 pm »
Do you ever feel like, this giddy feeling when you see other people embracing Satanism?

Maybe it's just me. For all the countless idiots I've seen throughout the years going "zomg how do I worship father Satan" or "teach me how to be a Satanist!" as if they are dogs, there are a few cats who are actually serious and it fills me with this kind of diabolical joy to see them "get it" and embrace Satanism.

This isn't to say that worship or wanting to learn is bad, but there seems to be a lot of people treating it as if it is Christianity. I'm pretty sure all of us here can confess to our relationship with Satan being very different than how people normally imagine it. I wouldn't go so far as to argue I am an equal peer to Satan, but Satanists are cats. And Satan is... a bigger cat? I'd say he's the human but he doesn't pet us and he doesn't hold all the tuna. Maybe wild cats are a better metaphor over domestic ones...

My point is, you can't have Satanism without individualism. Cats are very individualistic types. But there are too many dogs wanting to become Satanists and horribly missing the point.

I just really like it when I see a cat embrace Satanism, dogs not so much.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:02:29 pm by Kapalika »
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmācāra

"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

NEMO 93

Re: Satanists are cats
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 12:32:23 am »
I find myself a mix of both. I'm very cat like in general, cats are the best. As an aside, I highly recommend the essay Lovecraft wrote on cats; it's pretty great.

But I think there's value in being a dog sometimes, not in the traditional sense- but in a saddomassochistic sense, I suppose. Not to Satan but in life, in general, but and sometimes in spirituality if the circumstances allow it. I find myself more embracing of this view of life the more my practices lean towards satanic principles and deities. But being a dog in this way, does not make you not a cat.

pi_rameses

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 03:20:59 am »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra

Liu

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 09:57:24 am »
So true. And not the first time I encountered this metaphor.
I normally don't visualize myself or Satan as cats, but I totally get what you mean.

I find myself a mix of both. I'm very cat like in general, cats are the best. As an aside, I highly recommend the essay Lovecraft wrote on cats; it's pretty great.

But I think there's value in being a dog sometimes, not in the traditional sense- but in a saddomassochistic sense, I suppose. Not to Satan but in life, in general, but and sometimes in spirituality if the circumstances allow it. I find myself more embracing of this view of life the more my practices lean towards satanic principles and deities. But being a dog in this way, does not make you not a cat.
In this sense you mean?

And yeah, there's a lot of value in that, if one's into it. And also to Satan. Nothing like being ravaged by devotion and acting the part.

Setamontet

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 04:42:42 pm »
Oh hell, I remember way back when, I was trying to put together a black metal band and met these two guys online who bragged about their desire to form a bm band also.  Well, we got together and partied a little, and jammed a little.  It soon became obvious to me though that these guys were just young, dumb, and full of shit.  They couldn't play guitar worth anywhere near what I expected and wanted, and the one idiot when I let him wear one of my Baphomet medallions got so excited and exclaimed "hey look at me I'm a Satanist now."  :facepalm:  These guys were a major disappointment but were a little entertaining for a while, but soon became extremely boring and I had to break all ties with them.  :huh:

Full disclosure, I love cats, I used to have seven of them at one time.  However, thinking back, and ever since I got my pit bull Sarge, I know now that I have always been a dog person.  Maybe Setians are dogs/canines - the Jackal of Anubis.  Haha, I am both a cat and dog lover to be sure! ;)

Hail, Bast!
Hail, Anubis!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:20:59 pm by Setamontet »

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 04:46:56 pm »
My SO has two cats and they've made me love cats for the first time. They're amazing creatures. Might be throwing Sekhmet/Bast/Bastet into my pantheon after research.

"The Dragon became as a many-headed Serpent,
It's fiery tongues bearing forth speech
Into all the kingoms of the Earth."

My book, "Behold: the Prince of Darkness!": https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1726037460/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_1726037460

Olive

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 05:39:20 pm »
I love cats. We usually understand each other because of our similar natures. I am as quiet as a ghost when I move and very careful. I think they respect me for that.

Several years ago I had a cat that I adored and pretty much raised from a kitten. He was so sweet - always wanting to snuggle me. He was a chatterbox too, he would talk back to me when I spoke to him and he would come when I whistled. Unfortunately he really belonged to my girlfriend at the time who I was cohabiting with. When we split up, she of course kept him and I never see him anymore. Sigh... I still have this picture of him. My poor little kitty!  :cry:

https://imgur.com/a/0P5qq
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

NEMO 93

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 07:00:20 pm »
@Liu  That's exactly in the sense I meant. Funnily enough, that's been one of my favorite songs since forever.

Kapalika

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 02:50:34 pm »
Dogs are alright. I just was using it for sake of metaphor :) There are good parts about dogs as there are bad parts about cats. I just didn't want to go the stereotypical way and say sheep and try a different metaphor. Dogs actually can be leaders as much as followers, they are after all what herd sheep. Also being in a group that stick out for each other is just as Satanic since it's the way to be loyal to those who return it. It's the flip side of avoiding psychic vampires.

I actually kinda like dogs some, but I'm allergic to them enough that I can't roll around in their hair or dandruff but can pet one or cuddle with one unless it's shed city.

Oh hell, I remember way back when, I was trying to put together a black metal band and met these two guys online who bragged about their desire to form a bm band also.  Well, we got together and partied a little, and jammed a little.  It soon became obvious to me though that these guys were just young, dumb, and full of shit.  They couldn't play guitar worth anywhere near what I expected and wanted, and the one idiot when I let him wear one of my Baphomet medallions got so excited and exclaimed "hey look at me I'm a Satanist now."  :facepalm:  These guys were a major disappointment but were a little entertaining for a while, but soon became extremely boring and I had to break all ties with them.  :huh: 

Sometimes I'm not sure the dividing line between people like that who just think it's pretend and those who think they actually want to become Satanists.  But that sounds quite like a lot of make believe if they can't even play the guitar decently!

Full disclosure, I love cats, I used to have seven of them at one time.  However, thinking back, and ever since I got my pit bull Sarge, I know now that I have always been a dog person.  Maybe Setians are dogs/canines - the Jackal of Anubis.  Haha, I am both a cat and dog lover to be sure! ;)

Hail, Bast!
Hail, Anubis!

Hail!

I only got 5 cats at the moment, I can't imagine having two more!, but I've lived with up to (or over?) 8 when I was a kid at one point.

I like the cat analogy.

https://twitter.com/thussain670/status/949017422119436288

I don't get it? Something about racism and a cat with sun glasses?

Several years ago I had a cat that I adored and pretty much raised from a kitten. He was so sweet - always wanting to snuggle me. He was a chatterbox too, he would talk back to me when I spoke to him and he would come when I whistled. Unfortunately he really belonged to my girlfriend at the time who I was cohabiting with. When we split up, she of course kept him and I never see him anymore. Sigh... I still have this picture of him. My poor little kitty!  :cry:

https://imgur.com/a/0P5qq

GOsh that hits me reading that :(

And I can tell, black fur, green eyes, he must of been a sight to behold! Classic look for a black kitty :) He was a bit on the long coat side?

"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Setamontet

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 02:53:29 pm »
Upon further introspection I personally have more of a cat like personality and presence.  I am not loud and rowdy, but rather kind of quiet, independent, and can be indifferent and rather sneaky.  I tend to move around/walk with a light footstep, can enter and exit a room full of people and not be noticed (invisibility), also a vampyric trait.  I can be loud and rambunctious when I want to be, so, although I prefer dogs, I think I have more of a feline essence.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:29:46 pm by Setamontet »

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 04:10:52 pm »
Here's my little Satanist

"The Dragon became as a many-headed Serpent,
It's fiery tongues bearing forth speech
Into all the kingoms of the Earth."

My book, "Behold: the Prince of Darkness!": https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1726037460/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_1726037460

Kapalika

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 05:29:25 pm »
Here's my little Satanist

Blocking the screen in true kitty fashion. Nice. Mine do that sometimes but they' e learned to just off to the side and purr and stare at me. Well, mostly :P If I pet them bets are off, and even sometimes not even that! My oldest (about 9 years, the tortoise on the far left in my current avatar) will lean against my arm when I'm at my desk and sometimes make it hard to move the mouse. Funny my avatar actually, it's hard to tell but that's 4 cats on my lap (there's a gray one in the back, top right behind the two gray tabbies). I think I moved the laptop to make it look like they were all blocking it (in the top center) but still funny.

EDIT: as per the shoutbox, omg yes your kitty does look quite Egyptian from that pose!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:37:01 pm by Kapalika »

pi_rameses

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 09:16:42 pm »
Oh wow :facepalm:. I didn't even see that initial thread. Just thought that was literally the coolest cat I had seen tweeted.

I take this one back.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:17:04 am by pi_ramesses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra

Sutekh

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 03:33:43 am »
Maybe Setians are dogs/canines - the Jackal of Anubis

I used to call my dog Anubis just for fun :P.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Liu

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 08:56:56 am »
There's a lot of these "feral Satanists" in the neighbourhood, but sadly we have none because one of my siblings is allergic.
Doesn't stop him from being into cats. Actually, after writing my previous comment here in this thread I went to see whether he's up already (wasn't) and he only replied with "meow" and "hm" during the ensuing conversation - not entirely out of character for him, but still fascinating synchronicity. I don't think he'd be a Satanist at heart, though.

That's exactly in the sense I meant. Funnily enough, that's been one of my favorite songs since forever.
Huh, nice. I don't listen to that kind of music often, I mainly know it from my dad, but it is actually one of the few songs I know how to play on guitar, and one of only 2 or so that I actually performed live once at some open stage.

Well, if anyone can't decide whether they want to be a dog or a cat at the moment but wants to get into a more feral cat-mindset, I by chance stumbled upon this guided trance while searching for something else :mrgreen:
https://www.warpmymind.com/index.php?gadget=HFiles&action=GetFile&file_id=9769 (NSFW!)
(the website contains a lot of adult content, but this one seems free of such)