Author Topic: Anyone here create any Occult inspired art?  (Read 847 times)

Anyone here create any Occult inspired art?
« on: January 05, 2018, 03:25:07 am »
If you have created any art that is inspired by Occultism, feel free to share it here. Paintings, drawings, sculptures, ect.
Here is one of mine.

NEMO 93

Re: Anyone here create any Occult inspired art?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 03:54:35 am »
That is a beautiful painting. Does it contain any specific significance to you?

I actually just started drawing again honestly as the result of a deal with goetic entity. I'm better than I expected to be for not drawing in years but I'm no real artist like you and so many others I see. I'm exited to have it as a hobby again.

I may still post my drawing on here depending on if he keeps his end of the bargain or not.

I've still always been jealous of those that could paint. While I was always a decent drawer without too much practice, I've had 0 talent for painting which is my favorite medium.

Onyx

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 04:29:58 am »
@ImpiusSacerdos , your painting has a certain sophistication that I love, thanks for sharing it.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 04:40:52 am »
Thank you. Im more of a drawer but i got a hold of a couple canvas paintings that i didnt like so i just painted over one of them. I havent painted over the other one yet.
Yes this painting holds alot of meaning for me however Im very private with my occult practice.
The benefit of me not explaining this piece gives the viewer a chance to interpret how they see the painting .

Feel free to share any art.

Thank you for your kind words

pi_rameses

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 01:29:42 pm »
I like this painting as well. Weirdly enough, I am also reminded of the Shadow of Yharnam from Bloodborne.  :)
"Some say Kos, others Kosm.
As you did for the vacuous Rom,
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

-Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

Kapalika

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 07:48:52 pm »
I make some sick beats (linked in my signature) if that counts.

I do a lot of little religious art from time to time though (colorful geometric stuff), sometimes I offer it in rituals other times i keep it later for magic or just to look nice.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Liu

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 09:56:55 am »
I rarely do art from scratch, but often base it on some existing template.

For example, I bought a colouring book for grown-ups at the discounter a while ago, and it also contained some pictures of deities which I coloured and put on my walls:

Ganesha:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdm7fejch21llhz/Ganesha.jpg (also the flowers and butterflies are from that same book)

Khepri and another Egyptian deity, probably Anubis, perhaps Set:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1z1xslr4mbtqzt/Khepri.jpg

I also do some paper cutting. This one is based on a template for an easter picture featuring a rabbit and a lamb... well, I modified the latter a bit to resemble a slightly different kind of animal more closely:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/03u6k07vwc4u5vh/Kid.jpg

Is all/any of that occult art? Who knows - most other such pictures I have on my walls are from cartoon or video game characters, or simply nature scenes, and at least some such can be used as symbols for more esoteric means.
For example, I have pictures of the 3 hyenas and Rafiki from The Lion King, and found them to be an interesting rendering of the 4 elements - I might want to see whether they not better fit the 3 gunas and consciousness, though.
Or when learning Tarot, one of the things I do to better memorize the cards' meanings is doing notes which Pokemon I'd use for this card if I were to make a Tarot based on those. E.g. a pair of Nidoran for the Lovers, Yveltal for Death, Mewto for the Hermit,...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:10:29 am by Liu »

Kapalika

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 03:28:23 pm »
For example, I have pictures of the 3 hyenas and Rafiki from The Lion King, and found them to be an interesting rendering of the 4 elements - I might want to see whether they not better fit the 3 gunas and consciousness, though.

If you wanted you could also make the consciousness double as Nir Guna but that might color the vibe towards certain schools of thought due to the implication of equating the two :p Or just make the 4th Nir Guna since you're going with the Guna theme.

But I could see why consciousness could go there, it would contrast the Shakti/physical nature of the Gunas.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:31:08 pm by Kapalika »
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Liu

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 04:41:18 pm »

But I could see why consciousness could go there, it would contrast the Shakti/physical nature of the Gunas.
Yes, that was more or less what I had in mind there.
Thanks for the reply! There's still a lot I need to learn.

NEMO 93

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 08:03:29 am »
This is literally the first drawing I have done in years so I'm very rusty but this is the aformentioned drawing for a Goetic entity. It's my intepretation of Furfur.

VenusSatanas

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 03:57:00 am »
As an artist, I like to use art as a form of sacrifice..meaning that i am sacrificing my time and talent to glorify whatever being has helped me in return.. as such, I have created tributes for the gods and demons that have helped me throughout the years. I believe it is a worthy way of repaying a deity, and also, during working with them it creates a personal connection.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 01:03:15 am by pi_rameses »
I am ~ I will ~ I create

Setamontet

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 05:04:42 pm »
As an artist, I like to use art as a form of sacrifice..meaning that i am sacrificing my time and talent to glorify whatever being has helped me in return.. as such, I have created tributes for the gods and demons that have helped me throughout the years. I believe it is a worthy way of repaying a deity, and also, during workin with them it creates a personal connection.

Hail, VenusSatanas!

This is a brilliant way of defining how we artists and musicians use our talents to honor and thank certain gods or daemons we've called forth, for their assistance in our wielding of the Black Arts in the great Work of Life.

Xepera Xeper Xeperu = The Self-Created God Creates Creations.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:26:01 pm by Setamontet »

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey