Author Topic: New to the realm  (Read 1098 times)

merytseth

New to the realm
« on: April 28, 2017, 11:58:17 pm »
Hello all,

I found the O.S. by way of reddit (I'm ladytintagel there), so I thought I'd make an account and introduce myself.  A one-time wiccan in my misspent youth, I spent some dissatisfied time as madam agnostic, and I've been a kemetic pagan for the past few years, but nothing seems to make complete sense.  I have always felt a rather intense kinship to Set, and Setian philosophy resonates with me in a way that nothing else has.  Looking forward to participating here, getting to know everyone, and perhaps joining.  I am admittedly at the outset of my own initiatory path as far as the LHP is concerned, but I am eager to learn, and am consuming new ideas and information as rapidly as I can.  

Xeper,
merytseth

Onyx

Re: New to the realm
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 12:45:27 am »
Welcome, and thanks for the introduction!

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 02:00:22 am »
Welcome to the forum! I'm very excited to see more members join and contribute. There's no rush at all! I would even point out that were an entirely open but mainly LHP forum, not even necessarily Setian, or even necessarily only the O.S. directly. Imo at least, the O.S. hopes to create a forum open to LHPers like one that does not exist currently, and we thank you for contributing to that goal!

Xeper,
Xepera maSet (Three_Scarabs)

merytseth

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 12:31:47 pm »
This is also welcome, as I have searched (as you likely know) more or less in vain for any kind of LHP forum, irc channel, etc.  Reddit seemed like the only place with any kind of community. Communication is vital for growth - I'm currently working on a MS in mathematics, and I've discovered that the best way to really understand math is to teach it to someone else. The same applies to philosophy; if I cannot explain a concept clearly to someone else, I don't understand it well enough myself.  So, I'm happy to find a forum to foster my own growth and contribute to the growth of others, at the very least!

Xeper,
merytseth

pi_rameses

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 10:24:24 pm »
Welcome, merytseth!
"Some say Kos, others Kosm.
As you did for the vacuous Rom,
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

-Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

Setamontet

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 01:32:02 pm »
Greetings and a warm welcome to merytseth to the O.S. forum!

Xeper.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 01:33:43 pm by Setamontet »
"Ia Shub-Niggurath!  May the gifted of Set rule on a thousand worlds when that night falls on Terra!  When the stars come right again!" - Patricia Hardy