Author Topic: Gods, My Pantheon, Some Musings  (Read 980 times)

Ave Lucifugus

Gods, My Pantheon, Some Musings
« on: January 04, 2018, 11:30:43 am »
As some of you may already know, I like to switch things up, change paradigms, as to not stagnate. This bit will be on the nature of the gods as I see it, my pantheon, and some other musings.

The modified theory of forms as presented by @Xepera maSet and the comprehensive argument for Set is the closest thing that matches my belief on the nature of the gods.

The gods as I see them are not spirits, they are not supernatural, they are not ghostly figures that will follow you around and judge your every move. Rather, they are very much natural in the sense that they cannot bend the laws of physics & nature. They do not influence the physical.

The gods, as I see them, are Complex Platonic Form which are capable of acting independently - and their actions can only be observed by proxy. A god needs a "host," as it were, in order to exact its influence upon the world. They cannot influence the physical word directly. They influence it through us or animals (which I have witnessed on several occasions).

The gods inspire, they plant information into us which seems to be coming out of nowhere. Tesla used to talk about how he's not coming up with his ideas, but rather that he's a conductor - he's receiving the ideas from the world of ideas. I was reading something about Tesla yesterday, and found myself surprised that he's had a similar view on ideas & information.

The gods are spaceless, timeless. They are immortal. And thus, it's impossible to destroy them (they are necessary to existence, after all); it's impossible to summon them, too. Why? Because they're always there, everywhere! And nowhere. Think of it this way - Odin or Set represent the source of consciousness. The higher mind. For as long as you are a conscious being, you have a connection to Odin or Set or any other interpretation of the Platonic Form of Consciousness; therefore it's unnecessary to evoke him! Now, you can, in my opinion, improve your connection to this god thanks to altered states of consciousness, but that's another topic altogether.

I have realized recently that there is no need to evoke or invoke a being - and by evoke or invoke I mean proper ritualistic evocation or invocation. Rituals are good because of their psychodramatic and theatrical effect it can have on a person, but they are not necessary. One can get in touch with the gods within seconds. You could get in touch with the gods while you're walking in the woods, just thinking about them. You'll find that you'll experience different emotions, sensations, get new ideas, perhaps.

The gods are also very subtle, and because of this I often refuse to engage in debates about the existence of gods. It's so easy to neglect them or disbelieve in them (which is fine, really) because their influence on this world (by proxy, through us & animals) is not as glamorous & flashy as it is described in the holy scripture. I could go on a rant about why I find it pointless to debate the existence of gods, but I rather not. Debating and criticizing a religious doctrine is good and can be productive, but the existence of gods is a matter what leads to nowhere.

In any case, with all of this being said, I would like to share with you my pantheon

Odin - The Complex Platonic Form of Consciousness, Intellect, Wisdom & Higher Mind (Odin has even more traits)

Thor - The Complex Platonic Form of Order, Physical & Mental strength & Will

Crnobog/Chernobog/Chernabog - The Complex Platonic Form of Chaos, Progress, Destruction & Shadow (read: Jungian)

Azazel - The Complex Platonic Form of Desire, Progress, Spiritual Alchemy, Rebellion, Adversariality

Athena - The Complex Platonic Form of Freedom, Knowledge, Wisdom, Strategical Thinking, War, Triumph, etc

In any case, I know that some of you are henotheists, but I have to ask: What is your pantheon? Which gods do you venerate / respect highly?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:25:36 pm by Setamorphosis »

Sutekh

Re: Gods, My Pantheon, Some Musings
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 05:30:39 pm »
In any case, I know that some of you are henotheists, but I have to ask: What is your pantheon? Which gods do you venerate / respect highly?

I suspect that I am more of a Monotheist now, my Pantheon is to Satan the Lord of Darkness in which he is the only being I tend to venerate and respect highly.

It is complicated for me to give my definition of my own god, but to me he is the Adversarial being who opposes that of Light and that of Christ. He is the one who questions everything, the one who gave man the Black Flame as his influence.

To me Satan cares about his elect so deeply in that they would never be abandoned. He is a god that is loyal to his elect if they are loyal to him in pursuing his work per se. That is my view of him.

There is more to that, I view him as an intelligent creator that created the OU which is within my book "The Satanic Doctrine."

"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Ave Lucifugus

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 05:46:03 pm »
@Sutekh ,

"This serpent, SATAN, is not the enemy of Man, but He who made Gods of our race, knowing Good and Evil; He bade 'Know Thyself!' and taught initiation."

- Crowley

Maybe it's just me, but Crowley made Satan all the more interesting, because of the Satan=Aiwass connection. And as such, I'll look into Thelema more properly once I'm done my pathworking.

Ah, I must ask you. As a theistic Satanist, do you equate Satan with Azazel? Do you see "Satan" as a name or a title?

Olive

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 07:26:21 pm »
I acknowledge many other forces and work from them from time to time. Although some of them are degenerate, manipulative, and demonic from my perspective. Knowing their natures allows me to be more mindful about the pacts and defilements I establish with them. I won't be tricked into a relationship that will harm me or even destroy me in the long run - but I might enter into such a deal willingly and knowingly if I know I can handle the consequences.

But above all I revere the Moon. The Immaculate One. Queen of the Night. The Great Mother. La Luna. Light in the Darkness. Domina Oriens (Directly translates 'East Lady' - but is actually an old term that connotatively means "The Mistress who Arises" or "The Lady who Arises.")

She has different aspects, as do I - but her energy is one and unmistakable. She is the perfected feminine soul - an example of purity, humility, self-sufficiency, rebirth and immortality. So exalted is she that she is adorned with two halos; one of many colors that bewilders the eye, and another holy white that stretches across the heavens. But she is not prideful enough to crowd the skies always, so these are secrets revealed only on most auspicious nights.

The aspiring Mountains and the winding Streams,
Empress of Night! are gladdened by thy beams;
A look of thine the wilderness pervades,
And penetrates the forest's inmost shades;
Thou, chequering peaceably the minster's gloom,
Guid'st the pale Mourner to the lost one's tomb;
Canst reach the Prisoner--to his grated cell
Welcome, though silent and intangible!--
And lives there one, of all that come and go
On the great waters toiling to and fro,
One, who has watched thee at some quiet hour
Enthroned aloft in undisputed power,
Or crossed by vapoury streaks and clouds that move
Catching the lustre they in part reprove--
Not sometimes felt a fitness in thy sway
To call up thoughts that shun the glare of day,
And make the serious happier than the gay?

-William Wordsworth
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:31:56 pm by Olive »
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Sutekh

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 08:39:16 pm »
Do you see "Satan" as a name or a title?

As we may had talked on chat, I wanted to talk more about this in general. :) Like I said, even though I believe the Prince of Darkness to be a Unified aspect, I also believe that each and every one of us who works with the Dark Lord is our personal god.

What do I mean by that, when Michael Aquino did his GBM working among the Summer Solstice evoking Satan, he realized that it was truly Set his personal communication with that being.

Michael Aquino like me, did not know perhaps this personal being before he experienced that bond with this entity.

Just as I was confused on my bonding with Set, till I found my true bonding in which that was Satan my personal Brother and friend. Satan to me is not necessarily a title, but he is more of a name to me personally.

Its hard really when it comes to viewing an entity as a title, once when you realize the bonding the two of you both share, It would feel almost impossible to view him as a title.

I wanted to also kinda quote something from my book, so you could get an understanding of how my view is on the Dark Lord. I find it hard to discuss my own beliefs, which is why thankfully I find writing to be more fulfilling. :)-    "The Prince of Darkness comes in many forms, some of us may refer to him with different labels and  meanings. Some of us may view Lucifer, Set, Enki, and Satan as entirely different beings, however I do  not view each and every one of them as different. The Prince of Darkness to me is a unified aspect  meaning "all in one." 

But how can the Prince of Darkness be all in one? The Prince of Darkness is at first an unknowable entity,  living outside of the Objective Universe. When one at first views the Prince of Darkness as different labels  and different forms, they soon overtime experience the Dark Lords communication when they themselves  have evolved and practiced Black Magic for a longer time. 

When the practitioner stops practicing black Magic, he feels a spiritual awakening from the Prince of  Darkness. At first he is profoundly stupefied by this sudden feeling of the Dark Lord, he then starts to  question if this Dark Lord has become unknown. He then further fulfills his curiosity by doing a working to  seek answers from the Prince of Darkness." - From The Satanic Doctrine of Chapter 6.

This quote isn't really a closed minded statement. But it is supposed to give the reader a hint of the writers experience of his exploration with the Prince of Darkness.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:07:18 pm by Sutekh »
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Ave Lucifugus

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 10:07:09 pm »
@Olive & @Sutekh thank you for sharing your beliefs. I'm afraid I'm not really familiar with working with the lunar forces directly. Any good source you can provide me with?

@Sutekh , I think you touched on something really important there, and it resonates with me. I think the Prince of Darkness - or Complex Form of Consciousness - appears in different forms to different people. To Aquino, he is Set. To you, he is Satan. To me, he is Odin (funny enough, to the old Order of the Trapezoid, he was Odin, too, except they referred to him as Wotan). To Joy of Satan he is Enki (and I guess you could say Satan).

I am not sure about Azazel, still. I'll need to get to know him more. Maybe it's a manifestation of the Prince of Darkness. Maybe he's someone related to him. I'm more inclined to say the latter, as I don't like syncretising gods into one.

I remember reading on theisticsatanism.com that the Church of Azazel sees Azazel as The Prince of Darkness, although this assertion is based not on the experience with the Dark Lord, but rather their interpretation of the scapegoat rite and the book of Enoch.

The Prince of Darkness really is a complex figure, I'd say.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:08:59 pm by Setamorphosis »

Ave Lucifugus

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 11:23:55 pm »
After the working I have finished just now, my pantheon is updated & complete.

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 02:42:47 pm »
The problem with my argument for Set is the flow of it. The premise of Dualism doesn't flow into Platonism well enough, and there's no discussion on the unnatural nature of human consciousness or it's random, immediate rise in the Upper Paleolithic Revolution. I really need to update the argument a bit, though I still agree with the conclusion. Basically I just need another premise to connect Dualism and Platonism.

"The Dragon became as a many-headed Serpent,
It's fiery tongues bearing forth speech
Into all the kingoms of the Earth."

My book, "Behold: the Prince of Darkness!": https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1726037460/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_1726037460

Olive

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 06:00:52 pm »
@Olive & @Sutekh thank you for sharing your beliefs. I'm afraid I'm not really familiar with working with the lunar forces directly. Any good source you can provide me with?

I'm planning on making a big post going into how I work with them in the future, but I need a little time to get everything together and make sure it's up to snuff. There isn't really a good book source on this out there that I'm aware of; at least not one relevant enough to my practice for me to recommend.

In the meantime you could start by acknowledging her when you see her and she strikes you. When this happens, speak one of her names - not necessarily out of the list I offered earlier, but one that works for you. Observe her cycles and honor them. When you feel ready, do a cleansing spell on yourself, go before her with offerings, and see if she speaks to you or touches your heart. The Full Moon phase is when her touch is most obvious. Just be respectful, and don't bring your pride or worldly concerns to her notice. If you do, you may feel the discomfort of chafing against your ego.

Like I said, I'll get deeper into this at a later date.
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

NEMO 93

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 05:17:09 am »
I will work with literally anything from any religion or paradigm given a good reason. Hell, I still use the Tetragrammaton from time to time(although to me it is separate than the biblical yahweh in that it's a formula.)

But if you want to know my core deities it's:

Babalon. My affinity for Babalon is really what draws me to Thelemic religion as- it's hard to explain, her symbolism encapsulates all that I love in women.

Horus- Ironically, I like him from a Pagan standpoint rather than thelemic(although his chapter in the book of the law is bad-ass). He holds the sun in one eye and the mood in other indicating balance and there's just so many synchronicities with him in my life to ignore. Set I acknolwedge and he has a place in my life too but Horus is a bit more prominent- I don't know, I see them almost equal in importance- and represneting the same thing (my will). I actually had a vision indicating that I was an avatar of Horus and that set and horus were a higher self split into two in a kether meditation.

Loki- I don't work with him as much anymore but I still hold respect for him- he has a place in my own custom grimoire indicating the nine tennants one should live by if they wish to emulate Loki- this is very important to me as I see myself resonating with the trickster archetype in general and it's a good guide for them.

Apep/Apophis.  I seek to emulate Apophis in that I can look at the world in a somewhat detached way so I don't mind destroying it and to change it to something more desirable. Take that to mean what you will. In the apophis book, Kelly scrys the aethers to get into contact with Apep and one of the messages is esentially saying that if the game displeases you wipe the chess pieces of and start again because "the message of Set is who gives a fuck?"

Isis will always have a place in my heart. She's my go to in troubled times, honestly, and if I wasn't so LHP and esoteric, I'd probably be praying to her a lot as a Pagan. I actually feel kind of bad for just never giving her thanks in general anymore now that I think of it.

I had a huge fondness for Dionysisus in a few stages of my life but I'm trying to move beyond that stage now. Don't get me wrong, I like the unpredictability but after being so familiar with the godform it becomes predictable. No longer in my paradigm/personal panthenon but he was fun for a bit.

Thoth is cool, I kinda see the Book of Thoth as directly linked to him and I consult that it frequently enough to put him in loosely.

I branch out quite a bit but I'd say that's my "core" panthenon that won't ever change. I do have Freyja and Odin on my Norse shrine out of respect but I more see Odin as a role-model rather than someone I want to work with. I'm more on the Thursatru side now.

Ave Lucifugus

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 09:32:56 am »
@King Mob , thanks for sharing!

Tell me, though, why do you think prayer to a deity is conflicting with you being LHP and esoteric?

NEMO 93

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 06:30:44 pm »
@Setamorphosis It's not so much that I thnk it is conflicting as much as I try to put more effort on doing things myself which in turns emphasises learning over praying. It's definitely compatible- it could mess with variables in a ritual, possibly, but its more this need to be self-reliant makes you forget to pray sometimes. I don't think it's conflicting at all, I definitely think you can do both :)

I also forgot to add Nuit and Hadit, in the Thelemic sense, but I see that as more of an allegory of denying nothing of the universe(you can gain something out of every experience) and your kundalini so I don't know if that counts in the panthenon.

Ave Lucifugus

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 07:22:29 pm »
Well, a prayer could be seen as a form of invocation, so it's useful. Even if you focus on learning, a prayer here and there could be beneficial. But I get where you're coming from.

Omegaphallic

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 07:58:25 pm »
 I'm not Satanic/Luciferian/Setian,  just putting that out there.

But I've come to the point where I have my own sort of Pantheon I guess you could say,  and I rebel against some general Pagan othodoxies at this point in my life.

At the top is Azathoth,  the blind idiot God who to me I use as a metaphor for the Multiverse and the universal unconscious mind,  out of which emerge a multitidude of conscious minds, ours included.

I don't worship Azathoth so much as explore the implications of the Azathoth/multiverse.

Then there is the Trinity of deities that guide me,  Vulcan,  Flora,  Baphomet.  I know most people don't link these deities together.

I have read the myths from different areas for Vulcan,  Greek,  Lamnosian,  Roman,  and where most simply see Vulcan as a Smith God and Cockold with some kind of link to Vulcanos and Star Trek,  I see a being far more complex.

Cast out of Olympus/Heaven to the Earth/Sea,  Vulcan learned about the world around him and instead of simply submitting to it,  he learned to master it via science,  technology,  and magic.

Eventual seeing how powerful and skilled and knowledgeable Vulcan had become,  Hera invited her son back to Olympus,  his response was a gift,  a throne which trapped his mother, the Queen of the Gods,  in this he gained justice against the Mother who abused him.

Vulcan would not let her go until Zeus offered him Venus as a bride.

So now most think of Vulcan as someone who got cheated on my Venus,  but he is the one who crafted the girdle that made her irrisitable to men,  so I suggest that it sounds like he planned the whole thing.

He was even ready with a net capable of capturing both Venus and Mars.

He only released them when Poisiden promised that Ares would pay the adultry fine (what form the payment took is unknown).

So Vulcan as  pimp more then cockold.

Vulcan next married one of the Graces,  who born him five awesome children.

Then there the myths of him creating slave girls out of gold,  Pandora,  Tablets that create food and drink,  walking tables,  fire breathing bulls with bronze feet,  Jupiter's Lightening,  ect...

I also use vulcano energy a lot,  a primal, masculine energy.

So I like him for his innovation,  his cunning, his ability to over come challenges, and his raw power.

Vulcan is the God of Fire, Vulcanos, Smiths, Technology, Intellect, Passion, BDSM (I know most that see that link, but he's known for binding deities, Venus, Hera, Promeathus, and so on, and in his Roman form he does have a fertility/sexual aspect in impregnating Maia, and he built himself slave girls out of god).

Flora is the Goddess of Flowers, Promicuity, and Spring, Lust, Prostitutes. I do Landscaping for a living so it should be obvious my practical interest in Flora. Plus I see her as the female Submissive to Vulcan the Male Dom, the tools of man shaping the gardens to their will.

The Third is Baphomet, who I focus mostly upon in the form of the God of BDSM as worshipped by some and the middle group between the Male and the Female.

I'd also think about my higher soul, the soul that links all the incarnations of me across the infinite multiverse.

NEMO 93

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 03:34:07 am »
I'm currently working with exclusively  Thursatru deities with Loki and his children as well as their mother. Gullveig, Loki, Hel, Jorgumgandr and Fenrir. I have however come to terms that Horus will always be my patron deity in an intense way and I wouldn't have it any other way.