Author Topic: LHP Methods of Surviving Terrible Jobs  (Read 424 times)

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
LHP Methods of Surviving Terrible Jobs
« on: January 03, 2018, 01:19:51 pm »
I am soooooo finished with my job. Luckily I have an interview tomorrow, so hopefully that works out for me. But until then, I'm not sure how to handle work. Hell we've been back 1 day and now I'm taking day 2 off because I just can't lol.

What are some tips for surviving the shitty jobs and days that crawl by? I'm locked in a little room of whiny, complainy people who for some reason have decided they don't like me (never want to have the best numbers if you want to be popular!). They're constantly just off topic, shoving pictures of their kids in each other's faces, etc. My boss is a nightmare, she's hugely inconsistent, unprofessionally close with certain team members, and thanks to her the job is nothing but a constant loop of the same busywork. Not only were we lied to about hours, what the job entails, etc, but we're not even doing social work any more, just pushing papers.

I've had some shit jobs, but never one's where I sit there basically on the verge of tears all day wishing I could just quit. So I'm looking for some more advance tips from LBM or GBM to help survive!

"My step is great, that I may traverse the sky."
- The Pyramid Texts

crossfire

Re: LHP Methods of Surviving Terrible Jobs
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 05:12:33 pm »
Graveyard shift.  Those daytime people are downright scary!  (They shoot each other on the freeway!)
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
~Carl Jung

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 05:28:42 pm »
Sadly there is no night shift where I work :(

"My step is great, that I may traverse the sky."
- The Pyramid Texts

Sutekh

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 05:36:22 pm »
@Xepera maSet This going to sound bizarre but, are you good with computers? Iv'e heard that Setamontet works as a Computer Technician I believe, but independently. Maybe you two can both work together :), if you guys have met each other in person.

Iv'e never really had a job before so I can't really tell you from experience, but this was a thought that appeared in my mind from reading your thread.

(Another note) I wouldn't really advise doing LBM, if your boss is that clever. Because that can backfire on you if she isn't that stupid.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:38:06 pm by Sutekh »
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

pi_rameses

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 12:56:46 am »
I am soooooo finished with my job. Luckily I have an interview tomorrow, so hopefully that works out for me. But until then, I'm not sure how to handle work. Hell we've been back 1 day and now I'm taking day 2 off because I just can't lol.

What are some tips for surviving the shitty jobs and days that crawl by? I'm locked in a little room of whiny, complainy people who for some reason have decided they don't like me (never want to have the best numbers if you want to be popular!). They're constantly just off topic, shoving pictures of their kids in each other's faces, etc. My boss is a nightmare, she's hugely inconsistent, unprofessionally close with certain team members, and thanks to her the job is nothing but a constant loop of the same busywork. Not only were we lied to about hours, what the job entails, etc, but we're not even doing social work any more, just pushing papers.

I've had some shit jobs, but never one's where I sit there basically on the verge of tears all day wishing I could just quit. So I'm looking for some more advance tips from LBM or GBM to help survive!

I felt just like this back in August. I resolved to step over my job and use it as a platform for as long as needed. Then just hit them with the two weeks notice as they were getting comfortable with me in my inferior role. The month before that, I had no web developer projects under my belt and now I have three with more in the works, a contract job to develop a site to get a little under 2k, and a prospective full time offer for May 2018 that I just read off my phone today. Will it devastate them when I'm gone? Certainly. How do I know this? Because I made it so by buttering them up before the slaughter. Especially since they think that I have forgotten my past grievances. Revenge is a dish best served cold. And remember, good employees don't leave companies. They leave bad managers. Bad employees don't care whether management is good or bad.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:56:17 am by pi_ramesses »
"Some say Kos, others Kosm.
As you did for the vacuous Rom,
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

-Micolash, Host of the Nightmare