Author Topic: What are the most "darkest" magicial traditions, in your opinion?  (Read 1099 times)

Sutekh

Re: What are the most "darkest" magicial traditions, in your opinion?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 10:30:09 pm »
you can look into V.K. Jehannum's work if you're interested on the matter; he was a former ONA member).

I actually have him on my youtube subscription. :)  I believe I skimmed through one of his articles on his wordpress a while back on why he left thee ONA. He had a previous video of his reasons which unfortunately he deleted many of his old videos. But his channel is back.

Iv'e heard E.A Koetting was also involved in a subgroup of the ONA that tried to assassinate him. Which is almost chilling to hear about that. :| 
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Ave Lucifugus

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 10:33:17 pm »
No need to apologize (we've already answered the OP)! I like V.K. Jehannum's content. It's refreshing, because he's not trying to be edgy. He delivers direct information with as minimal fluff as possible, at least in my opinion.

E.A. Koetting, however, is a different topic altogether. While I do appreciate that he likes to put information out there, and he seems like a cool guy, there is just too much fluff (or edge, whichever you prefer) in his work. It's over the top, fantastical, and it gives off an impression that he's talking about an RPG or something. The Temple of Maergzjirah is even more 'edgy,' but they are fascinating due to the limited information they put out (and that their entities don't belong to any other existing system, excluding Cernobog).

So, yes, he's not my cup of tea either, but I am willing to listen what he has to say, and take whatever information is useful, and discard the rest.

But, in Koetting's defense, he does not put out false information, as far as I know. His delivery is what's bothersome.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 10:37:21 pm by Setamorphosis »

Sutekh

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 11:12:10 pm »
E.A. Koetting, however, is a different topic altogether. While I do appreciate that he likes to put information out there, and he seems like a cool guy, there is just too much fluff (or edge, whichever you prefer) in his work.

Personally I haven't really got into studying or applying his works, I have started to apply my own works without the need to study or discard someone elses if you know what I mean. However when it comes to a philosophy, that is an entire different ball game for me. As I enjoy studying more about a philosophy than a gurro such as Michael Ford.

What I am trying to say, is that I feel as if I have my own full knowledge of Magick even though there is a lot to learn about the concepts behind a philosophy's use of possibility.

Back to E.A. Koetting, while like I said in which I have never truly had the chance to read through his books, I would agree with you on his appearance of being a little bit "edgy."  My first time stumbling on his videos was interesting, but I found it strange altogether.

He struck me to be very serious in his work, which I can understand. But there is a time that one should not be super serious in what they are doing, a lot of us need breaks from our works instead of intellectually and spiritually draining ones self.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Ave Lucifugus

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 11:53:53 pm »
Regardless of whether or not you're capable to apply your own knowledge, it's important, I think, to acquire knowledge & wisdom from other sources. Maybe, just maybe, they'll provide you with a tiny bit of information that can prove invaluable.

Information is important.

And, with that being said before I go off, I'll leave you with the popular catchphrase people leave on Koetting's videos:

"BECOME A LIVING MEME"

Good night.

Sutekh

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 12:15:11 am »
Regardless of whether or not you're capable to apply your own knowledge, it's important, I think, to acquire knowledge & wisdom from other sources. Maybe, just maybe, they'll provide you with a tiny bit of information that can prove invaluable.

Information is important.

I don't disagree with you at all, as a matter of fact we would be both on the same page. During my beginning years in my explorations I didn't apply my own knowledge right away. As a matter of fact I began to study from many sources out of my interests to gain the information and to apply that information within my being and outside my being.

I was a very dogmatic person back then, only just adhering to a COS philosophy without knowing that there are plenty of better religions and philosophies to learn from, other than a pseudo occult sect. Even though I hate to call the COS a pseudo occultist Organization, unfortunately that is what they are. I really gained some useful insights, some from Mr. Ford, bits of Crowley, and more from the Temple of Set. 

I realize that even though one feels that they have enough knowledge, at the same time some do not realize that their is more knowledge within the occult to be gained.  I haven't truly given up on studying more within thee occult, I guess to put it in words is that "their are plenty of fish out in the sea."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 12:19:08 am by Sutekh »