Author Topic: What are the most "darkest" magicial traditions, in your opinion?  (Read 130 times)

Setamorphosis

I'll go first, in no particular order:

1. Anti-Cosmicism, be it Anti-Cosmic Satanism or Thursatru

2. Order of the Nine Angles

3. The Temple of Maergzjirah (definitely worth looking into; interesting path, at the very least)

4. Lovecraftian current

5. Rokkratru (which may get confused with Thursatru, but the end goal is different)

What about you? What would you say is the most "darkest" magical tradition(s) you know?
"I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run."

- Odin

Xepera maSet

Re: What are the most "darkest" magicial traditions, in your opinion?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 11:42:09 pm »
Human sacrifice is the darkest magical tradition imo, in any form.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"The Degradation of the Great Bear, Draco, and other types of eternity
 proved to be the creation of Hell."
- Kenneth Grant

Setamorphosis

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 11:47:11 pm »
As far as I know, none of the ONA members actually performed human sacrifice. Even though they condone it, I am almost 100% convinced they've been advocating it just to get attention. Which they have gotten.
"I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run."

- Odin

pi_ramesses

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 12:40:27 am »
It's funny that you brought this up because I was actually thinking about this. I think the Fraternitas Saturnis was quite dark and the Black Sun. The Bohemian Grove (or Bohemian Club) comes to mind too.

I was watching a YouTube video today by Mark Passio, an ex-Satanic priest claiming to demystify the occult. Although I'm a bit skeptical of his characterization of the CoS and ToS as lower-level organization that serves as a public interface to vet eligible candidates for  some overarching sinister purpose, he had named a number of other organizations that I don't know anything about specifically: the Bohemian Club; Skull and Bones; intelligence agencies (not sure which ones or all of them?); Tavis Stock Institute; the Bilderburg Group; and so called "royal" bloodlines like the Merovingians and what have you. He just lumps everything as Dark Occult lol.

It's a long presentation so skip to 56:16 which is the part that I refer:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 12:43:12 am by pi_ramesses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

King Mob

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 02:26:41 am »
Necromancy, Qlipoth, Lovecraft.
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Setamorphosis

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 09:36:08 pm »
@pi_ramesses

Fraternitas Saturnis was quite dark and the Black Sun. The Bohemian Grove (or Bohemian Club) comes to mind too.

I will need to look into this. I agree about the Black Sun.

And I'm REALLY skeptical of "ex-Satanist" testimonies. 99.9% of the time I'll chalk it up as anti-Satanist propaganda, usually devised by the Christians a.k.a. a steaming pile of...well, you know.

Still...I'll watch the video.

- Odin

Xepera maSet

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 09:39:54 pm »
The Brotherhood of Saturn isn't really dark, more like some semi-dark Thelema. Awesome and fascinating, but not dark in the way of the ONA or such groups.

- Kenneth Grant

Setamorphosis

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 09:49:36 pm »
@Xepera maSet , I would argue that the Temple of Maergzjirah is darker than the O9A, in terms of spiritual teachings and overall behavior. Not counting O9A subgroups which partake in disgusting behavior (which is not a part of their texts).

Not trying to defend the O9A; I just don't take them seriously as they're mostly in it for the attention.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:55:37 pm by Setamorphosis »

- Odin

King Mob

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 11:17:16 pm »
I really want to look into Brotherhood of Saturn. Anyone know where I can find information on it?

I don't find Thursatru that dark, honestly. I mean, I dont know. It might be my perspective of looking at it but acosmic forces that destroy the world don't really scare, me. I see it as the Thurs rune- a tool that can be used to either pierce me or pierce my emeny- the rune is known for symbolizing the strength of the giants as well as thor's hammer. It's ying-yang. Similarly, the chaos that has been seeping through to create these forces just reminds me of chaos magick. And destruction is followed by rebirth as evidenced in ragnarok.

Other anti-cosmicists are quite dark but I think that's because of the practicioners and not the beliefs. Although, I will read Liber Falxifer and let you know if I change my mind.

I find the ones I listed the darkest, as most inhuman, because Qlipoth is associated with Universe B, and Lovecraft with transplutonian forces if we are using planetary magick paradigm which just really emphasies the inhumaness of these forces. If they represent something in the collective unconcious in a psyh, they're deep deep down and so repressed we had a hard time recognizing them as us.
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Sutekh

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 09:38:26 pm »
What about you? What would you say is the most "darkest" magical tradition(s) you know?

I would go for the ONA, even though they are viewed as a laughing stock to most Occult Organizations their body of beliefs are much more darker and extreme of course. Even though we may never know if people associated with the ONA has ever done things extreme, I would still regard their tradition to be out of bounds, then most Magical traditions that have a kind of ethical standard.

Whether others may hate to agree with me on this, the ONA is perhaps one of thee most Mysterious and unknown traditions that can grab an occultist of interest, Xepera Ma Set and I are examples of the interest that we perhaps nearly share. Though I am done studying them.

What is interesting to note, is I have heard that the Older people who started the Order left.

"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Sutekh

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 09:45:11 pm »
As far as I know, none of the ONA members actually performed human sacrifice. Even though they condone it, I am almost 100% convinced they've been advocating it just to get attention. Which they have gotten.

I am still skeptical over that theory, I think some within the ONA performed a type of "human sacrificing" in which it was nonetheless discreet. If some of us remember correctly thee ONA has many different forms of that, such as doing a Magickal Act or doing roles such as joining the Military to kill an enemy in combat as an act of Sacrificing, the more you think of it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to condone the ONA. But this is my thinking of it, some are perhaps doing much more quieter forms of Sacrifice that has never gone across the outside public.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Xepera maSet

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 10:03:32 pm »
It is my personal belief/understanding that the ONA did/does indeed exist. From the rituals I've read, most sacrifices are actually willing members of the group. Those which are not are supposed to look like "accidents", but I'm not sure if these have actually occurred. The ONA is the type of group where you'd literally never know one was a member. If you "know" someone is ONA, they probably aren't.

- Kenneth Grant

Setamorphosis

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 10:11:23 pm »
This,

Whether others may hate to agree with me on this, the ONA is perhaps one of thee most Mysterious and unknown traditions that can grab an occultist of interest

And this

The ONA is the type of group where you'd literally never know one was a member. If you "know" someone is ONA, they probably aren't.

...is why I find ONA fascinating to a degree. As I've said, a part of me doesn't take them seriously, because there were ONA members claiming that it's an attention-grab (you can look into V.K. Jehannum's work if you're interested on the matter; he was a former ONA member). But there is that mystery element to them which makes them interesting.

Their Dark Gods, too, are interesting. Their pantheon is perhaps not 100% unique, but it's still worth researching.

- Odin

Xepera maSet

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 10:15:10 pm »
Here is Dr. Flower's "Fire and Ice" on the Fraternitas Saturni aka Brotherhood of Saturn.

https://issuu.com/mcg1969/docs/183940468-fire-and-ice-the-brotherh

- Kenneth Grant

Setamorphosis

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 10:23:28 pm »
Thanks for the link!

Here's the infamous Maergzjiran Cabal: https://www.templeofsilence.org/single-post/2017/10/08/History-of-the-Maergzjiran-Cabal

I'm also sending a tiny booklet of theirs in the attachment.

It's an interesting current for academic purposes, at the very least.

- Odin