Author Topic: Paradigm Shift 1.0  (Read 395 times)

Frater Gaster

Paradigm Shift 1.0
« on: December 30, 2017, 07:11:20 pm »
I find paradigm shifting fun.

First, being able to defend and expand upon a paradigm you normally don't adhere to is a great mental exercise.

Second, exploration is always rewarding.

I may, for the time being, experiment with the purely psychological / secular paradigm. One could even call it a purely materialistic paradigm. The reason behind this is because I want to step out of my comfort zone, and see what lies on the other side. As someone who is opposed to materialism, I will undergo both an insight role and a paradigm shift, and as such think like a materialist for a bit, and see what happens.

This does not mean I am abandoning my path; rather, I'm just exercising and exploring.

With all of this being said, don't be surprised by the upcoming psychological/secular/materialist themed posts. One of them will be trying to explain magic with psychology, and see how that will fare.
"I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run."

- Odin

NEMO 93

Re: Paradigm Shift 1.0
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 07:52:32 pm »
We keep paradigm shifting in opposite directions, Chaos Magick being my paradigm with jungian though and paganism being my subparadigms for a while, a successful Enochian evokation has led me to take a more spiritually oriented paradigm and a more, open-minded one. I gues, Daoist in a sense referring to the bornless one/chaos as the over-all god so still chaos gnostic- but my angel/demon work may take the shape of Luciferianism- not in the Ford rubbish sense, in sort of approaching the angels with the myth as reference point. -although I want to bring Panspychism which is more akin what youre doing into one of my paradigms as all.

Honestly, my heirarchies of paradigms makes total sense to me while it may sound like an identity crisis or schizophrenia to someone else- it's just realizing different tasks require different approaches and different results.

I'm interested in these forces and the whole fall myth- it raises into question free will v divine right of these beings we work with- the angelic/demonic paradigm seems the best place to penetrate these mysteries- and evocation theory works it way back into panpsychism.

I'm always gonna be a chaos magician who seeks self deification, I feel, but I'm far more fluid in my practices and I'm always gonna be one that seeks after the mysteries as well. All my approaches are subject to change.
"“I ate civilization. It poisoned me; I was defiled. And then," he added in a lower tone, "I ate my own wickedness.” -Aldous Huxley

NEMO 93

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 07:53:11 pm »
In fact, the funnest part of paradigm shifting is having it come together in something unique- like my luciferian enochian approach.
"“I ate civilization. It poisoned me; I was defiled. And then," he added in a lower tone, "I ate my own wickedness.” -Aldous Huxley

Frater Gaster

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 08:09:10 pm »
I've never worked with the Enochian system, unfortunately. I may do, to see if I, like you, will be sent to a more spiritual point of view. I'm curious about your experiences, as in what exactly happened to push you towards the more spiritual perspective; but it's fine if you don't wish to share them.

Luciferianism is great if you know what sources to use for research; I agree that Ford is a terrible one. He really is a Satanist in all actuality rather than a Luciferian, but I digress...

To me, as it currently stands, the psychological model looks very promising. And, as someone who studies psychology, I think this may prove very beneficial to me in my future career. If, of course, I decide to maintain the psychological model.
"I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run."

- Odin

NEMO 93

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 11:12:35 pm »
I've been using a psychological paradigm for so long that I needed a change, I revisited my roots with chaos magick and thelema. Also, there's 2 chaos magic paradigms listed in Liber Null: atheistic one(psychological paradigm) and spiritual one(chaos as the creator of the universe.) I experienced the shadow of a spiritual paradigm when getting in too deep with paganism and having this kind of philosophical crisis, which brought me to the better side of it, I guess making me open to it. After getting to the other side, King Paimon wanted to make it known that gods and demons may very well exist outside of the mind giving one of the knocks when I was describing a psychological model- though one could interpret this different ways(its either true or he wanted me to believe it for some manipulative reason- it's a good thing for me I don't care).

I'll message you the enochian experiences in PM. But esentially Enochian was a lot more powerful and useful than I imagined, and that was just a single watchtower conjuration. BTW for anyone expecting christian goody two shoe angels, don't. They have a much different morality than one would imagine. Actually, my experience for them is best summed up in this attached meme-

Enochian angels could be quite useful for LHP work- the advice from them, and what I believe to by my daemon, basically led me to antinomianism to shake off one of the beliefs that was chaining me down and wasn't off my will.

I mean, I don't know I guess my metaparadigm is "you can't know for sure, so who gives a shit as long as it works" but I find my rituals to be charged by taking a spiritual subparadigm when performing.

NEMO 93

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 11:15:49 pm »
Also, my thursakyngi chaos-gnostic work and using the bornless one conjuration(I associate with chaos) really primed me for the spiritual chaos magick paradigm.

Frater Gaster

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 11:17:58 pm »
"I don't give a shit as long as it works."

That would be my personal paradigm, in all honesty. It's all over the place. A mix of both psychological and spiritual. I don't really care, ultimately. The paradigm shift I made was a mere mental exercise.

I made this post, not sure if you've read it, just to see if I'll be able to make a coherent explanation of the magickal phenomenon: http://orderoftheserpent.org/forum/index.php?topic=440.0

- Odin

NEMO 93

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 11:31:27 pm »
I've skimmed it a few times but i need to sit down and read it in detail.

I definitely recommend in staying in the paradigm for while, if you can. I've come to realize I've acquired heirarchy of paradigms- there's the metaparadigm, there's the subparadigm, the sub-sub paradigm, the hypersigil paradigm(esentially shifting your personality and therefore perception- which is different then beliefs)- then the ritual for the paradigm which only exists during the work of the ritual then is forgottne about it briefly.

The more flexible you are with all of these, the better! The sword is associated with the mind and intellect after all, so keep it sharp and ready to stab anything that threatens you to pieces including beliefs- have enough control over your mind and you might not even need a ritual  :D

I find myself shifting between these different heirarches as needed, heirarches is used loosely as there's some that are more accurate to the "truth" then others but the act of shifting through them to fit your need implies equal importance, does it not?

So I'm largely exploring the spiritual side now, as it's proven beneficial to me- but if it becomes it's own demon then I'll switch back to psychological paradigm or maybe panpsychism, or something.

Frater Gaster

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 11:35:35 pm »
I think that regardless of is best, we should paradigm shift, as it is a great mental exercise. So for instance, if you were to go back from the spiritual to the psychological model, and then find the psychological one most comfortable, I think you should move to another paradigm and get out of the comfort zone. Panpsychism model? Hmm...I may try it in the future, despite my qualms with panpsychism.

- Odin

Olive

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 11:14:58 pm »
This is a really important topic for people that are serious about magic and internal alchemy. I've done a lot of work over the past year with manufactured perspectives and it has paid off tremendously for me.

Mentality is everything in this work. Mentality is the road you're on. Mentality determines what kind of realizations you can have at a given moment.

The paradigms I have don't form as much of a strict hierarchy; it's more like I hold them all within me and easily swap back and forth to see different connections. Some of them are extremely important to my understanding of life in general, and others are more minor types that might lay outside of my normal functioning ones and yet can still be useful for certain subjects.

Materialism is one of the more important ones I operate normally in. Not the typical modern materialistic mindset, but something more similar to the ancient atomism of Kanada and Kapila, supplemented by modern information and different types of theoretical frameworks, but not denying the depth of experience and wisdom available in subjective states and experiences. This one is really important because it disabuses me of deluding fantastical notions about the work I do and gives me a sober view on what life and existence on this planet really is. It is also good for breaking the illusion of the physical world first, and then giving room for the inner explorations I partake in. I also have mentalities that are more conducive to so-called magical thinking, channeling, communion with entities, etc.

An example of a small paradigm I carry within me is Flat Earth. I don't actually take this to be the true cosmology of the universe in my ordinary practice, however this perspective gives one a much deeper understanding of astrology and ancient wisdom which is mainly based on this type of model for reality. Another benefit of it is that it puts all of my "knowledge" about galaxies and super clusters and the distant universe in perspective; all of that stuff was given to me by human institutions and affirmed by nothing other than argument by authority. Therefore when I get wrapped up in thoughts of sci-fi and the future of space colonization and mankind, it reminds me that these thoughts are really no different from the fantastical notions of heaven and hell and angels and such that your average christian goes on about - other than that the authority giving this 'religion' seems a lot more reliable to me.

It is centering to be able to enter that paradigm and be reminded that all of that stuff is really just more wordly knowledge with questionable reliability - a reminder to turn inwards again. It's also a powerful perspective when it comes to critiquing government and society, because within it the truth of flat earth is so system-busting there is practically no question of blindly trusting anything that comes to me from the government or corporate establishments. Another thing is that it puts your focus squarely on this world and accessible reality rather than this mental image of 'the universe'.

It's quite an interesting one and a good example I think of what being flexible with what perspectives you inhabit can do. I'd recommend looking into flat earth arguments even if you're 100% sure it's not true. You get less and less certain the more you look into it, and it gives you an example of how much you can take for granted and absorb without really knowing or thinking about it.
"I look beyond;
Flowers are not,
Nor tinted leaves.
On the sea beach
A solitary cottage stands
In the waning light
Of an autumn eve."

-Sen no Rikyū

Frater Gaster

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 11:52:54 pm »
You have inspired me, @Olive

I will definitely look into absurd positions just to learn more and improve.

I've already fully fleshed out my materialist model which can be found here: http://orderoftheserpent.org/forum/index.php?topic=440.0

- Odin