Author Topic: Large Realizations  (Read 109 times)

Xepera maSet

Large Realizations
« on: June 28, 2018, 07:03:30 pm »
So as I do I was guest speaking for a college class last night on Setianism and the LHP. Normally it's all good fun and things are well enough, but some really mind blowing shit came up for me last night when debating the students.

1. Platonism is just so complicated that even if it's true it may be pointless to attempt to understand and explain. Further, it is entirely unnecessary for supporting the position of Setianism. The nature of consciousness, it's rise and abilities, bring far more to the table than arguing Set as the Form of Consciousness. Like I see what the ToS was going for but I think it unnecessarily complicates things.

2. I'm much more balanced between truth and pragmatism than I thought before. For example I'm not epistemologically friendly in the sense that I think others aren't irrational, I very openly think certain ideas are irrational. Instead I have more of a balance between truth and what works for an individual. I think both are important. For example I may think a Christians beliefs are irrational but still positive and beneficial for them, and that they are welcome to practice it.

3. We need a more secular term for "Left Hand Path".

CLEARING MY HEAD, WILL LIKELY RETURN

Xepera maSet

Re: Large Realizations
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 04:23:51 pm »
I'm not really sure why aquino and the ToS chose the route of Platonism. I mean I'm not dismissing the theory of forms, I'm just wondering why they didn't go the much more obvious and direct route - the nature of consciousness. It's rise and capabilities alone suggest the existence of Set, that's 1,000x more Parsimonious than relying on Set through on solely on the Forms.

CLEARING MY HEAD, WILL LIKELY RETURN