Author Topic: Extending Lesser Magic  (Read 1155 times)

Cabshear

Extending Lesser Magic
« on: December 10, 2017, 08:19:49 am »
Greetings,

One of my weakness for years was the application of Lesser Magic. This weakness was born out of my lack of social knowledge due to my being homeschooled. While I didn't have to face the mind-numbing collectivism of state sanctioned school systems, the downside was that I didn't learn social contracts. This is the foundation of lesser magic, social contract. However I hope to form a collaboration of ideas to extend Lesser Magic, for the experienced Satanist, into a more aristocratic or elite methodology. This is not meant to undermine the Satanic Witch, Satanic Warlock, or any of the other works on the basics of Lesser Magic.

I decided to push lesser magic into a more elite direction, and away from the wile and guile aspect due to the current nature of the world we live in today. Today a male Satanist using wile and guile with a woman could quickly find himself in court being accused of all manner of atrocities. Also, I believe that Satanists grow and mature with time and experience. The effects of my methodology has recently resulted in a major promotion at my job.

1. Balance your speech. Don't sound to complex or high minded, this can come off as Condescension.

2. Temper your Satanism the way the Masons did. Create an easter egg hunt, leaving clues, but never give them the full answer. Always say less than nessessary. Ex. I always changed the colors of the Sigil of Baphomet lapel pins I had on my back pack for work. Some days it was red, some white, other days it was black and silver.

3. Create an air of mystery about yourself. Even though I do rock climb, kayak, hike, camp, and lift weights, what I don't have are a bunch of worthless selfies of me doing it. I tell people about my vital existence but without the photos their imaginations fill in the blanks.

4. Guard your reputation. Enter into your actions boldly, make it look easy and move on to the next goal. Let them see you do that.

5. Don't always be around. The experienced Satanist knows when to be there and when to be a ghost. Absence increases respect. Ex. At my job, my hours and work load is massive. I get extended weekends where I have 5 days off. On my last day I do a knock out job, tell the best jokes, make the most people laugh, buy breakfast for dispatch and buy lunch for my partner and then...I disappear for five days.

6. Let others do your soliciting for you. Jesus Christ never had to sell himself, he had 12 disciples on his payroll who traveled all over to tell people about him. Same for Buddha.

7. Mind how you dress. A mature Satanist's power can be swept away when he looks like a Hot Topic reject. A dress shirt, vest, blazer, nice jeans and shoes with a well placed lapel pin and combed hair. These things will help you say a lot without opening your mouth. Dress and Grooming can be addressed at a later date. Consider these:

https://dashingdevil.com/
http://www.menswearhouse.com/

These are a collaboration of several works.

The 48 Laws of Power
The Laws of Seduction
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Sleight of Mouth***
The Black Book of NLP

I have had several people look at me and tell me "Just being around you, I feel smarter." This is always what I gauge off of, never underestimating their manipulations.

Lesser Magic can be used to expand the people around you, this will hold more weight. You may get all the other smaller perks (Watch your asses) but giving people a slight wake up will jar them more than some petty mind tricks.
-----------------------------------------------------------
***Robert Dilts wrote his work on NLP, called Sleight of Mouth. This was designed to be a more useful and practical method of Neurolinguistic Programming. Along with the book, which is available on Amazon, he did a series of lectures, DVD 1 is linked below. The rest are available on youtube. 

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:31:20 pm by Cabshear »

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
Re: Extending Lesser Magic
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 01:50:42 pm »
Admin note: Added spaces between the numbered sections.

"The Dragon became as a many-headed Serpent,
It's fiery tongues bearing forth speech
Into all the kingoms of the Earth."

My book, "Behold: the Prince of Darkness!": https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1726037460/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_1726037460

Onyx

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 04:22:09 pm »
There is so much win in this post. Stickied.

Guarding one's reputation might be the most important point you made. I'm pretty much an "everyman', jeans and black t-shirts have gone a long way for me, and my personal comfort comes first. ;) Never saw much value in "playing the role".

Concerning the rest, I'll offer a quote from "Fight Club":
How much can you know yourself if you've never been in a fight?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:23:58 pm by Onyx »

Cabshear

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 05:16:26 pm »
There is so much win in this post. Stickied.

Guarding one's reputation might be the most important point you made. I'm pretty much an "everyman', jeans and black t-shirts have gone a long way for me, and my personal comfort comes first. ;) Never saw much value in "playing the role".

Concerning the rest, I'll offer a quote from "Fight Club":
How much can you know yourself if you've never been in a fight?

Indeed, how much can you know?  :thumbsup:

The fact that you have recognized objectively that there is a role that is being played gives you a one up on the group. The herd, on the other hand, may not recognize their roles. Some people in modern society are so dedicated to keying their actions to their identity that "playing a role" doesn't cross their mind. Now you can play the roles you desire, within the situations that assist you the most, on your own terms.

Again enters false positivity. The unwillingness to get outside Conceptualization, this is discarded off hand as "negative" reinforcing a supposed reality to abstractions. The sociolators are like the idol worshipers of the ancient past. They forge the idea with their carnal brains, then circumventing the process, they attribute the idea with giving them some sense of life and existence. When this solipsistic reality is fractured the result is cognitive dissonance. The herd will attempt to strike at the objective universe for breaking the flaws in their subjective world, for the flaws in their internal maps, rather than updating their maps with new data.

Essentially, the herd may not recognize that the Map is not the Territory. In fact, they may be dedicated to refusing the acceptance of such, labeling it as negative or evil.

NEMO 93

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 07:29:46 pm »
This is an amazing post and I agree with so much of it and really need to take it to heart. I have some disagreements.

First off, don't over-dress either. Your dress advice is sound for older people but if you're a young adult, any dress code is fine as long as you know fit and style. :) I've had no problems identifying with subcultures as long as you know when to leave it home. I'd point one to nu-goth clothes such as found on killstar and blackcraft cult for dressing alternative without looking like an immature teenager.

They also show how overt occult references can still be mysterious and leave easter eggs.

I need to be more aware of my reputation. On the plus side, I did find out on the last day of the semester that people, including the one I spent the most time with, are surprised to learn more and think I'm mysterious. I need to retreat from discsussion on social media more.

I think wile and guile can still be healthy, you just have to adapt to the times. The Psychopath's Bible is a wonderful instruction to this despite the name. Always be aware of what other people want, if you want to charm them esentially.

I think while you are playing roles, it benefits a lot to have a genuine self somewhere in your role. Some people can really sense manipulation and you're more mysterious when someone finds you in another group acting very differently but still honest and genuine.

pi_rameses

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 10:46:52 pm »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra

Cabshear

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 01:29:12 pm »
This is an amazing post and I agree with so much of it and really need to take it to heart. I have some disagreements.

First off, don't over-dress either. Your dress advice is sound for older people but if you're a young adult, any dress code is fine as long as you know fit and style. :) I've had no problems identifying with subcultures as long as you know when to leave it home. I'd point one to nu-goth clothes such as found on killstar and blackcraft cult for dressing alternative without looking like an immature teenager.

They also show how overt occult references can still be mysterious and leave easter eggs.

I need to be more aware of my reputation. On the plus side, I did find out on the last day of the semester that people, including the one I spent the most time with, are surprised to learn more and think I'm mysterious. I need to retreat from discsussion on social media more.

I think wile and guile can still be healthy, you just have to adapt to the times. The Psychopath's Bible is a wonderful instruction to this despite the name. Always be aware of what other people want, if you want to charm them esentially.

I think while you are playing roles, it benefits a lot to have a genuine self somewhere in your role. Some people can really sense manipulation and you're more mysterious when someone finds you in another group acting very differently but still honest and genuine.

It is my opinion that not only is LM individualistic in its aesthetic and artistic expressions, but it is also quite heuristic. Also finding a practical book on understanding social contracts is not easy to find. Unless you enjoy Hobb’s material.

I think the key phrase you used here that tends to be overlooked is “charm.”
The satanic witch or warlock should come off as charming and yes, indeed tempered with a genuine Self. My essential purpose in this is to not reduce the matured Satanist to an opportunistic manipulator. Once you are discovered the jigs up and no one will trust you with anything. No one will believe you and always suspect you. At this point, once the herd sniffs out the manipulator, and not the charming mysterious warlock or witch, your genuine self could be lost in the distrust. In a culture swimming in victim mentality this can also paint a major target on you.

Like a stage magician, once everyone knows all his tricks he’s sure to be out of business. However, a few well placed sleight of hand tricks at a party mixed with charm and depth can go a long way.  :thumbsup:

Charm your friends and love interests. Take extreme caution in the current environment, this is become dangerous for many men. Regardless, of any intentions men are being destroyed legally by just mere accusations. *sigh* Reminds me of the good ‘ole days in Salem. Haha

Be an opportunistic manipulator to your enemies. Consider Dr. LaVey’s reference to this from The Devil’s Notebook. One how to be a god,
Or the Devil. Have people come to you, be merciful and loving to your loyal ones and merciless and destructive to your enemies.

Charm is a fantastic term here, thank you for adding it. I believe the basic foundations for that can be found in How to Win friends and Influence People.

I also sport Blackcraft zip hoodies with a dress shirt and sometimes a tie. Overdressing can very much come off as ostentatious and silly. Don’t show up to a company party in a tux and top hat. Also some Blackcraft dress is a bit over the top. Showing up at a party or drinks at the bar with Satanic Motherfucker scrawled across the back can be just as much over the top. Healthy aesthetics always wins out.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:52:39 pm by Cabshear »

NEMO 93

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 04:51:28 pm »
I agree with everything you said. I'd just like to add that there's a difference between satement piece over-the-top and cringely over the top if you are good enough at fashion.

Yeah, I avoid stuff like Satanic Motherfucker like a plague but they have some cool thinly vieled or obscure references like the owl shirt that's really esoteric and asthetic but makes no sense to most people.

As for statement pieces, THIS is rediculously over the top one should normally avoid. However, it's just trendy enough to make a good statement piece at a party with some kind of hipster crowd or maybe a concert. I've oddly seen religious symbols(more buddhist and eastern than occult) catching on in that trend lately as well which makes them less taboo and gothic if you're younger. Might have to do with the black/white split pattern gaining in popularity. There's actually huge cross-over between Nugoth and Hipster trends right now.

https://us.killstar.com/collections/clothing-mens-hoodies/products/cult-ritual-hoodie-b

I used to have a DIY Punk vest I was younger that was particularly charming even though it's crude and counter-culture. The biggest key to statement pieces is being incredibly comfortable in them, maybe even more comfortable than normally more-so than what they actually are, in my experience.

Google has tons of information on -normal- statement pieces. My only advice for it in LBM make it unique and eye-catching. They should be conversation starters. You can still definitely use them when dressing down.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS743US743&q=statement+pieces+2017+men&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZ6djk9YTYAhWiRN8KHUW1BDUQvwUIJigA&biw=1366&bih=662

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS743US743&biw=1366&bih=662&ei=qAcwWo7IDaOiggfl8o_YCw&q=statement+pieces+2018+men&oq=statement+pieces+2018+men&gs_l=psy-ab.3...69657.69897.0.70385.2.2.0.0.0.0.132.204.1j1.2.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.q4aYIDNWYso

NEMO 93

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 04:54:23 pm »
But really great post and thread, I'm gonna have to read How To Win Friends next.

While we're on the subject of the Devil's Notebook, does anyone have experience with Lavey's synthesizer clock and have opinions on it?

Cabshear

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 07:31:31 pm »
But really great post and thread, I'm gonna have to read How To Win Friends next.

While we're on the subject of the Devil's Notebook, does anyone have experience with Lavey's synthesizer clock and have opinions on it?

It’s not totally wrong, but not totally right.

It’s a starting point that can be altered to the individual witch or warlock. However, it’s better than starting with nothing.

Also with clothing, as a Satanist and “sinister practitioner of the dark arts” (chuckle) It’s always fun to hide in plain sight. The masochist begins to emerge
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:35:26 pm by Cabshear »

Kapalika

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 07:03:40 pm »
I'm pretty much in support of the original post. It is true some of the older ways of lesser black magick is manipulation and when it comes to power dynamics it's easy for it to be exploitive. I think the way you've layed out a strategy is a good way forward.

The only thing I find myself disagreeing with (and partially so) is the suggested way to dress. It did seem to suggest a kind of smart casual approach which is really good if you work in an office or in the tech industry but when it comes to fashion most places are lax today. I'd agree looking like you got everything from Hot Topic will make you look lame to most people (other than for band shirts that place is kinda dorky).

To give an idea of how I approach dress, now days I mostly wear jeans and a plaid button down and/or a t-shirt with a bandana to help hold my dreadlocks in place (which tend to be tied like a pony tail). I find it works for virtually anywhere I go. Plaid can be really classy or fancy depending on style and color, same with jeans. I have had some black jeans that were mistaken for dress pants before. It also isn't what you wear, but how you wear it, if that makes sense. Also any jewelry or makeup can really affect the entire context of how one's dressed.

I guess I really see fashion as an artform, and art is in a lot of ways similar to a form of magic (and sometimes is magic).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 07:05:55 pm by Kapalika »
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmācāra

"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Etu Malku

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 08:05:46 pm »
Greetings,

One of my weakness for years was the application of Lesser Magic. This weakness was born out of my lack of social knowledge due to my being homeschooled. While I didn't have to face the mind-numbing collectivism of state sanctioned school systems, the downside was that I didn't learn social contracts. This is the foundation of lesser magic, social contract. However I hope to form a collaboration of ideas to extend Lesser Magic, for the experienced Satanist, into a more aristocratic or elite methodology. This is not meant to undermine the Satanic Witch, Satanic Warlock, or any of the other works on the basics of Lesser Magic.

I decided to push lesser magic into a more elite direction, and away from the wile and guile aspect due to the current nature of the world we live in today. Today a male Satanist using wile and guile with a woman could quickly find himself in court being accused of all manner of atrocities. Also, I believe that Satanists grow and mature with time and experience. The effects of my methodology has recently resulted in a major promotion at my job.

1. Balance your speech. Don't sound to complex or high minded, this can come off as Condescension.

2. Temper your Satanism the way the Masons did. Create an easter egg hunt, leaving clues, but never give them the full answer. Always say less than nessessary. Ex. I always changed the colors of the Sigil of Baphomet lapel pins I had on my back pack for work. Some days it was red, some white, other days it was black and silver.

3. Create an air of mystery about yourself. Even though I do rock climb, kayak, hike, camp, and lift weights, what I don't have are a bunch of worthless selfies of me doing it. I tell people about my vital existence but without the photos their imaginations fill in the blanks.

4. Guard your reputation. Enter into your actions boldly, make it look easy and move on to the next goal. Let them see you do that.

5. Don't always be around. The experienced Satanist knows when to be there and when to be a ghost. Absence increases respect. Ex. At my job, my hours and work load is massive. I get extended weekends where I have 5 days off. On my last day I do a knock out job, tell the best jokes, make the most people laugh, buy breakfast for dispatch and buy lunch for my partner and then...I disappear for five days.

6. Let others do your soliciting for you. Jesus Christ never had to sell himself, he had 12 disciples on his payroll who traveled all over to tell people about him. Same for Buddha.

7. Mind how you dress. A mature Satanist's power can be swept away when he looks like a Hot Topic reject. A dress shirt, vest, blazer, nice jeans and shoes with a well placed lapel pin and combed hair. These things will help you say a lot without opening your mouth. Dress and Grooming can be addressed at a later date. Consider these:

https://dashingdevil.com/
http://www.menswearhouse.com/

These are a collaboration of several works.

The 48 Laws of Power
The Laws of Seduction
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Sleight of Mouth***
The Black Book of NLP

I have had several people look at me and tell me "Just being around you, I feel smarter." This is always what I gauge off of, never underestimating their manipulations.

Lesser Magic can be used to expand the people around you, this will hold more weight. You may get all the other smaller perks (Watch your asses) but giving people a slight wake up will jar them more than some petty mind tricks.
-----------------------------------------------------------
***Robert Dilts wrote his work on NLP, called Sleight of Mouth. This was designed to be a more useful and practical method of Neurolinguistic Programming. Along with the book, which is available on Amazon, he did a series of lectures, DVD 1 is linked below. The rest are available on youtube. 

Before I can comment on any of this, I wish to ask what is your definition of 'Lesser Magic'?