Author Topic: Making it esoteric  (Read 69 times)

Kapalika

Making it esoteric
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:09:26 am »
12/7/17 edit: Finally got home so could edit to say that the music and other stuff is just an example. The main question is, is it better for things to be esoteric, or to be more clearly laid out? And if so why and when should it be esoteric and when not?

In the earlier forms of black metal the low production values were used to ward off those without a previous interest in the vision the artists had. I've been thinking about this a lot lately particularly when it comes to my writings and own music.

On one hand, it does that but it also makes it very easy for people to misinterpret it and make it into something it's not. I wonder if in this age when you can easily get a hold of anything on the internet if such an intention is going to backfire.

Then again it's like everyone and their uncle wants to lay out the occult as an instruction manual to varying degrees of success. Perhaps we can blame this trend on Crowley as he was one of the first but I think that it was inevitable given shifts in society and the decline of Christianity.

Still, a large part of me thinks it's safer to at least do this (since some advanced techniques are dangerous). They might be making fools of themselves and the misinformation helps the "real thing" hide and be kept secret. Some things shouldn't be shared. It seems only the tantrics of old, where they still survive understand this. It's impossible to find information on specific things without initiation, things only seen or told in person (such as the secret mantras).

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:04:02 am by Kapalika »
My Music and Blog // My Chatroom
My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmācāra (Left Hand path)
"God and the individual are one, to realize this is the essence of Shaivism.” - Lakshman Joo

pi_ramesses

Re: Making it esoteric
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 06:49:51 am »
That seems pretty much in line with the esoteric tradition. I've heard it said that all the manuals and what have you can only get you so far and are somewhat unintelligible to most as a way of protecting them from their ignorance. But I think it works both ways as it keeps the esoteric from being compromised or "selling out".
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

pi_ramesses

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 07:10:29 am »
It doesn't have to be a choice; merely an emphasis of one versus another. The music that you produce could be presented in a two-fold manner: one for mass appeal and the other as inner mysteries into the psyche - what we truly are.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Kapalika

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 09:35:04 pm »
On phone not able to post easily but wanted to say wasn't so much about music that's an example as is the books like you said I should of been more clear lol
My Music and Blog // My Chatroom
My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmācāra (Left Hand path)
"God and the individual are one, to realize this is the essence of Shaivism.” - Lakshman Joo

King Mob

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 12:09:02 am »
If anything I think (pic related approach) has given modern authors beginning with Crowley the best modern way of including a number of blinds in their works.

While more a philosophical book, Book of Lies is the first one I've seen to really use it. The technique is akin to mind-numbing pretnetiousness. Book of Lies is so-named because anything Crowley said at his would be lost in translatio and it's a grating read of riddles and him thinking he's clever. However, it did openly demonstrate his theory of sex magick in various ways. It is a good example of pointing to one's personal "truth" without plainly saying it, however.

Peter Carrol who simplified magic to (pic related) levels, plainly says he used a similar technique as a blind in Liber Kaos. His rather annoying fixation with quantam mechanics was originally just to over-load the book with math to discourage people.

However, I prefer the post-modern approach. Hey, if any fucker can do it; let them. You can read as much as you want about theory but you ain't gonna learn shit til you practice. You can see works like DKMU and certain new LHP approaches really advocate for trial by fire.

The reason I prefer the last is why point one to your own personal truth when you can give them the means of finding their own?
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

xx
Making a chatroom server

Started by Kapalika on Lounge

5 Replies
Last post September 04, 2017, 08:26:16 pm
by pi_ramesses
xx
(LBM) Tricks for making time seem slower/faster?

Started by Xepera maSet on General LHP Discussion

0 Replies
Last post November 06, 2017, 03:04:52 pm
by Xepera maSet