Author Topic: What in the hell are Enochian angels?  (Read 79 times)

King Mob

What in the hell are Enochian angels?
« on: November 29, 2017, 06:29:38 pm »
These clearly can't be angels, in the judeo-christian sense, other than the bible mentions one of them looking something like this big wheel of fire that resembed a Lovecraftian horror.

Michael Kelly used Enochian to communicate with Apep to start his order when he left the Order of Leviathan. LaVey adopted Enochian language into Satanic calls. An argument that they're unique of the Golden Dawn paradigm can't be true because Dee and Kelly were the first to work them and there are Enochian traditionalists out there that reject Golden Dawn.

I'm reading Vision and the Voice now which records visuals alongwith messages and everything seems to revolve around the abyss, babalon, and so on. It almost sounds more demonic but not quite. Like it's both or neither. Appearances can and do resemble that Lovecraftian horror aspect I mentioned in it.

I mean you can always argue that these things are altered by the person who is recieving it(Crowley did have a Babalon fetish). I've heard a lot of speculation that angels=angles or subangles. As in the strange angles in reality which reminds me of the Order of the Trapezoid.

I'm intrigued and want to investigate and I know in magick, recieved wisdom is best through own gnosis- but I want to know what other people think and if there's any popular theories about this strange system?
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Setamorphosis

Re: What in the hell are Enochian angels?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 03:12:05 pm »
I've not worked with Enochian spirits, but from what I have heard, they are quite explosive. Not sure if it's true, though.
"Darkness is just light turned inside out."
  --Beelzebub

King Mob

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 03:36:44 pm »
Explosive in what way? My main interest lies in scrying the 30 aethyrs just to seek after mysteries but it seems that you can use angels from the tablet to further you will if you properly speak Enochian but that might be a little risky in a explosive sense.
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Setamorphosis

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 03:47:11 pm »
Aggressive in how they manifest - their energy is all in your face. Expect knocking on doors, lightbulbs shattering, and so on.

Again, not sure if these are just rumors, or tales of magicians who did an improper evocation of these spirits, but that's what I've heard.
  --Beelzebub

King Mob

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 04:38:38 pm »
Oh wow, interesting. This is actually something I've been looking for. Physical manifestations.

Goetia, while reporting physical manifestations, is not a method I like as I feel these spirits should be approached like old pagan Gods. A little too harsh. While Enochian contians plenty of hubris in speaking the language of the Angels(something heretically promethean enough for me), it seems to treat the actual Angels with respect among initial callings.

Maybe they forgot to put sigilum de aemeths' underneath the table legs as they seem to act like insulators? I definitely plan on following the ritual tradition symbolically as much as possible to prevent risk. There's really no instruction on material for tablets and such so I can improvise cheaply. It seems like the wax sigilums are the saftey precautions so I dont want to skimp there.

Setamorphosis

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 06:02:59 am »
Physical manifestations are difficult. Visible manifestations, however, are much easier.
  --Beelzebub