Author Topic: So I talked to the Prince of Darkness  (Read 171 times)

Setamorphosis

So I talked to the Prince of Darkness
« on: November 22, 2017, 02:30:34 am »
I will try to put it to words as best as I can, but it probably won't do my experience justice.

I fell into a deep trance (complete darkness with only candle light to illuminate the room helps a ton). In my mind's eye I saw geometric shapes moving and shifting - the most notable one was a pitch black trapezoid (coincidence?).

That was the form that the Prince of Darkness took. It was very abstract. The emotions I felt were quite odd. I felt like a kid in a presence of an elder family member, maybe even a parent, or something along those lines. The impression I had from this is that I've come face to face with the true God of Mankind. A humanly god, who is not human, if that makes sense? I also had some mental images and memories going back and forth briefly and quickly.

The Prince of Darkness then spoke to me in a voiceless voice. Now, it was different from my thought process because I couldn't shut it off, and it's coherent, consistent, and straight to the point.

The first thing I asked him was his name, and he said to me that his names are many, and that he'll keep changing them depending on the period. He'll also change forms. He would go from a more corrupted form, to a purer form (Set), to another ancient form, to a cartoonish form, etc. He'll be whatever he wants to be, because he can.

Then he asked me why have I been rejecting him. I didn't really give him a good answer because I was confused. I said something along the lines of "I don't quite understand what and how you are."

The Prince of Darkness told me that if I want to know him, I must know myself first. I'm still thinking about what exactly he meant by this.

We went back and forth a bit. I asked him some questions, and he answered. Then he asked me something, and I would answer (sometimes poorly, sometimes well enough; his questions weren't easy). Oh, he would either give me information I didn't previously know, or pull something out of my memory that I've forgotten and remind me of something. It was very interesting.

The most notable thing that the Prince of Darkness said was that referring to him as Lucifer is probably the least accurate name I could think of. The Prince of Darkness too might not be entirely accurate (but it's certainly more accurate than Lucifer), because he also represents light - namely, granting this light to us (The Black Flame). He also said that he visited plenty of magicians, covens, and organizations - sometimes under the same name, sometimes under a different name.

In the end, he doesn't mind. His names are countless, and his age immemorial.

I'm not quite sure what I make out of this experience. It was incredible, and as I've said, I can't put it to words properly. It was so much more than what I've just described. Aside from the things he explicitly said to me (as advice, and tips), he made me wonder how I should refer to him (I forgot to ask, derp). I mean he did say the Prince of Darkness is more accurate, but it's missing another aspect of his being in its implication. I guess Set would be most appropriate because that's the name he's going by right now, but I have a feeling he'll change his name again very soon.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:32:52 am by Setamorphosis »
"Darkness is just light turned inside out."
  --Beelzebub

Setamorphosis

Re: So I talked to the Prince of Darkness
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 02:47:06 am »
To add: I had to google some symbols. The visual experience I had of the Prince of Darkness was as I've said geometrical shapes. The ones I could catch / remember:

Pitch black trapezoid, circles, and triangles - some of which formed the rune Dagaz which is the rune of enlightenment. That's interesting.

Hmm...I'll have to ask the Prince of Darkness about Acosmicism/Anti-Cosmicism the next time I speak with him.

my thoughts are all over the place at the moment, damn.
  --Beelzebub

Setamontet

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:25:37 am »
"Those who call me the Prince of Darkness do me no dishonor."
"I shall roam this world and I shall come to those who seek me."
- Set, The Book of Coming Forth by Night

This thread reminds me of one of the most powerful and influencing interactions I've had with the presence of Set.  It was between the ages of 19-20 that I was transitioning from Satanist to Setian.  What initially drew me to the Temple of Set and Setian philosophy and religion was its honest and unapologetic seeking after the knowledge and wisdom of the Prince of Darkness, its understanding of Black Magic, and the infusing of dark imagery with ancient Egyptian symbolism.  Prior to discovering the ToS I had been a Satanist for about 5 years.  It wasn't until I got a book "The Occult Experience" which has a pretty good chapter on the ToS, that I really began taking a hard look at Set and the Temple.

I started to study up on the god Set and Egyptian mythology, and was very intrigued by it.  Soon I began to really ask the question - "does Set, does the Prince of Darkness truly exist?"  Finally, on a warm Summer night in June my wanting to know became a Need to Know.

At that moment, spontaneously, outdoors and the night sky as my ritual chamber, I outstretched my arms and invoked for the first time the name of Set using an invocation of Set I had written weeks earlier.  Immediately an intense inspiration and feeling of warmth, peace, and dynamic surge of an electrical current began flowing through me and infused within me an awesome sense of bliss and heightened awareness.  New insights and perceptual clarity began racing through my mind, and I remember feeling a sensation as if I was being levitated, I couldn't feel the ground beneath me.  It was also like my mind had become linked with that of another, something ancient and far more intelligent.

After this working of Greater Black Magic I was changed and my life was changed for ever - truly a moment of Xeper.  On that night I am convinced that Set did come forth and recognized me as one of his own kind.

For ever in the Black Flame!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:33:32 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

Xepera maSet

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 11:25:33 am »
Can you draw us the images you saw by any chance?
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Sutekh

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 01:01:21 pm »
He also said that he visited plenty of magicians, covens, and organizations - sometimes under the same name, sometimes under a different name.

He may had enjoyed his time with the Temple of Set from what I can imagine. :)
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Sutekh

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 01:05:46 pm »
but I have a feeling he'll change his name again very soon.

Thoughts?

I view the Prince of Darkness as a Unified aspect, "all in one." Which is my own saying, when I always denied his existence and then I experienced it during my time with the Order, I at first regarded him as an unknown entity till I found out that the Dark Lord was Satan within my viewing of him.

My essay the Satanic Doctrine explains the theory of how others view him as he is.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:28:30 pm by pi_ramesses »
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Setamorphosis

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 02:59:53 pm »
@Setamontet , that sounds like an amazing experience! It's still funny to me when people say that the Prince of Darkness is this malignant being, when anyone who approaches him receives nothing but positive experiences.

Oh, I don't think I've asked you before. Were you a LaVeyan/atheistic Satanist prior to you becoming a Setian?

@Xepera maSet sure, here it is: https://imgur.com/a/hPba7  Just keep in mind that this is no way an accurate depiction of the thing I saw. What I saw was ever-shifting, except for the trapezoid I think. It was also far more complex (I forgot some elements)

@Sutekh , I'll read your essay soon. :)

--Beelzebub

Mindmaster

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 03:13:00 pm »
The most notable thing that the Prince of Darkness said was that referring to him as Lucifer is probably the least accurate name I could think of. The Prince of Darkness too might not be entirely accurate (but it's certainly more accurate than Lucifer), because he also represents light - namely, granting this light to us (The Black Flame). He also said that he visited plenty of magicians, covens, and organizations - sometimes under the same name, sometimes under a different name.

From a demonlogical and demonolatry perspective, Lucifer isn't Satan. So, I guess we agree on something. :D In those contexts, he is an air elemental demon associated with the east. Most the old demonic hierarchies are pretty damn clear with this.

I feel Pan, and the Horned God are syncretic energies with Satan himself. I'm not sure about Set, but I just have no vibe with Egyptian deities - it tends to make it challenging to reach them. Anyway, your story was pretty cool to read... We need more of that around here. :D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:31:16 pm by pi_ramesses »

King Mob

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 04:32:01 pm »
@Mindmaster  I'm skeptical of those invocation circles. The attributions are correct and I'm sure they're effective but I feel like they simplify the concepts way too much.

Leviathan is the water elemental, if I recall correctly, but anyone who's worked with him can tell you he is much more than that although that attribution is correct.

I suspect the same for all demons involved in the circle castings.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:34:19 pm by pi_ramesses »
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Setamontet

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 10:51:31 am »
@Setamontet , that sounds like an amazing experience! It's still funny to me when people say that the Prince of Darkness is this malignant being, when anyone who approaches him receives nothing but positive experiences.

Oh, I don't think I've asked you before. Were you a LaVeyan/atheistic Satanist prior to you becoming a Setian?

I first started out as a LaVeyan Satanist but never considered myself an atheist.  I believed in the existence of the Dark Lord, but it wasn't until I became Setian that I was convinced.

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set