Author Topic: Does The Prince of Darkness even care about humanity as a whole?  (Read 333 times)

Setamorphosis

Does The Prince of Darkness even care about humanity as a whole?
« on: November 17, 2017, 01:54:36 pm »
This is something I've been thinking about quite a bit lately. In each and every encounter with the Prince of Darkness, I felt some alien vibes from it - by this I don't mean ET / grey alien stuff, but rather something foreign. More important than that, I feel some sort of calmness from him.

I also feel love (Towards him) too - but not romantic love. This feeling of love is something more powerful. It's intoxicating, I must say.

But, I can't help wonder...does The Prince of Darkness care about humanity as a whole? He might think us Setians, Luciferians, Satanists, and the like as allies or something, but does he even care about the general population, I wonder?

He has given The Black Flame to humanity, so he did show some care towards it...or perhaps it was pity? He maybe pitied us for being so primitive. Perhaps he has given us The Black Flame as an experiment? An interesting idea of his. To see what would these little monkeys do with his gift. Maybe he genuinely cares about the general public, who knows.

What do you think?
"Darkness is just light turned inside out."
  --Beelzebub

Sutekh

Re: Does The Prince of Darkness even care about humanity as a whole?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 04:21:26 pm »
@Setamorphosis  I think that the Prince of Darkness gave us the Black Flame as an act of compassion towards humanity after he created the Objective Universe. To me it is hard to say whether he gave man the Black Flame over primitiveness.

The difference is, the Prince of Darkness gives man the decision to accept or decline the Black Flame. He does not force feeds this gift unlike Christ.

I think that we were never really that much of a primitive society to begin with at that time throughout the decades, sure we may have had different cultures in which some were perhaps separate from European culture.

But at the same time the Romans, Greeks, and the Egyptians were perhaps advanced oriented in medicine and to other things in general. I think that even though parts of humanity accepted his gift of the Black Flame, those who became Christs followers declining his gift decided to sweep Christs religion of Christianity.

Even as a consequence of Christ being killed on the cross by those influenced by the Dark Lords gift, Christianity unfortunately flooded its primitiveness to society.

This primitiveness is weakening as more individuals are accepting and realizing the potential of the Black Flame.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:24:06 pm by Sutekh »
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Xepera maSet

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 04:48:44 pm »
I can't text much without getting car sick and I'm headed out of town. Have you read The Word of Set?
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Onyx

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 05:49:05 pm »
"Arise thus in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being, for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life."

Set probably cares about us to the degree that we care about ourselves.

Xepera maSet

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 06:17:49 pm »
All below are quotes from The Word of Set

* * I am within and beyond you, the Highest of Life, in majesty greater than the forces of the Universe; whose eyes are the Face of the Sun and the Dark Fire of Set; who fashioned your intelligence as his own and reached forth to exalt you; who entrusted to you dignity of consciousness; who opened your eyes that you might know beauty; who brought you the key to knowledge of all lesser things; and who enshrined in you the Will to Come Into Being.

Stronger are your feet than the barren stone, and mightier are your voices than the manifold winds, for you are become a Temple such as is not, but in the mind of Set.

I am with you in peace and comfort; and I entrust to you my essence, because thus are we the same.

Arise thus in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being, for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life.

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Setamorphosis

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 12:57:33 am »
Ah, thanks, guys. It seems I have much more reading, studying, and invoking/evoking to do.
  --Beelzebub

Xepera maSet

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 01:42:12 pm »
Don't get me wrong, Set isn't the god Christians pretend to worship, he isn't hovering over your shoulder judging you, he doesn't want to hand you things or make stuff easy. I agree with your interpretation of Set being almost alien, that's where Grant and Lovecraftian magic come in actually. Not that Set is a mindless destructive being either of course.

This reminds me I should finish my old essay on Lovecraftian magic and publish it in TIS3.

King Mob

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 02:07:30 pm »
In my (extremely limited) experience with Set, my first impressions are the same as @Xepera maSet's.

He seems to embody, the daemon, a fatherly type, and none of it all at once. I suppose that's the nature of chaos.

He seems far less alien to me than, say, Leviathan or Apep. Even Set kept Apep at bay so Set can't be -too- alien in that regard.
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Setamorphosis

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 10:08:48 am »
@King Mob , I must admit, I recently had a lot of doubts. Whether or not this was real. Whether or not these entities are just split versions of my mind. This is something most magicians struggle  with, no doubt.

But, I am more and more inclined to say that there's more to it. That we're indeed dealing with metaphysical entities - not just the Prince of Darkness. Rather, there are many more like him.

It makes a lot of sense when I think about it: If these beings wanted to make themselves known, they would have done it already. Instead, they're a lot more careful and subtle when it comes to dealing with us.
  --Beelzebub

Xepera maSet

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 11:08:20 am »
In Setian Metaphysics, there are indeed many more beings like Set. I am a henotheist who works mainly with Set, Ra, Khepri, and Thoth, and have recently been on good terms with Horus the Elder.

Setamorphosis

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 11:12:57 am »
I work with about the same forces as you, except I refer to them by other names. Mainly because they have a powerful psychological impact on me, for whatever reason.

Tell me, how do they communicate with you and when? Out of the blue in your day-to-day life or does it require you being in an altered state of consciousness?
  --Beelzebub

Xepera maSet

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 11:29:33 am »
Kind of both.

King Mob

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 11:50:47 am »
Both for me as well. I had some doubts if it was in my head or not, and still do, even after working with Gods for a long time. I like to keep that doubt around as it keeps me from being fooled or getting my hopes up falsely with a magical working. A detachment can prevent lust for result but you need to do it respectfully when working with forces.

Working with demons has made me lean torwards them being real again and not psychological due to increased communication when compared to other forces. comes in synchronicities in regular life, and thoughts and energy in gnosis.
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Setamorphosis

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 12:09:06 pm »
I think the gods (demons included) understand our destructive nature, but still are willing to help us because deep down, we're all the same, really. We are souls. We're not much different from the gods. It's our destructive biology that makes us different, and keeps us in a cage, so to speak.

Because of this, the gods don't really want to show themselves - they won't try to prove their existence to the public (only to those who approach them with respect).

It's worth pointing out that whenever I wanted to prove myself or someone else that the gods are real/not real - they'll avoid me or make it as though it's me projecting pieces of my mind that's causing the results.

But, whenever I approach them with good intentions - not striving to test them - they show amazing results. Same goes for the people I know, both online and in real life. Gods prefer working from the shadows and remaining more-or-less unknown.

Kind of silly that it took me this long to figure this out. Of course, to an outsider, this would seem like a pathetic excuse. But it makes sense, when you ponder human nature, and what would happen if everyone in the world knew that the gods are real.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:11:15 pm by Setamorphosis »
  --Beelzebub

King Mob

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 01:00:19 pm »
@Setamorphosis  We just mentioned in chat but I wonder how many demons and Gods might be self deified humans.

Demons make more sense to me due to their focus on knowledge and seeming long for conversation with occultists. But I just recalled the legend of Hermes Trimestegus.